Which DJ at Curtis Knight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Helloooo Ladies,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a great DJ from Curtis Knight Entertainment? 

We are looking for someone very low key, but fun to work with.  (No games, no props, etc.  Just someone with a good personality who plays good music, including what we have requested.)  We've had a great experience working with the company so far, but we changed our wedding date and now the DJ we chose is not available.

We've already paid a deposit, so I'm not looking for suggestions for other DJs.  Thanks so much!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Hi Fra-  We used Mark Cherone from Curtis Knight and I thought he was great.  He was pretty low key like we asked, we did request  the chicken dance (scandal! :)) but my niece had been asking my sister if we were having it because they had been practicing it at her gymborre group.  I couldn't refuse her and it was the biggest hit ever, I think the dance floor was most packed for that.  He did that one and the YMCA at our request but limited all the group dances.

I think he kept the feeling of the group and adjusted well to the crowd.  He asked if we wanted to move up our last dance because people were leaving, we said yes but with the next song the floor was packed again so  we went with it pushed the last dance back to where it was 'planned'.  It sounds confusing but in the moment it was perfect and he was able to go with the ebb and flow of the party.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Wendy!  (I saw your reply on the old boards too :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm going to bump this post one more time, since people are more used to the boards now...

Curtis Knight was recommended on these boards so someone beside Wendy must have worked with them!!  Otherwise, I guess we go with Mark :o)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[Quote]I'm going to bump this post one more time, since people are more used to the boards now...
    [/Quote]

I lied - I'm going to bump this ONE LAST TIME.  Persistence is a good quality, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wings97. Show Wings97's posts

I'm curious, too, since we met with Jeanie last night and while she seemed so nice, I'm wondering how she works on the night-of...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

fram, when we were looking to hire a DJ (we changed our plans to have a friend do it), I talked with the manager quite extensively, and we wanted exactly the type of DJ you described. She strongly suggested Jeanie. Of course, I can't say she was the best choice because we didn't go with any company, after all, but from what I understand Jeanie fits your bill there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBride2008. Show BostonBride2008's posts

We used Jeannie for our September wedding, and she was fantastic! The dance floor was packed all night, and 5 months later we are still getting comments about how great she was...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pip28. Show pip28's posts

Re: Which DJ at Curtis Knight? - Jeanie

So... How did it go?
    P.P.

In Response to Which DJ at Curtis Knight?:
    [QUOTE]I'm curious, too, since we met with Jeanie last night and while she seemed so nice, I'm wondering how she works on the night-of...
    Posted by Wings97[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Which DJ at Curtis Knight?

We used Mark in May and he was fabulous.  No complaints whatsoever.  He played almost all of my requests.  (I had told him I was flexible because you can only play so many slow songs.)  He was really great with my 11 year old nephew who kept requesting songs and came up with a compromise - I already had a song in mind for me and my nephew to slow dance to, but he played something by the Jonas brothers to please the little guy and it was a great idea.  Also, I had mentioned some of the bands that DH likes and he managed to play some great songs that you wouldn't usually hear at a wedding, like something by The Clash.