Thank you cards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Thank you cards

Can anyone suggest a place that will make a thank you card with your picture on it, that is inexpensive and a good quality?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Thank you cards

I believe you can make them on Kodak Gallery and Photo Works.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thank you cards

Not sure I would go through the trouble and money. I believe a thank you card is read and then thrown away. I think most people will not keep the picture of you and your husband.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thank you cards

I did our save-the-dates on snapfish.com and thought they turned out great. Not sure what you're looking for, but it's worth checking it out! I recall it being less than $70 for 100 STDs including envelopes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Thank you cards

shutterfly.com is an option. But, like another poster said, people will not keep the thank you card.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Thank you cards

Some people think it's extremely egotistical for a B+G to put their picture on thank you cards.

They would think that if they wanted a picture of the B+G, they would have taken one at the wedding.

Personally, I don't care what it looks like as long as I get one promptly.

(Except if someone has chosen to put their mugs on the STDs, invites, websites, thank yous, anniversary cards, ad nauseum...)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Thank you cards

thanks ladies for those to actually gave a suggestion to my question rather than their personal feelings about a picture on a thank you note.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thank you cards

Agree with Cosmo. The two times I have received thank yous with pics of the B&G I have found it to be pretty self indulgent! We just did ours on nice writing paper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thank you cards

Edit - the times that it has been nice to have one or two pictures included is for weddings that I couldn't actually attend, but had sent a gift.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Thank you cards

I personally like getting picture cards, thank you and otherwise!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

Thank you cards

Confession:
    LLJ and I did picture thank yous...they were part of our photographer's package...

::hangs head in shame::

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Thank you cards

thanks ladies for those to actually gave a suggestion to my question rather than their personal feelings about a picture on a thank you note.

I'm just into caring and sharing. If I was asking about a vendor for something that was "controversial", I would hope that someone would point it out to me. Then, it's up to me to decide if I care or not.

I would highly recommend vistaprint by the way. www.vistaprint.com

Or if you want to do it in person instead of online, try Photo Quick on Lexington St. in Waltham.

(We did B+G photo Christmas cards so obviously I don't care either...)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Thank you cards

PS - I would love a picture of LLJ and RLL-J!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

Thank you cards

Send me your address and it'll go in the mail tomorrow!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Thank you cards

I love the thank you's with the pics..and yes, I do save the pics. i have a small book that i keep the pics in...

My mom also has a tendency to keep the christmas cards that friends and family send of their kids...in yearly order. she also sorts the pics according to family. i find myself doing the same thing. One of my friends daughter is now 22, and I have 2 18 year old nieces...she showed the family pics during the college graduation party of my friends daughter and the high school graduation parties for my nieces..needless to say it garners many good memories and even better stories!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thank you cards

As an aside, last year one of my friends received a christmas card from an ex boyfriend.... all it was was a picture of him and his new wife on their wedding day... and no message inside except a printed "Holiday Greetings". It was really strange.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from missmaria. Show missmaria's posts

Thank you cards

Ditto on the Kodack Gallery for thank yous or anything. I loved them. I did photobooks and thank yous from them. They came out better in person then they look online.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Thank you cards

[Quote]As an aside, last year one of my friends received a christmas card from an ex boyfriend.... all it was was a picture of him and his new wife on their wedding day... and no message inside except a printed "Holiday Greetings". It was really strange.[/Quote]

Prill, did this friend have a really bad breakup with this particular boyfriend??? sounds like the ex boyfriend is being "retaliatory"??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thank you cards

No, it was a really civil break up - they both work in the same industry so see eachother at events etc and send the occasional email to one another. The whole thing was just really distasteful!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thank you cards

June08bride,
    Prill's "Holiday Greetings" story reminded me... Are you planning to write a message or just send out the pictures that say Thank You? I think it's really important to specifically thank each person, not send a generic message to everyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Thank you cards

I am gettig them done with a blank inside, I would never send a generic thank you to people, its tacky. Still waiting for my photographer to send my disk so these suckers can be ordered!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Thank you cards

[Quote]
    If I was asking about a vendor for something that was "controversial", I would hope that someone would point it out to me. Then, it's up to me to decide if I care or not.
    [/Quote]

I hardly think this qualifies as "controversial". Strippers, open bar, kids at night weddings controversial. Picture thank yous not so much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Thank you cards

Ralphie, if we ever get e-mail ability back, we can trade pix!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Thank you cards

[Quote]No, it was a really civil break up - they both work in the same industry so see eachother at events etc and send the occasional email to one another. The whole thing was just really distasteful![/Quote]

yes, that is distasteful. what is surprising is that it was a civil break up. i can see that happening if it was a bad breakup!

saw a situation when I was in college..many moons ago..where a friend of mine had a bad breakup w/a boyfriend....she had a pic taken w/her new boyfriend (she was sitting in his lap) and had sent it to the old boyfriend...the ex boyfriend in turn sent the photo to her dad with a note that simply stated "i see she's eating well in college"...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Thank you cards

[Quote]I am gettig them done with a blank inside, I would never send a generic thank you to people, its tacky. Still waiting for my photographer to send my disk so these suckers can be ordered!!![/Quote]