Vendor Review- May 26 wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Congrats to you, ALF! I'm glad you were able to have a great day, despite the mix-ups.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

ALF - congrats on the marraige and all the important stuff happened - bride groom and officiant showed up and the ceremony was completed! Im sure people had fun despite the mixups.

Yeah, Congrats again!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

yay, alfie! welcome home! It's a shame that coordinator was such a screw-up...if I were your sister, I would definitely hire a day-of coordinator and tell the b#tch to stay home! One thing, fine, but all those lack of cues and announcements....I mean what was she there for.

I'm just sympathetic because I'm sure you're still wicked annoyed (it's been 9 months and I'd still punch my DJ if I saw him)....but I'm sure you had a great time anyway, and the guests were oblivious to most of the issues.

How was your honeymoon? We missed you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

......and I'd have the Lyceum knock $500 off your sister's bill to cover the cost of the day-of. Based on your experience.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Is your husband stationed nearby....do you get to spend some time together or does he have to go somewhere else soon?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

my nephew is, too! I'm so glad he's not cruising around the gulf anymore!

Glad you get to be together! Now he can fold the laundry!!! So happy for you. Isn't it fun to say "husband"....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

....until it's followed by "....bring me a beer".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate1205. Show kate1205's posts

Congrats ALF! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful day, despite a few glitches! I am also happy to hear that it is possible for a type-A personality to totally relax on the big day :-) Also congrats on selling the condo - what a relief that must be!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Congratulations on your wonderful wedding.

I am fascinated by the fact that you and your sister are getting married months apart at the same location. How did that work out - any huge discount for two weddings? Did you try very hard to make the weddings radically different? Who decided on the venue first?

It's just so cool that there doesn't appear to be any animosity cuz someone stole the other person's venue. (Unless I missed a posting somewhere) - how very gracious and grown up - I say this because I remember how outraged one bride was that another bride was going to use her introduction song and they didn't even know dozens of the same people.

In any event bet to you both and I think the honeymoon location sounds excellent!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kstarsk. Show kstarsk's posts

HOORAY!!! Congratulations! I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time! It sounds like i may need to enlist the help of someone to keep an eye on elisabeth, although we aren't doing a cake cutting or anything like that to screw up, thankfully! ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

welcome back! i'm glad you enjoyed your day despite the mixups...will make mental note if I need to use the function coordinator @ the Lyceum for any reason...

(loves reading the reviews)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

We ate amazing food, went >>>snorking<<<< [they have a protected reef literally feet offshore]

Omgoodness, did you see real, live, actual Snorks?????? {Sorry, couldn't help myself... I loved the Snorks :)}

Sounds like a wonderful day and honeymoon, despite the nimrod coordinator- congratulations!! (And extra congrats on selling your condo so promptly!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

That's interestng about the cake (not the unfortunate mix up, the timing of it). Do you think cake is somehow a signal that it's time to head home? That's probably very valuable advice you gave.

Sounds like your wedding was a blast, congrats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

I wonder if it was older guests leaving or younger ones. Thsi is probably ageist of me, but I would assume the older guests bailed early and that's surprising because you'd think they'd be able to appreciate a swing band the most. I mean, you could understand if an 18 year old kid was not interested in hearing music from the 40's and 50's, but the old timers should have eaten that up. The music, that is, not the cake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from karsul. Show karsul's posts

congratulations on your wedding!!

i'm glad to hear you don't regret not getting a videographer because wethink we're going to skip that as well. as nice as it would be towatch any moments we may have missed, we are both the type who wouldwatch it once and then never pick it up again. so we're going to putthat money toward something else

sorry to sidetrack but your sister's fuschia and tangerine invitations sound cool! do you know where she got them? we are looking for something modern with bold colors

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Ugh - the pictures aren't showing (at least for me, not sure if for others). I'd love to see!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Oh, CT, you look terrific! It's so nice to see you "in person". :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So cool to see your pictures!!!

I love the greens and purples. And you are just glowing :o)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I love your pics, you look so happy and beautiful! And your dress is sparkle-y and pretty. I really like sparkle-y things :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clm77. Show clm77's posts

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I like the booty picture ;) And I thought you weren't allowing shoe pictures? :)

Now that we've brought you to the 21st century technologically, we just need to help ALF....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I can't see them either, so I guess that solves the mystery!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Your pictures are so nice. I love the one where you both are kneeling and holding hands, that one just really struck me. Congrats again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks for sharing ALF! Who knew you were a redhead! I was picturing a blonde all this time :o)

So glad the photographer got pictures of the cake cutting! Plus I Iove that he took so many of the guests... I hate when you look through the photos and there are like 5 pictures at the end of people dancing and that's it.

Congrats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from earlystages. Show earlystages's posts

ALF the password is no longer here and I'm dying to see the Lyceum done up for a wedding. Would you be willing to share some pictures?

[Quote]
    Okay, CT and everyone else, I finally have my proofs back [well, it only took a month, like he said, but patience was never my strong point]. Since they are under copyright for about 6 months, I can't copy and paste, so I'll have to hope there are no real wack jobs on this board [present company excluded of course] and just post the link.
    Here it is: go to www.mattflynnphotography.com and click on client access. The password is
    Most of the photos came out great. Now you can finally see my dress and how gorgeous my DH is, esp in uniform!! :-)
    [/Quote]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]ALF the password is no longer here and I'm dying to see the Lyceum done up for a wedding. Would you be willing to share some pictures?

Wow! Early stages, you managed to figure out the search function! I thought it was broken in this new format. What an old post! I'm happy to share some photos, but you'll have to post you email address b/c I can't post to this site for some reason. I can send them via regular email though.