Wedding Pet Peeves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Ah, finally an amusing posting session.

1. dj's that have a sign with their name posted and then continue to promote who they are throughout the wedding.

2. i was at a wedding where (first off it was long distance - we had to fly, rent a car & hotel for the weekend) the bridesmaids and groomsmen ran around the room collecting money ... i was like "um, i just forked out money for a gift and over $1k to get here -- now you're going to shake me up for more money? ... dont think so.

3. being told we'd be given directions from the ceremony to the reception and then not getting them & getting lost.

4. and this one could stir up trouble ... undanceable music that the bridal party jumps & sings along to.. ex. Dont Stop Believing... you cannot dance to that song!

5. Seeing the bride holding a bottle of beer- that just is not photogenic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]

Wow. And I thought ex-smokers were self-righteous.[/Quote]

you're right, giordana...

one thing bigone dosen't understand is there may be a legitimate *medical reason* for the weight gain...

(is a thyroid disease survior...knows about weight gain)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from foolforfood. Show foolforfood's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

If you can't dance to "Don't Stop Believin'", there is something wrong with you, not the tune.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

"5. Seeing the bride holding a bottle of beer- that just is not photogenic."

Reminds me of a cousin of DH. The bride wore a strapless dress that kept slipping down all night, thus exposing her bra at the back. Worse than this.... she was drinking some pre-mixed vodka ( or maybe bacardi?) drink that was red. She was so drunk she spilt the entire contents of a bottle down her dress just before her bridal waltz.
    A drunk bride is never a good look.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]If you can't dance to "Don't Stop Believin'", there is something wrong with you, not the tune.[/Quote]

well when the song came on they weren't dancing.. they were swaying back and forth and singing along... not exactly a "get up & boogie song" .. a good song yes - but it doesnt make me want to dance. in my humble opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from erinkat. Show erinkat's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

5. Seeing the bride holding a bottle of beer- that just is not photogenic.[/Quote]

I agree. Something sbout it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

I have had "Don't Stop Believin'" stuck in my head for what feels like the past three hours.

Thanks, guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

same here, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigone77. Show bigone77's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]

Wow. And I thought ex-smokers were self-righteous.[/Quote]

I am one of those too, and just like I consciously chose to start smoking and eat and get fat, I consciously chose to quit smoking and stop eating like a swine and get thin.
    Anyone can do it if you try a little and not make excuses. And then you wont ruin your friends' wedding photos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]

I am one of those too, and just like I consciously chose to start smoking and eat and get fat, I consciously chose to quit smoking and stop eating like a swine and get thin.
    Anyone can do it if you try a little and not make excuses. And then you wont ruin your friends' wedding photos.[/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

fat dudes also need to either lose the weight and stay home. nothing worse than a fat dude with a digustingly huge beer belly hanging over his pants. even worse when they're barely squeezing into a suit or tux that is too small. talk about ruining your friends wedding photos.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigone77. Show bigone77's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]fat dudes also need to either lose the weight and stay home. nothing worse than a fat dude with a digustingly huge beer belly hanging over his pants. even worse when they're barely squeezing into a suit or tux that is too small. talk about ruining your friends wedding photos.[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigone77. Show bigone77's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Agreed! Its a 2 way street!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Man, what the hell do you idiots care if someone else is fat? Get over yourselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]Man, what the hell do you idiots care if someone else is fat? Get over yourselves.[/Quote]

Thank you! Maybe it is a personal choice (and I'm not saying that it is). If so, that would be a personal choice - i.e., none of your business. Look at someone else if your poor eyes are so offended.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigone77. Show bigone77's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Its funny how the website asks for someone's pet peeves, and when they are expressed, they are then criticized. If you dont like my pet peeve, too freaking bad. Go look at another message board.

It asked for a pet peeve, and I gave it. Jesus...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Here's how it works - someone asks for pet peeves, people provide them and then if the response is outrageously offensive (Or even moderately offensive) responders attack the poster. I don't really see anything wrong with that system. To let a statement stand as posted that is extremely objectionable would be akin to endorsing it. and I find that hard to do and I am thrilled so many others did too. I have a pet peeve about sl/utty looking brides and bridesmaids esp but not limited to a church wedding so I agree that people should dress appropriately in clothes that fit, but to cast out a long held friend because she s not the vision someone in attendance has for your wedding is ridiculous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]Here's how it works - someone asks for pet peeves, people provide them and then if the response is outrageously offensive (Or even moderately offensive) responders attack the poster. I don't really see anything wrong with that system. To let a statement stand as posted that is extremely objectionable would be akin to endorsing it. and I find that hard to do and I am thrilled so many others did too. I have a pet peeve about sl/utty looking brides and bridesmaids esp but not limited to a church wedding so I agree that people should dress appropriately in clothes that fit, but to cast out a long held friend because she s not the vision someone in attendance has for your wedding is ridiculous.[/Quote]

I think brides need to start picking dresses that will actually be flattering on the bms. If you have girls that are large take that into account when choosing their dresses. Most girls feel very uncomfortable in the dresses the bride picked out, but dont have much of a choice. Now when a guest shows up to a wedding that does not flatter their figure, that is just not right

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]Its funny how the website asks for someone's pet peeves, and when they are expressed, they are then criticized. If you dont like my pet peeve, too freaking bad. Go look at another message board.

It asked for a pet peeve, and I gave it. Jesus...[/Quote]

It's not so much the peeve itself as the way you expressed it. Plus, I mean, think about it - if I said that my pet peeve was being forced to sit through a reliigous ceremony or being invited to a gay wedding, or a wedding where there's an Asian in the bridal party - I would be criticized. A lot.

Of course, I would deserve it...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]. . . to cast out a long held friend because she s not the vision someone in attendance has for your wedding is ridiculous.[/Quote]

You mean I can stop calling every single guest and ask them what they expect my bridal party to look like? *phew*

One less thing on my To-Do list!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]
    1. Donation "favors" (sorry, I have to mention this!!!)
    [/Quote]

I would rather a bride and groom donate to a charity then give me one more tiny candle with a ridiculous poem "you light up our lives'' blah blah blah. I appreciate the thought, but save your money or donate it to charity.

I am doing a charity donation rather than waste money on favors which will be most likely left behind. hopefully everyone will understand the significance as breast cancer has touched both my family and my fiances family. We are also getting married in October, which is breast cancer awareness month. I will have a tiny candy bar set up for those who want to satisfy their sweet tooth on their way out.

My pet peeves:
    ugly bridesmaid dresses
    garter toss & bouquet toss
    DJs who talk to much
    mothers of the bride or groom who wear white. DRIVES ME CRAZY.
    when guests are taking pictures of the bridal party getting their pictures taken. Have the pictures taken before your cocktail hour and away from guests.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sepbride. Show Sepbride's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

I am reading all these comments and are laughing you all really should be ashamed! I am done with these boards, I would not want any of your input on my wedding from any of you, high maintaince pieces of trash!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Looks like sepbride has a bit of a sand problem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]I am reading all these comments and are laughing you all really should be ashamed! I am done with these boards, I would not want any of your input on my wedding from any of you, high maintaince pieces of trash![/Quote]

high maintenance pieces of trash......i do my own "high maintenance", and am not dependant on anyone else to maintain myself, or my lifestyle.

if I were a piece of trash i'd have been thrown out a long time ago.

i'm probably old enough to be Sepbride's mom. if you were my child, i'd have smacked you into Y3K.

Repressed is right. just a tad of a sand problem and we both know where the sand is located.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Sepbride is probably a knottie. not like we want (or need) her on these boards.