Where are all the Stable Women?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

The nice guy discussion has run out of steam. Sounds like a great time to talk about an under reported phenomena:

As I continue taking baby steps back into the dating world I'm noticing a pattern: Middle aged divorced women tend to be out of their freaking minds! One minute they're sky high, the next they're borderline suicidal. They make alot of noise about honesty and loyalty, but tend not to practice these things themselves.

I guess I'm going to need that sample size of 1000 to make a more accurate assessment, but jesuschristdellarenzia, it's not looking good for a poor boy trying to make it in this cold cruel world. Thank god for booze! I thought I wanted someone in my age group, but that younger crowd is looking like alot more fun right now.

Okay, discuss already. Are the stable ones all dating other stable ones? Women have it so easy in this town, they don't even have to pay for dinner. That's it, I'm moving to ... Montana.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

Yes you did. You're normal. Ditto for ALF and eg. Tell me that at least one of you were divorced at some point. Otherwise I think I'm changing my search criteria to exclude divorcees even though I'm soon to be one myself. The thing that's throwing me is that these ladies are able to hide it quite well, for a short period of time, before the facade comes crumbling down. There's gotta be some sort of "tell" that I'm just not reading.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?

Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]Yes you did. You're normal. Ditto for ALF and eg. Tell me that at least one of you were divorced at some point.
    Hey, I told you so too! I have never been divorced, but have dated some divorced men and they seem to have the same issues as your women friends, lots of crazies out there. And if you think the answer is dating younger women, well that's just silly, but if it makes you feel better.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"Stable women" is an oxymoron, and "Why can't a woman be more like a man" is the name of an old song from an old play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

[Quote] if you think the answer is dating younger women, well that's just silly, but if it makes you feel better.......[/Quote]

Silly is often used to describe yours truly. That's much better than some of the other adjectives I sometimes hear. Since the amount of baggage a person carries is directly proportional to their age I think I will bump age up the list a bit nonetheless.

But fear not, the perfect B cup continues to trump all other considerations, so when are you going to introduce to your B friends?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

All Plays are inherently Gay. Musical Plays especially, even if they star Rex Harrison. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Melvin Udall: Well, I'm sorry, but... we don't open for the "no sex oaths" until 9am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

BigWillie - maybe you should change your screen name to litteboobies!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jewelie42. Show jewelie42's posts

Dear Mr. Willie; (since I do not know yr real name)....I am single, in the 40s and not crazy..but I d0 hear from lots of men that the dates were nuts....not sure what is going on here; My suspicion is that there are alot of still married women that are nuts like when the husband says "she has me on a leash" or "we hav enot had sex in a year" and vice versa...I only sent this note out to tell u that no noe has told me I am nuts...jc

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jewelie42. Show jewelie42's posts

no, sorry, i am not but maybe u r!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveMeSomeBs. Show LoveMeSomeBs's posts

I aim to please tru! But note that B's are not little, let's clear that up right now. They are just right. Your turn. I think Looking4MrBigHands is the perfect new handle for you.

BWG, I annoint you assistant to the Sage. Keep up the good work and we'll promote you to Assistant Sage. I know that doesn't sound like a promotion, but in fact you would then be just a heartbeat away from the throne.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveMeSomeBs. Show LoveMeSomeBs's posts

[Quote]Dear Mr. Willie; (since I do not know yr real name)....I am single, in the 40s and not crazy.[/Quote]

Good to know Jewel. We're pretty informal here, you can call me 'Big'.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

If I changed my name to that, then all the crazies would come after me! No thanks, I've had my share. You weren't around b.com when I shared some of my crazy date stories, people thought I was making them because they were so bad. I do have an A cup ( divorced ) friend, but even I will attest that she gets a bit nuts when she gets around men.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]Yes you did. You're normal. Ditto for ALF and eg. Tell me that at least one of you were divorced at some point. Otherwise I think I'm changing my search criteria to exclude divorcees even though I'm soon to be one myself. The thing that's throwing me is that these ladies are able to hide it quite well, for a short period of time, before the facade comes crumbling down. There's gotta be some sort of "tell" that I'm just not reading.[/Quote]

Thanks, Big Willie! :-) Sorry, I was never divorced. I also refused to date divorced men, for the same reasons you mentioned you are having problems w/ divorced women - most of them are divorced for a reason and were just plain bonkers! :-) Present company excluded of course.
    :-). My DH and I are also Catholic, and we had a full wedding mass - couldn't do that if either of us had been divorced.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I was just thinking that maybe all the stable single women are busy working, traveling, raising families and living their lives, rather than hunting down men - maybe that's why he can't find someone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveMeSomeBs. Show LoveMeSomeBs's posts

Could be tru. And all the stable single men are dating other stable single men. Glad we have it all figured out now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jewelie42. Show jewelie42's posts

yes we are; we are professional, raising one or two kids, carting them to their activities and then going to conferences once in a while; throwing a meal on the table and making sure the kids clothes are clean and collapsing at the end of the d ay..........getting up and doing it again the next day!!!!!
    but there is fun once in a while
    this place in Providence is called the Hi-Hat; awesome
    classy, not too crowded, nice furniture and live bands here and there.
    over 40 crowd......................
    jewelie/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Bigwillie - I have to agree with TBS (She's awesome) Its the same on both sides of the fence, I've dated divorced guys that were abso manic to the point of obsessive over their exes. As far as I am concerned, I'm not married, probably won't ever be because of the carnage of divorces all around me,so I'm not dipping my well manicured toe in that mess... I sort of want to say frig it, I'll buy my own kitchenaid stand mixer, and other sh** from crate and barrell, and have a big ol' proncess party, which seems the reason most get married for anyway.

i'm assuming that you're finally divorced... I say cool your heels for a little bit before getting into the fray -- the scent of rebound is sort of offensive to those who aren't psycho. you'll see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveMeSomeBs. Show LoveMeSomeBs's posts

[Quote]Bigwillie - I have to agree with TBS (She's awesome)
    [/quote]

Sure she is (shh! don't tell her that though, she'll get a big head), I just like messing with her, because she takes everything literally.

[quote]
    Its the same on both sides of the fence, I've dated divorced guys that were abso manic to the point of obsessive over their exes.
    [/quote]

No doubt.

[quote]
    i'm assuming that you're finally divorced... I say cool your heels for a little bit before getting into the fray -- the scent of rebound is sort of offensive to those who aren't psycho. you'll see.[/Quote]

Ah, you assume wrong! Not yet. But I already have the rebound out of the way. I keep saying I'm going to cool my heels while I await the final decree, and then I don't. You can call me manic too, it's partly true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from polyamarous1. Show polyamarous1's posts

Embrace the madness my friend, women and sanity do not co exist, the upside is that they would not have anything to do with pigs like ourselves otherwise, it is very simbiotic in a ying and yang kind of way, roll with it, the alternative is a loneley bottle of cheap scotch on a cold linoleum floor

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoFreaknSpin. Show NoFreaknSpin's posts

I have a few friends who were divorced and are now married again. My rule of thumb is to look at the family and this will tell you alot about the person...both good and bad. Everyone can make a mistake in life. It's all about what you have in common. If you are focused on looks, income, status, etc.... then you're going down the same path.

What do you like to do and then find someone who like the same things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Well Leasey, I could really use a new toaster and some matching dishes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

[Quote]

Ah, you assume wrong! Not yet. But I already have the rebound out of the way. I keep saying I'm going to cool my heels while I await the final decree, and then I don't. You can call me manic too, it's partly true.[/Quote]

Nah -- I also have to go with TBS' comment that all the single girls are out living their lives. I've never met Mr. Right But I am having a blast with Mr wrong(s)

Hey, a girl's gotta eat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]kitchen wear is not what you need, something battery powered definateley, but it certainly has no place in the kitchen my little ray of sunshine![/Quote]Hi Betty - can I get it at Crate and Barrel?

Sections
Shortcuts