St. Patricks Day, Best Irish pubs oh where oh where

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiedBagPiper. Show PiedBagPiper's posts

St. Patricks Day, Best Irish pubs oh where oh where

Looking to have a pint and perhaps play a tune from the pipes on St. Patrick day in a few pubs.
     Which pubs are the most popular, and what makes them so?
    Will be in for the parade and looking to go out after, just visiting the area so open to all suggestions.

Neeps and tatties

Damion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: St. Patricks Day, Best Irish pubs oh where oh where

If you're in Boston proper you really can't go wrong anywhere, I think. 

But, Paddy O's has live music and is very popular.  It's in Fanieul Hall so if you're visiting Boston that's a fun place to be, anyway.  Durgin Park is also there with the Black Horse Tavern (very historic!) you could get the best prime rib of your life (casual dining, too).  Go early for dinner, though, they run out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiedBagPiper. Show PiedBagPiper's posts

Great! Thanks for the tip

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Where are you from?  Hope you enjoy our town!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiedBagPiper. Show PiedBagPiper's posts

I live in Scottsdale Arizona, great place to be right now for good weather.
    You from Boston? Looking to do some sight seeing there as well.
    Consider my self a bit of a foodie and up for suggestions on places that "locals" frequent.
     If you would like, e mail me. texturekid@hotmail.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I went to BU 20 years ago, but I got married last year to a man who had built his (our) home out in the Worcester Hills (central Mass) about 1.5 hours from Boston.

But, put Mike's Pastry on your list of MUST places to visit if you're a foodie (not the most impressive website, but don't be deterred by that!).  Their cannolis are second to none.  The plain ones are the best, IMO, but they are NEVER in the case, you have to ask for a plain and they grab it out of the back.  They are in the North End, the Italian district of Boston.  There are a couple of really great Italian restaurants on the same street.  There is no "wrong" one on Hanover St.  There's a nice coffee shop right next door to Mike's, too.  You'll have to walk a bit to get there as there are no nearby T stops, but it's worth it.

Bring some warm clothes even for St. Patty's Day!  Your thin AZ blood might freeze. ;)

Actually, I did take a total stranger to Mike's that I met near the Park Street Station at the end of the Common (Boston's most famous park).  His flight was postponed and had 6 hours to kill and had no idea where to go.  It was fun.  Sorry, am not available for tours anymore, but I'm sure you'll have a great time.  Boston people are nice (if you're not driving).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I am sorry Kar I have to disagree....Mike's is over-rated and a tourist trap now in my opinion with long lines.  Modern which is a nice hole in the wall before you hit Mike's has much better pastries and tastes just as good as my Italian Grandmother's.  Mike's has good stuff but not as good as my Grammy's nor Modern.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I LOVE Mike's, but I acknowledge you can't go wrong with those others, either.  I know there are fierce debates.  Hanover St. is a nice place to find Italian dining, though.  Where are the other places?  Nearby?  I guess PiedPiper will have to sample them all and get back to us.  He'll be on vacation, after all, and calories don't count on vaca!

Sections
Shortcuts