Uh oh!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Uh oh!

They're talking about us on The Knut!

Do you still post on Boston.Com? I have stopped. I hate the new format, it loads so slow that I dont have the patiences. Plus everything turns into a huge issue. I hate watching an innocent person, ask a innocent question and be attacked by women who got married 30 years ago. Its just not helpful! Sorry to go off on a tangent but I had to get that out :-)

I don't post their anymore either. I totally agree, they get mean fast! I saw a new bride post on something I had 8 months ago and they jumped down the girls throat. Being a knottie is alot nicer :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Uh oh!

so these are people who were posting here but dont now. hmm. process of elimination anyone? anyone got any ideas as to who it could be?

i hate these new boards but i like the content of these boards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moneypenny424. Show Moneypenny424's posts

Uh oh!

Some people can be mean here, but I come here for honesty.  Could do without some of the personal attacks I've seen though.  If I'm doing something that is "wrong," let me know.  If I've chosen something that is hideous, tell me.  I don't want to post to something where people are only going to have happy, upbeat responses saying what I want to hear!

Besides, I couldn't stomach posting a bio with pics of my dream wedding elements and the four shades of pink in the wedding!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Uh oh!

amen moneypenny! I don't find any of us necessarily mean as much as brutally honest which is what you need sometimes. :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Uh oh!

LOL.  The real question, Brighton, is why a sensible woman like you is looking at a nutty site like the Knot!  That site is full of the silliest women I have encountered.  They report on every little thing to each other - I swear they report whether they went #2 each day! - and it's usually in a pink or lavendar font and has photos and other junk in their signature line. I always wonder if those women are old enough to drive, never mind get married.   

If they aren't posting here anymore, I can't see any great loss.  The fact that someone does not agree 100% with you or fall over themselves to commiserate w/ you does not mean that someone is being mean to you.   That's what your best friends are for. I think, for the most part, if you want real advice or an objective perspective about something, this is the place to get it.  Yes, a while back and for a brief period of time, the nails were out and some posters were unnecessarily harsh,  but that phase seems to have passed.  I also think if people get THAT upset over something someone posts on the web, they need to get a grip.  If they are just discovering at this point in life, that life is not all sunshine and roses and that there are actually people out there who think and act differently that they do, then they have led pretty sheltered lives. 

Btw, congrats on your engagement! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Uh oh!

LOL.  The real question, Brighton, is why a sensible woman like you is looking at a nutty site like the Knot!  That site is full of the silliest women I have encountered.  They report on every little thing to each other - I swear they report whether they went #2 each day! - and it's usually in a pink or lavendar font and has photos and other junk in their signature line. I always wonder if those women are old enough to drive, never mind get married.   

If they aren't posting here anymore, I can't see any great loss.  The fact that someone does not agree 100% with you or fall over themselves to commiserate w/ you does not mean that someone is being mean to you.   That's what your best friends are for. I think, for the most part, if you want real advice or an objective perspective about something, this is the place to get it.  Yes, a while back and for a brief period of time, the nails were out and some posters were unnecessarily harsh,  but that phase seems to have passed.  I also think if people get THAT upset over something someone posts on the web, they need to get a grip.  If they are just discovering at this point in life, that life is not all sunshine and roses and that there are actually people out there who think and act differently that they do, then they have led pretty sheltered lives. 

Btw, congrats on your engagement! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Uh oh!

why is everything posting 2x! I only hit reply 1x and I know that for a fact b/c I was eating my pop  tart while I waited for it to post! :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Uh oh!

I sometime read the Knot boards because some of them make me laugh!  Though, they are all not goodie two-shoes over there either.  There has been a few times I've seen the claws come out and jump all some poor girl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Uh oh!

Thank you ALF! 

I had a moment of weakness....  I've started posting a bit on the CT knot board a bit, since I might be getting married there, and they're not nearly as bad as the girls on the Boston board. 

I appreciate the real opinions on here! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CD119. Show CD119's posts

Uh oh!

I just find the Knot format so completely useless -- the search function doesn't work at ALL and you have half your screen filled up with obnoxious ads for bridal panties and fashion shows. And the tendancy of posters to start a new thread for every little thing makes it really hard to skim quickly. What really creeps me out about all these boards is how easy people make it to identify themselves. Maybe I'm crazy paranoid, but I don't want tons of pictures of me in lingerie floating around where my co-workers can easily find them...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Uh oh!

i come here because i have alot of "life experience" and have been in more weddings besides my own (even my own wedding had "twists & turns) that I care shake a stick at.

maybe my "life experience" can help someone else out.

hmm, 30 years ago...i had just graduated from high school! 

*is getting a "cat-icure" and will be happy to have them sharpen the claws* (i'm sure my BDC sisters are doing the same thing!) 

we KNOW we'll find out who is trash talking us behind our backs on the knot, and we will take appropriate action!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Moneypenny424. Show Moneypenny424's posts

Uh oh!

[Quote]I just find the Knot format so completely useless -- the search function doesn't work at ALL and you have half your screen filled up with obnoxious ads for bridal panties and fashion shows. And the tendancy of posters to start a new thread for every little thing makes it really hard to skim quickly. What really creeps me out about all these boards is how easy people make it to identify themselves. Maybe I'm crazy paranoid, but I don't want tons of pictures of me in lingerie floating around where my co-workers can easily find them...[/Quote]

CD, I completely agree.  Folks, the internet is public.  Reminds me of a girl in my office who has pics of herself in a thong on Facebook--are you on drugs?  I wouldn't want my colleagues thinking I was some completely silly woman who has pictures of herself flashing her ring, showing her bridal panties and putting a mini veil on her cat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Uh oh!

I feel bad for the poor FI of these "knotties" that post their picture all over the place!  Fine if you want to post pictures of your dress or venue, but when posting pics of your FI - that is not right!  If I did that, DH would not be happy about it!  Bad enough that he thinks I'm crazy for being on this board.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Uh oh!

[Quote]*is getting a "cat-icure" and will be happy to have them sharpen the claws* (i'm sure my BDC sisters are doing the same thing!) 

we KNOW we'll find out who is trash talking us behind our backs on the knot, and we will take appropriate action![/Quote]

Action?  That's kind of silly, seeing how we're doing the same exact thing.

As for finding out who it is, I knew exactly who it was as soon as I read it.  Whatever.  We all find sites that work for us.  There's no need for any "action."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

Uh oh!

where is it?  I want to seeee it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

Uh oh!

Never mind, I found it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Uh oh!

[Quote]Action?  That's kind of silly, seeing how we're doing the same exact thing.

As for finding out who it is, I knew exactly who it was as soon as I read it.  Whatever.  We all find sites that work for us.  There's no need for any "action."[/Quote]

who is it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Uh oh!

Well said Cassidy, well said :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Uh oh!

OK, now that was funny, even though I think action is unnecessary.  It took me a minute to figure out who Brighton was talking to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Uh oh!

[Quote]Never mind, I found it.[/Quote]
    I didn't can someone post the link?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Uh oh!

[Quote]I didn't can someone post the link?[/Quote

I couldn't find it either.  I checked under 'Snarky brides' and the Boston Page and still no luck. Although I do like the idea of category called snarky brides. If I get reallllly bored, maybe I'll check it out.  :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ralphluv. Show ralphluv's posts

Uh oh!

From the KNUT
    http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=89

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Uh oh!

See if this works.  If not, it's in the "100 Days!!!!" thread on the Boston board.  As if we care....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Uh oh!

Paging Cassidy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fizzz. Show Fizzz's posts

Uh oh!

Just read all the back and forth posts - too funny.

So ladies, what is everyone having for lunch?

(Are you kidding me?!)