Valentines Day - a big farce??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Does anyone believe that you should do something for your S/O on Valentine's Day? Or has this "holiday" been overrated??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

If you need a holiday created by Halmark to impress your SO you are in big trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

That brings up a good point...how do you romance your S/O???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickles2410. Show pickles2410's posts

You sound like a smart man Chippy. Foot massages are the way to go these days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Don't you think that some people actually need a reminder to be nice and thoughtful and these holidays do just that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

If someone wrote me poem, I would be sliding off my chair.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Awwwwe...and they say there's no love left in the world. I am deeply touching, ummm, touched. Thank you!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Hey Leez!! How have you been? I'm kinda in the same situation, been about 2 months. Suggestions anyone?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Buy yourself some outrageous outfit for him, something that he would enjoy but couldnt realistically give you as a REAL gift for YOU. i.e. some kind of french maid thong/6 in platform mule heels type outfit, that he would love, but would get him hit with a fry pan if he gave it to you for your birthday/valentines day etc, worked for me once

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Will you be doing the cooking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Blue Jeans....great idea !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Big Jewelry, Brown Jug, Baseball Jacket....what???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickles2410. Show pickles2410's posts

Be careful with the Bo Jackson if it's the first one you're giving him. If you're no good at it then wait to do it another time. hate to ruin a holiday on a bad Bo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Told you Poly was a guy, but he doesn't sound like a perv.

Just don't get her bath products, that's what I got for Christmas and even though I smiled and said thank you I was pissed. I'd be perfectly happy with chocolates though. You can get personalized M & M's now that have you SO name on them and everybody likes M&M's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from liljess. Show liljess's posts

Complaint box is empty on that one....no worries !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickles2410. Show pickles2410's posts

Lap dances should be left to the professionals. Nothing like your girlfriend dancing around you naked and she has absolutely no moves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellaboo2. Show bellaboo2's posts

Valentine's Day is exasperatingly overrated. Overrated for couples and for singles. Blame it on our "fast food" society that sets out Christmas decorations in October.

In the past (i.e. my much younger years), I bought into it and spent time and money finding the Perfect and usually Too Expensive gift for SO. Sometimes it was reciprocated and sometimes not. Learning experiences, all of them.

Nowadays, If I'm gong to 'celebrate' with someone, then I like to keep it simple. No restaurants (and fight the crowds for my Gentleman Caller's attention?); no Bling (Tacky on such a universally shared date); no huge expectations other than a card, and he can keep it silly or clever as long as he signs it.

I like the other posters ideas of spending a quiet, relaxed evening in.

'Celebrating' Valentine's Day as a single person just means another day - being on my own on that date hasn't bothered me for many years. Society does make singles feel bad by being alone on the official day of love but I just say "Haven't You Got ANything Better To Do?". Let them fork over the cash and the exasperation of trying to Keep Up With The Joneses and everyone else's expectations. I think I would still be having a better time on February 14th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickles2410. Show pickles2410's posts

There are bad ones. When they feel like someone has sandpaper in their mouth and they are slowly shredding away your little guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Those wee absoluteley the most SAGE words i have ever heard here.............some better than others, but none BAD

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickles2410. Show pickles2410's posts

Youdontknowmeyet,

Please tell all your friends about this dance that you did. Hopefully it will make all you gals stop the insanity. Unless you are drunk or hopped up on smack-like the pros-then do not try this yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Why does your bf have a brass pole onhis desk, doesnt this make you wonder?...........had that been done for me ceiling panel or not that would have ranked way up there, definateley worthy of a Benjamin($100) in the box so to speak!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pickles2410. Show pickles2410's posts

We all want our girls to do it but we either end up laughing at them or never looking at them the same way. Like watching Elaine from Seinfeld dance. You can never get that out of your head.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

SAGE..........wise and all knowing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler22. Show tyler22's posts

did you just say you sharted?

Sections
Shortcuts