"When I Grow too Old to Dream"...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

"When I Grow too Old to Dream"...

The number one song from June 13, 1934 is a song called When I Grow too Old to Dream by Glenn Gray. This song was subsequently recorded by Nat King Cole and most recently in 1976 by Linda Rondstadt. My favorite version of this song is the one by Rondstadt and my favorite performance is..believe it or not..the one where she sings it on the The Muppet Show.

The song ..about love and memories is one of those songs that just makes the heart sigh. I was a child when I first heard this song..but as I grew into teenage and young adulthood..whenever I would hear this song I grew to think it somewhat silly. After all..I used to think that one is never too old to dream. Even now, I wonder  how I could get through life without a dream in my heart.

Recent events have shown me that yes, there does come a point where one grows too old to dream…a point where the very task of living and surviving does not allow any room for dreams..and a time where there is a realization that one is at the end of their time on earth. Rather than dream..this time is reserved for reflection…for regret..and for memory.

As I am a firm believer that regret is a wasted emotion..I think it’s important to live life and dream dreams..and never stop believing in at least the possibility of some of those dreams coming true. ..and when I finally grow too old to dream…I hope I have lots of happy memories to carry me through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Re: "When I Grow too Old to Dream"...

Well I hope you can look back on your life with fond memories.

I have found myself doing this when it comes to making choices in life: "How will I look back and remember this when I am old" is a constant question in the back of my mind to try and stop me from making "safe" choices all the time. You need to make the once-in-a-while crazy choice to avoid regrets. 

To help bolster you a lot of people go through life without dreams. They are too busy surviving to have the luxury of time for dreams. They do OK. Practical people have fewer dreams.
    Let's face it, being called a dreamer is an insult in today's society. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Plasko..I hope so as well...although I think I need to make a couple of crazy choices at some point in my life. I am too cautious by a long shot..lol
    I could not imagine going through life without dreams...just couldn't..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebeachlady. Show thebeachlady's posts

You are never too old to dream. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sections
Shortcuts