Foot in the mouth apologies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What are the biggest public apologies of all time? What situation caused feet to fly into mouths?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick apologies for choking and letting the New England fans down for losing the Super Bowl

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glosta-gal. Show glosta-gal's posts

The biggest apology ever had to be Robert McNamara when he tried to apologize to the American people for having no strategy for the Viet Nam war.� Peoples sons died because of no strategy and it was all in all a pathetic attempt for him to feel better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shontata. Show shontata's posts

I'm waiting for the FBI to appologize for zip connoly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindonderry. Show lindonderry's posts

Robbie Smith fan by any chance?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from webbs4sail. Show webbs4sail's posts

what about Don Imus?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davess23. Show davess23's posts

The only apologies that really matter are the ones you'll never hear.� Like the apologies owed by all those who acted as dupes and cheerleaders while the Bush administration plundered our natural resources and treasury, lied and lied again to cause an oil war that has resulted in the deaths and maimings of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, replaced a democracy with a kleptocracy and put the finishing touches onto the transformation of government into an agency for imposing the will of corporations on the citizenry.� We, the people, let them do it.� We believed the propaganda, the talk radio hosts and the RNC spinmeisters.� We stood by while this addled fake-pious�ne'er-do-well son of a Bush who couldn't even pronounce the word "nuclear" lied to the world about�the Iraqi dictator's�non-existent�"nookyuhlar" program.� We stood by while he stole the election--twice-- and let�him establish secret torture centers and trash our Constitution with his illegal signing statements.� Maybe we should apologize to the founding fathers for watching reality TV while this pack of liars and thieves wrapped themselves in the flag and drove our country right-- and I do mean�"right"-- �into a deep ditch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

How about the millions who�elected Bush for�the second term.� First term doesn't count.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathyg813. Show kathyg813's posts

I disagree with TheCure . . . apologies are only meaningful if they are sincere.� I have never found any sincerity in public apologies . .� . they're only for show.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nematode. Show nematode's posts

I hereby apologise to all those I have offended with my insenitive posts to these forums.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

I think all of the posters on this board that have the nerve to insinuate that just because we don't vote for their candidate we will somehow end up owing the rest of�the country an apology, should apologize.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msully. Show msully's posts

Agreed - the only one who should apologize in the Larry Summers debacle is the MIT professor who, upon� being asked to consider an idea she felt unpleasant,� got a case of the vapors instead of considering it and refuting it.� What kind of example to young girls is that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjd1. Show pjd1's posts

I don't recall that the city of Boston ever apologized for making you, me, and the rest of the entire Boston area the laughingstock of the country for a week or so over the Moonite episode. Instead, they spent all their time blaming people for not anticipating the appalling lack of common sense (or even inter-department communication) to be found in Boston City Hall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

Get over it already. The State of Massachusetts was the laughing stock of the country (and still is)�long before those "unemployed artists" messed up everyone's morning commute. If that is still bothering you than you need to get a life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesdraper. Show jamesdraper's posts

Whose actions required the biggest apology?��Yours for using "Whoops!" as the lead for the death of another human being. Nice job on the copy...�
    Whoops! �"I am apologizing not only to the Williams family but to the Mattapan community and the entire city for this tragedy.''
    -- Former Boston Police Commissioner Paul Evans, March 26, 1994�

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacko23. Show jacko23's posts

Summers was right, and it's a lot more than math and science.C'mon,we've all said things as bad as McCain, stuff you're supposed to leave at the bar.The biggest apology Clinton owed was to the broad he dishonored, and he never did that.Edith Piaf sang it:; "I regret nothing"Tom Coughlin and Eli are class, you guys will be seeing THAT pass for the rest of your lives.Yours in Sports, Jacko��

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bureaubasher. Show bureaubasher's posts

Add to the list of necessary apologies an apology from the Globe for misleading its readers with the teaser on the front page, which led us to believe that McCain had made a recent jab at Chelsea Clinton, and for perpetrating what seems like a flimsily transparent attempt to slam McCain.� (Full disclosure:� I'm an Obama supporter.)�

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

I think Imus needed to apologize.� But I don't think he should have lost his show for it.� That said, the fact that�he apologized to that race-baiting, hate mogering SOB Al Sharpton really ticked me off.� I don't think anything Imus said ever contributed to riots or people being burned alive.� When is Sharpton going to apologize for the blood on his hands?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2509482. Show user_2509482's posts

How about Mrs. Obama all of a sudden becoming proud of her country?

I have always been proud to be an American, especially when travelling abroad, and her comments were a travesty to all Americans. She should be ashamed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from willrunz. Show willrunz's posts

i think you got it wrong on the TBS guerrilla marketing incident. I think the city of Boston should apologize for overreacting to a lite-brite sign on a bridge. it cost money and time and in the didn't make the city any safer. it only exposed how flawed and wasteful our "emergency response" preparedness is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from barrington79. Show barrington79's posts

John Dennis and Jerry Callahan of WEEI after equating a bus of Metco students to an escaped gorrila� from the Franklin Park Zoo. The idea that Imus got fired for his comment is baffling since these two jackasses were basically allowed to escape with a slap on the wrist - a two week suspension - for comments that were twenty times more offensive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdfoot. Show jdfoot's posts

How about the idiot radio talk host Don Imus, whom I've never listened to before or since, who called the black athletes nappy headed ho's?� He DID apologize, didn't he?� Of course, it is probably in his job description to be at all times egregiously non-PC�if nothing else, especially intelligent.� Being intelligent�is of course�the biggest turnoff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ezskankin. Show ezskankin's posts

i agree that everyone got this one wrong ... i think the artist/pranksters are owed an apology for being criminally prosecuted for doing what tbs paid them to do.�

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff-the-deadhead. Show jeff-the-deadhead's posts

Forget about Roger Clemens and the Patriots!

I'm still waiting for an apology from ANYONE in the Bush administration for all the lies they told as they led this nation into an unnecessary, illegal war in Iraq. You'd think that being responsible for almost 4000 American lives lost, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Iraqi lives lost, and a nation that is actually worse off now than it was under a ruthless dictator (Saddam Hussein) would require some kind of apology.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from deadjoe. Show deadjoe's posts

Larry Summers needed to apologize? Really?

From a recent article in The American:

Math 55 is advertised in the Harvard catalog as �prob�ably the most difficult undergraduate math class in the country.� It is leg�endary among high school math prodigies, who hear terrifying stories about it in their computer camps and at the Math Olympiads. Some go to Harvard just to have the opportunity to enroll in it. Its formal title is �Honors Advanced Calculus and Linear Algebra,� but it is also known as �math boot camp� and �a cult.� The two-semester fresh�man course meets for three hours a week, but, as the catalog says, homework for the class takes between 24 and 60 hours a week.

Math 55 does not look like America. Each year as many as 50 students sign up, but at least half drop out within a few weeks. As one former student told The Crimson newspaper in 2006, �We had 51 students the first day, 31 students the second day, 24 for the next four days, 23 for two more weeks, and then 21 for the rest of the first semester.� Said another student, �I guess you can say it�s an episode of �Survivor� with people voting themselves off.� The final class roster, according to The Crimson: �45 percent Jewish, 18 percent Asian, 100 percent male.�

Some apologies are certainly in order but they should be made to Mr. Summers. Not by him.