Wedding Pet Peeves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]I am reading all these comments and are laughing you all really should be ashamed! I am done with these boards, I would not want any of your input on my wedding from any of you, high maintaince pieces of trash![/Quote]

Hmmm . . I think we may have touched a nerve!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

When people give you way less $, than you gave them for their wedding.

Wow. I can't believe someone would actually say that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[Quote]When people give you way less $, than you gave them for their wedding.

Wow. I can't believe someone would actually say that.[/Quote]

ditto to that. just because someone you gave someone $200 for their wedding gift does not mean they have to give the same amount back. what do you think this is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

When people give you way less $, than you gave them for their wedding.

Hey, if you can't be honest on an anonymous chat board, when can you?

I'm not agreeing with what she said, but I love the fact that it's an honest reaction!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Hey, if you can't be honest on an anonymous chat board, when can you?

I'm not agreeing with what she said, but I love the fact that it's an honest reaction!

[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

Agree with Cosmo - hey - you asked, she answered. Plus, honestly, I know every single gift I got from every single person and yes,I would notice if the weddings were during similar times, that my gift was not comparable. No one would know how I felt but me ( and maybe all you guys....) but the feelings would be valid.

Two lessons here - 1. you can't control your feelings, but you can (and must) control your behavior. - 2. another reason to give a boxed gifts rather than cash! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperStitous. Show SuperStitous's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

My pet peeves...inviting guests and then acting like they're in the way or too costly. If you want to save money, don't have a big wedding. I once went to a 6pm wedding with elaborate gowns and tuxes...the "reception" consisted of pigs in a blanket, folding chairs, no booze, no music...if you want lots of gifts from lots of guests, you have to provide something in return!

I think handmade favors, invitations, and even food prepared by Aunt Millie or the couple's church/temple group, are FANTASTIC...saves them money, gets everyone involved, and makes the guests feel part of the family.

As for entertainment, we all have different tastes, so who is to say what is "fun". I think it all comes down to "it's the thought that counts".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

one of my favorite wedding receptions was a buffet in the church hall after the wedding. only two drawbacks...severe lack of booze and it was 2 days before christmas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Wedding Pet Peeves

[/Quote]

Well, if we get to be brutally honest, my pet peeve is a combination of having to go to the wedding in the first place and having to listen to the bride talk about nothing else for the two years before and six months after. Ugh. Really, no one but you cares which shade of teal you choose for your place settings.

Sections
Shortcuts