OT Acai Berry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

OT Acai Berry

My uncle sells Mona Vie too and he has a few other member's of my family drinking it as well. Seems a little pricey for something that has no discernable results! They swear by it though...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

OT Acai Berry

I think vitamins are great (take vitamin C everyday in the powder form with my OJ) and have noticed I don't get as sick as I used to.

However, some of the other stuff is lots of mind over matter - you know the placebo effect.

I do think that vitamins are great, and if you do your research they can help you. I typlically go to Whole Foods and ask the people there about the vitamins, read on line with research studies, etc.

And as PinkKittie said eat healthy, get sleep, exercise - it all helps!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT Acai Berry

Too funny! When I worked at Sephora there was a acai and blueberry powder supplement and people used to ask "This cures cancer, right?" and we'd say "No, it helps keep your immune system and other cells strong. There's no 'cure' for cancer yet."
    Like Sephora was selling a cure for cancer for like $70 and keeping it a secret.

[Quote]My folks are driving me nuts with this berry! They sell "Mona Vie," a highly concentrated acai berry and other fruit juice blend. They say it cures everything from insomnia to cancer. They gave us some, and used it for a month as directed. It didn't do one blasted noticable thing for me.

UGH!!![/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

My folks are driving me nuts with this berry! They sell "Mona Vie," a highly concentrated acai berry and other fruit juice blend. They say it cures everything from insomnia to cancer. They gave us some, and used it for a month as directed. It didn't do one blasted noticable thing for me.

UGH!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

We're hoping to get some good out of this stuff since my folks GAVE it to us and are expecting results. And, while I don't have any belief in it's more "miraculous" powers, I did think it may help a cold since it IS plumb full of antioxidents. Nope. Dear hubby has a bad one and it hasn't seemed to make a bit of a dent in his misery. Of course, my folks will have some brainwashed reason why it isn't helping...I'm guessing they'll say he needed to be "taking it at least a month before having gotten the cold." Of course, these are the same people who take Vitamin C when they get a cold...argh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

My husband is like that, too, and I can get irritated, but he's really the sweetest person I know so how upset should I get, really? We balance each other in that regard.

The only reason I have my parents' Mona Vie is that they GAVE it to us as part of our wedding present. I'm sorry they did, though, because now I have the uncomfortable task of reporting that I see no difference in my overall health, emotional well-being, whatever...nothing. If they hadn't given it to us I just wouldn't have bought any.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

Some days it makes me laugh, others it just makes me ill that my otherwise smart parents have been in some sort of Amway-derived scheme for 15 years with (does it need to be said?) no results.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT Acai Berry

Tahnks for the advice.
    My grammy used to always say "There's no such thing as a free lunch."
    I'm skeptical of anything "free" and usually don't take them up on the offer.

You can get berry-derived antioxidant supplements from GNC for under $20. I'd recommend the chewables as your body absorbs them better that way than in pill form.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT Acai Berry

If you're already eating healthy- lots of fruits and veggies, then you're already getting all the antioxidants you need. Like I said, they just strengthen your cells and help them to resist damage from free radicals.
    You'll only notice a difference if you're not getting them in your regular diet already. You will notice a difference in your skin if you apply them topically, they are now included in many skin care lotions. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is the most well-known antioxidant.

ETA: from wiki

Antioxidant compoundsFoods containing high levels of these antioxidants[194][168][195]

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)

Fruits and vegetables

Vitamin E (tocopherols, tocotrienols)

Vegetable oils

Polyphenolic antioxidants (resveratrol, flavonoids)

Tea, coffee, soy, fruit, olive oil, chocolate, cinnamon, oregano and red wine[196].

Carotenoids (lycopene, carotenes)

Fruit and vegetables

[Quote]My uncle sells Mona Vie too and he has a few other member's of my family drinking it as well. Seems a little pricey for something that has no discernable results! They swear by it though...[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT Acai Berry

I got scammed in a similar case. Ordering a "free" sample for $3.95. I never received the sample but got the full size product plus a charge on my CC statement for $89 (plus the $3.95 for the sample).
    I did read the small print that said that I would continue to receive the product charged to my CC, but if I did not like the sample I could cancel w/i 15 days. However, the 15 days apparently started from the day my order was received and I never had a chance to try the product, never mind cancelling it.
    Fortunately, I always use Amex for those kind of orders and their customer service has never failed me. As soon as I find something is wrong, I write them and send them all the corespondance, order numbers etc.. So far, I never had to pay a dime, for products I was not happy with or did not receive.
    To try to reach the company, you ordered from is futile. They usually have no address you can write to and the phone number they give is usually a voice mail, that will never return your call. The best thing is to approch your CC company in writing and give them all your correspondance, order number and such and have them deal with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

Pingo, I feel your pain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momof3. Show momof3's posts

OT Acai Berry

Warning, stay away from ordering on line the free sample. I ordered the free sample on 12/23, I was charged twice for the free sample $3.95 received 1 bottle and only ordered the one bottle. I received my charge bill today and behold there are 2 additional charges of $87 each that I did not authorize, plus I never received any more of the Acai. I then called my charge Co and they were great but warned me I would have a difficult time reaching the company. They were right. After 20 minutes of waiting I spoke with someone who was not clear in her English other than reading an obvious script and refusing my request to speak with and American speaking person. I then asked to speak with her supervisor several times, she then transfered me to a number where I left a voice mail. This was at 9 AM and as of yet no response. The company I am speaking of is ACAI Berry FMW Laboratories, Hollywood FL. 33028

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT Acai Berry

Kargiver, my husband is the sweetest person as well. But in a way I am glad he is not at home as much as I would like him to be, Whenever someone stops by to sell whatever - he does not want to disappoint them.
    We have more magazines, we don't read, we have more Girl Scout cookies we don't eat, we have more bible passage flyers fron JW than we don't care about - just because my dear husband is a sucker. He will not say no to anyone no matter how lousy their product is. In all these years I have not been able to change him. But he has so many other good qualities, that I can disregard those above. - P

[Quote]My husband is like that, too, and I can get irritated, but he's really the sweetest person I know so how upset should I get, really? We balance each other in that regard.

The only reason I have my parents' Mona Vie is that they GAVE it to us as part of our wedding present. I'm sorry they did, though, because now I have the uncomfortable task of reporting that I see no difference in my overall health, emotional well-being, whatever...nothing. If they hadn't given it to us I just wouldn't have bought any.[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT Acai Berry

I have a son of a friend of mine selling Noni juice and other Noni products. It is supposed to keep you healthy and cure whatever ills you have.
    The kid is a nice kid and we love him dearly, but it bothers me w/o end, that he is pestering us with his products.
    He came to my house several times, when my husband was not at home - and I told him, that I wanted to do some more research on his products. I did go on the internet and found that some of these products were nothing more than sugar water with a fancy name at an extremely high price. Ok, with some few additions, which I couldn't care less about.
    Then this kid showed up one day, when my husband was at home. And my stupid husband bought a $30 shampoo from him. I have made my husbands shampoo for years and he has a beautiful healthy crown of hair. No need to enhance it with some unknown product.
    His excuse was that he didn't want to disappoint this kid. He used the shampoo twice and never again. It dryed out his hair terribly. So mush for a $30 shampoo. I used the rest as a diswashing detergent. Expensive dishwashing detergent - yes, but at least I used it.
    I am sure there may be products out there, that can be beneficial to you. But my point here is, if something was out there to cure cancer, we would all know about it. Before you use your CC - do your own research on these products. Don't be stupid like my husband to buy - just because.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT Acai Berry

Could you really keep a cure for cancer secret? Wouldn't some newspaper or CNN be banging down your door to report on it?
    It just makes me laugh.

[Quote]TLT, My folks swear UP and DOWN by it all the time. They send us You Tube videos on it, email about it, ask us how we're doing on it...sigh.

pink, that's so funny. I thought the same thing about how some offshoot of Amway has the "cure for cancer" and no one else knows about it.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

TLT, My folks swear UP and DOWN by it all the time. They send us You Tube videos on it, email about it, ask us how we're doing on it...sigh.

pink, that's so funny. I thought the same thing about how some offshoot of Amway has the "cure for cancer" and no one else knows about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT Acai Berry

yeah, I should follow my own advice and not worry about things that I can't control nor are my problem. Mm, OJ, nice cheap OJ. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT Acai Berry

lol Oh well, just smile and drink your OJ and know you're saving money :)

[Quote]Some days it makes me laugh, others it just makes me ill that my otherwise smart parents have been in some sort of Amway-derived scheme for 15 years with (does it need to be said?) no results.[/Quote]