Vendor Update/Rave -- Mollie Filmore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustBecauseinMA. Show JustBecauseinMA's posts

I read wonderful reviews about Mollie on several different boards, and ended up choosing her for my wedding. But what I have gone through to actually get my pictures (we are heading past 5 months now) and to get a straight answer from her is nothing short of one of the most unprofessional experiences of my life. She offered no communication and endless amounts of excuses on why I could see my photos or have my photos once she did bother to respond to me. After 3 months of chasing her down, I got a link to a site with all unedited photos. After not having any communication from her again for another month she finally responded 3 weeks ago saying I would have my proofs, here I sit still waiting. Receiving excuse after excuse of why I don't have them in my possession. I have been asked by several of my friends if I would recommend her and I told them no. Despite all that they have read, she is a complete nightmare. Here is hoping that someday my wedding photos will actually be in my possession...thanks for nothing Mollie....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21177GR. Show 21177GR's posts

What was the package she offered you? I met with her and really liked her and her work was beautiful so we've decided to have her shoot our wedding. I think she adjusted her packages for 2009? I'm getting a high res. disc of all my pics (at least 1000 pics too!) -and within a week of my wedding (they won't be touched up or anything though- just as is). Then she said once I get that, I can pick out my favorite 400 pics and she'll touch those ones up, crop them and what have you, and I'll get the 400 as 4x6 prints and on another high rez. disc to print anytime I want. Plus an online gallery of all the photos and an album. I think she did mention when we met that she was adjusting her packages though for all 2009 clients, so maybe she realized she bit off more than she could chew before with the package she gave beforehand??
    I'm going to email her and ask her to find out! Sorry you had to wait so long though.I could understand your frustration. Did you end up getting them? How were they? How many did you end up with? Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustBecauseinMA. Show JustBecauseinMA's posts

I did end up receiving my proofs after over 4 months of waiting. I do like my photos but am extremely frustrated with what happened to me in terms of her turnaround time.

For my experience it took 2.5 months just to get my unedited photos online, which to me is ludicrous. According to the contract I received the online gallery is ready to view within
    approx. 2-3 weeks of your wedding, and the proofs are ready for pick up within 3-4 weeks from your wedding date. I understand and appreciate that these are approximations, but quite obviously the approximations were a bit off in my case.

I understand that she has adjusted her contract for 2009, and what I find interesting about that is she has actually made her timeline shorter, when it is obvious in my case she couldn’t handle the 2-3 week turnaround she adjusted to a week, seems a bit strange to me, but from what you describe she has changed her packages and this new timeline may be realistic.

I did like my photos from Mollie, but as a bride who waited 4 months for her photos, I am extremely frustrated. I hope that her adjustments to her contracts help rectify this for future brides, but for me, it doesn’t change a thing.

Best of luck to you in planning your wedding and wishing you have a long happy life together...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

congrats... that is great.. I just went to the bridal expo yesterday, and everything looks so good... I'd love to see your work... the photographer is my most important vendor... aside of food and place... whick we already have... we are getting married at the crane estate in ipswich.. which speaks for itself.. and I'm looking for a great photographer.. here is my personal email address!!! stacimoskovit71@hotmail.com

thanks in advance, and congrats!!!

staci

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beakerl. Show beakerl's posts

unfortunately, I have had the same experience as JustBecauseinMA...repeated excuses from Mollie spanning many months on why our photos still are not ready. I am seriously starting to doubt we are actually going to receive final edited pictures. We did get the link to the unedited photos online about 2 and a half months after the wedding-- and were not all that pleased with those. since then, all we have gotten are excuses--no final pictures.
    I absolutely would not recommend Mollie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RBower. Show RBower's posts

Re: Vendor Update/Rave -- Mollie Filmore

So I read this post, two months before my wedding, and it made me a little nervous, since we had booked Mollie over a year ago, but I shrugged it off and didn't imagine that the same would happen to me.  But here I am, two months after my own wedding, and we have yet to see a single picture from Mollie.  I asked her when we returned from our honeymoon how long she thought it would be, and she said within three weeks.  Then at the end of those three weeks, I emailed her again, asking how long she thought it would be, and she said within two more weeks.  Well here we are now after two more weeks, and still nothing.  I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, because every interaction we've had with her up until now has been very professional, but I'll update once we get our pictures.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

In Response to Re: Vendor Update/Rave -- Mollie Filmore:
    So I read this post, two months before my wedding, and it made me a little nervous, since we had booked Mollie over a year ago, but I shrugged it off and didn't imagine that the same would happen to me.  But here I am, two months after my own wedding, and we have yet to see a single picture from Mollie.  I asked her when we returned from our honeymoon how long she thought it would be, and she said within three weeks.  Then at the end of those three weeks, I emailed her again, asking how long she thought it would be, and she said within two more weeks.  Well here we are now after two more weeks, and still nothing.  I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, because every interaction we've had with her up until now has been very professional, but I'll update once we get our pictures.
    Posted by RBower

RB, not to be negative in any way...but I would be pissed off right now. I have seen proofs up and ready after 3 days of someones wedding from plenty of other photographers. I am sorry you are going through this right now. Do not let her do this to you. You need to be on her like white on rice and don't let it go until you get those photos. You paid MONEY for these. Ugh, I am just angry for you!

Please, update us as soon as you hear anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RBower. Show RBower's posts

Ok, update time!

We got our pictures back from Mollie a couple weeks ago (a little over 3 months after the wedding).  They're really wonderful!  Our contract with her had promised us 300 edited pictures, and we got over 700, so I can see why it took so long.  I spoke with her about the length of time it took, and apparently she's been so busy that she can no longer keep up with the timelines that she had originally set, and thus has changed her contracts for new clients to reflect the longer period.  If I had known going in that it would be three months before we got the pictures back, I would have been 100% happy with Mollie.  She was super inexpensive compared to a lot of the other photographers we were looking at, very well organized and the results were fantastic. The only thing that had me stressed was the uncertainty of not knowing WHEN to expect the pictures.

Sections
Shortcuts