Are reunions necessary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Are reunions necessary?

Have high school and college reunions been made obsolete by Facebook and classmates.com? How have they changed because of these new tools? If you are invited, is everything done digitally now? Share your thoughts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TerraCotta. Show TerraCotta's posts

Are reunions necessary?

I was co-chair of my 25th Reunion at Harvard this past year. We believe that Facebook was a major factor in the record attendance that we achieved, even as the economy declined. My opinion is that Facebook helped make the reunion seem less abstract and intimidating, particularly for people who had vowed never to attend one again. I think it built up excitement and a desire to connect with old friends face to face, for which Facebook will never be a substitute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandybaby. Show sandybaby's posts

Are reunions necessary?

I think Facebook will make my next reunion more successful. No one will have to worry about "what will I say to these people?" when they have some background info on which to build a conversation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrGrammy. Show DrGrammy's posts

Are reunions necessary?

Facebook played no part in my 40th college reunion this past June. Perhaps it will at the 45th...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfres. Show tfres's posts

Are reunions necessary?

I think face-to-face reunions will always be necessary, because people enjoy human contact. At least among my own high school class, Facebook has had a way of getting us all past the niche we fit into in high school and shown that all of us have been impacted in some ways by the stuff we never gave a moment's thought to while we were in school.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenTimes. Show KenTimes's posts

Are reunions necessary?

we had only 68 in our class in 1988 and our 20th reunion was last night. we had about half show up. I think the facebook factor enhanced the evening as we had caught up on each other lives previous, and were more apt to discuss old memories, some feuds, and move on. And hopefully, set up times to meet up in the future. I was very adverse to facebook at first, now, it is part of my daily routine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giordana. Show Giordana's posts

Are reunions necessary?

I decided in high school that I would never attend a reunion. Nothing has happened to change my mind.