Vacation memories from childhood

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

since everyone seems to be in a rather yucky mood today, i thought i would tell a funny story - a friend of mine was just bemoaning the fact that the children of her bosses get to go to on fabulous vacations to prague, italy, vietnam, etc. while we as a child she got to go to the cape during the summer -- i told her my one childhood vacation story -- here it is - does anyone else have a funny/happy memory of summer vacation as a child

hey, i got a week trip to canada in the 4th grade - ten of us and a german shepard dog in two seats of a station wagon cause the box on the top of the car with the luggage fell off about 5 miles up 95 -- three little brothers young at the time - pissing into a maxwell house coffee can in the car cause we didn't want to stop every three minutes on the 8 hour ride which turned into a 16 hour drive cause we ran into an accident where a tractor trailor fell over on two twin girls and killed them -- we get to canada - my grandfathers home (no running water - outhouse in the back) and someone had left his fridge open and he hadn't been there in a month or so - filled with maggots -- my sister sometime during the week has had a fight with the cousins up the hill -- my grandfather who hated his son percy's wife vera and their kids takes a shotgun out to go get revenge for my sister -- that was about the extent on my vacation as a child -- i don't think i could have withstood another -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

This thread should be renamed Vacation Memories From Hell...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

We had "palmetto" bugs - basically giant flying cockroaches - they were everywhere. When I moved to NE and saw one of the cockroaches here I cracked up - they looked like babies compared to these things!Go to fullsize imageOur vacations were to my aunts house on the beach 15 miles away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

those things are so gross -- i can take most bugs -- i don't get too creeped out by bugs -- but those and centipedes kill me - in costa rica one crawled out of the sink drain -- it was a nice hotel too - and i almost died -- i woke up the so with my scream -- the huge thing crawled back into the sink drain and we put a glass over the hole so he couldn't get out again --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

guess i don't know the difference between a milipede and a centipede - what i'm talking about has a gazzilion legs and is kind of beige -- they usually come in my cellar during wet periods -- i don't remember seeing any in costa rica but there were lots of unknown bugs there - big big bugs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

And the love bugs! They fly around real slow while they are stuck together mating and then

they die after they mate and stick all over everything.

Go to fullsize image

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

yep its centipedes