Catering for a Baby Shower

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eflynn28. Show eflynn28's posts

I am throwing a baby shower for my sister and was thinking of doing a tea party theme.� Can anyone recommend a good caterer for this in the Dunstable/Nashua/Chelmsford area?� Or, maybe just a good caterer (it doesn't have to be for a tea party).Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I can't think of a caterer but you could try cross posting this on the parents boards or the wedding boards as an OT (off topic) in the vendors section for weddings.� I know the wedding boards are very active and there are a lot of cross posts there because they are active and you can genenerally get good results.� And it seems that many of wedding board posters are migrating to the parents boards....I wonder why?

Good luck and I am sorry I cannot recommend a caterer for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eflynn28. Show eflynn28's posts

Thank you for the tip....I will give it a try!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi eflynn, I know you are asking for a caterer for your tea-shower, andunfortunately, I am not in a position to recommend one for you.
    However, I had a teaparty at home for about 60 people. With a bit ofhelp on the day of, I did it all by myself. Just started early. Bakedseveral cakes, which I froze. Made large platters of 3 different teasandwiches the day before and wrapped them and placed them in largecoolers. Made a large bowl of cut up fruit in the morning of andplaced in my ref.
    The day of I made tea in my large 50 cup coffee pot and served it inseveral (some borrowed) teapots. I� rented cups and plates and hadtables and chairs set up outside on my lawn.
    I had a couple of highschool girls help me the day of to set upand to serve. Everything went exceptionally well. And it was quiteinexpensive.
    Why did I do it? Money was not an issue, but I couldn't find a caterer.And I found it quite easy. Except for the tea, nothing has to be warmat a teaparty. Would I do it again. Definitely.
    Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eflynn28. Show eflynn28's posts

I've been thinking about doing this myself as well...and I think you just gave me the motivation.� I have plenty of cousins to help, so we should be able to pull it off.Thank you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

With all your cousins'� help - I am sure you will do just fine. It is not really necessary to rent cups and plates, if you don' t mind styrofoam or paper. But I did it to be a bit more formal. Good luck and happy showering!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eflynn28. Show eflynn28's posts

That would be great...thank you!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eflynn28. Show eflynn28's posts

That sounds perfect...and it's making me very hungry!� Thank you for your help!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

See, flynn, lot of help - not only from your cousins - but from thisboard as well. Tea parties are really easy.� Best of luck!

Note: Just remembered. Once I went to a tea party, where the tea potsjust had hot water and a lots of different tea bags were served�in a small basket. One could choose the flavor or kind of tea oneliked.

Sections
Shortcuts