too much artificial drama - it's exhausting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

My MIL wants to invite too many people to the RD!! I forgot to ask my cousin to be in the wedding! Someone put their reply card inside their wedding card along with a generous check!! My friend invited me to a wedding way far away and only gave me a gift after 6 whole months!! My bridesmaids are making plans and they aren't specifically doing it the way I wanted them to!!

It's just a xxxxing party for heaven's sake! food, cake, booze, music, invitations. clothes, flowers, ceremony. Not a coronation. I cannot take the artificial drama.

I quit. Aunt Thelma is dead

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No more Wedding Channel? Well, at least things seem to be fixed enough here to not be excrutiatingly exhausting just to post. I hope they continue to work on it, though. Good to see you, AB!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I have to kind of agree, Aunt Thelma, I mean Aunt Beth. :-) It's not as bad as the Knot, but the national boards of the WC are full of little babies who are apparently used to getting their own way. I wonder if they are just going to hold their breath and stamp their feet if something during the reception doesn't go their way. :-) However, the Boston board of the WC has a lot of former BDC members and is still pretty good, albeit rather slow right now. The functionality of the WC board is still a heck of a lot better than BDC. For that reason alone I'm going to keep on w/ the Boston WC boards, but pretty much leave the national boards alone. I still check in here from time to time too b/c I still have not found another parenting/baby/TTC board that I like better than BDC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnneEnow. Show AnneEnow's posts

Did you read the thread about 12 bridesmaids being too many? That one was pretty funny but I agree with you about the drama on the national boards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

Seems to me that when I first started lurking then posting HERE spring and summer 2006 there were a whole bunch of posts from very young sounding (or immature for their age), spoiled brides. I can still remember a few favorites.
    My FI's best friend, who will be our attendant heard me talk about using Paul McCartney's Silly Love Song as an intro. Then the horrid thief had the nerve to play it at her wedding, 6 months before ours...
    We signed with a venue in our home town, and now some close friend is having her wedding there,5 or 8 months before ours. There is another place in town, and nearby towns too. How can I be friends with someone who stole from us.
    My bm and I had a fight and I kicked her out of the wedding, and she is holding the dress hostage OUT OF STATE (read 8 miles over NH/MA line or some such. Lots of insults to follow. What do I do???

At the time, what astounded me was not that these posters took a regular nutty and started name calling when some fairly new posters said it was a little childish to claim ownership of million seller records, and local venues, for events far apart with few overlapping attendees.
    Or ranting at us when we said, if you look at the bigger picture, it seems a little self focused and even childish to end or talk of trashing long term friendships over who owns something in the public domain, like a venue or song (no one bride.)

What was funny was that so many of the long term posters, some of whom still post, thought new people had a helluva nerve saying something might be childish behavior, or ego-centric/ too self focused for the adult world.
    No matter which board, there will always be some young newbies who need a little perspective on what is or is not reasonable, and yes, what is downright childish.
    Who better that someone who has been around a while to be a good influence, Auntie?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

I agree the national one is a bit much, I'll stay off there, but if we (you, I'm not posting much) keep on posting on the Wedding Channel, it'll get more useful (Boston board only) because it'll be more busy.

And I remember being flamed for saying that using chair covers was unnecessary when I joined in June 2006, and was told my MANY that it was an absolute MUST for any self-respecting wedding. I disagreed, still do, but honestly, I did rent (RENT!) chivari chairs and thought they made a difference in the "feel" of the room. (of course, if it had been a choice between chivari chairs and booze, I'd have gone with booze but since we could spend the money, we did)

So I kind of think that the BDC board brides are more reasonable, less me, me, me and mine, mine, mine than in 2006... also, I think we are all a wee bit older (in general, I know Fra is a wee child in her 20s) than the national boards probably are... or I feel that way, from reading their posts!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

i remember when i first joined there was a decent amount of fighting going on and i was really careful of my words because i really dont enjoy being lashed out at even if it is over the internet.

like the one with the (i think it was) $50k ring from Tiffany's who was upset with their poor investment...

the past months it's been very calm i'm almost looking forward to a juicy cat fight to keep me amused.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

[Quote]
    Who better that someone who has been around a while to be a good influence, Auntie?
    [/Quote]

I get the feeling they don't want good influence, they want agreement. :)

One of my favorites right now - "My FMIL is inviting way too many people to the rehearsal dinner and I'm upset because I hate crowds - I'm claustrophobic!!!" How does everyone not answer with - "they why did you invite all these people to your wedding??????!!!!" (I couldn't respond because it was like shooting fish in a barrel - way too easy)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

I've already almost gotten banned over there. Got a post deleted and a warning in an e-mail.

I have a talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

[Quote]I've already almost gotten banned over there. Got a post deleted and a warning in an e-mail.

I have a talent.[/Quote]

what did you say?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[Quote]
    So I kind of think that the BDC board brides are more reasonable, less me, me, me and mine, mine, mine than in 2006... also, I think we are all a wee bit older (in general, I know Fra is a wee child in her 20s) than the national boards probably are... or I feel that way, from reading their posts![/Quote]

Ha! Thanks for the shout out CT. It is true, I'm just a wee 27 year old. I think we have a good mix on here of 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s, which allows us to get different perspectives. Although, there are times when there is a little too much immature-me-me-me and other times when there is too much oh-so-mature-you-young-ladies-are-so-silly :o)

For the record, I agree that chair covers are a complete waste of money. But hey if you have the extra dough, spend it how you want!

As it is, I'm trying to wean myself off these boards, so I don't think I'll be joining a new one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

[Quote]I've already almost gotten banned over there. Got a post deleted and a warning in an e-mail.

I have a talent.[/Quote]

That's AWESOME. really. I bow to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Aunt Beth, please don't go away! You're one of the few people on the boards who always makes sense!

I would like to think that the joy of getting married is enough to keep people happy. The happiest day of your life should not be also the most stressful. Unfortunately, I fear that, should I think such thoughts, I would be wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

the WC boards are great! There are so many topics and the boards work

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

[Quote]

That's AWESOME. really. I bow to you.
    [/Quote]

I called someone a "filthy Canadian" for spelling honor with a U.

That violates their TOS.

I lawled.