The "Twilight'' series of vampire novels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donaldaucoin. Show donaldaucoin's posts

Have you read any of the "Twilight'' novels (movie version about to open on Nov. 21)? What's the basis of their appeal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

The basis of their appeal is that they're written for teenage girls who are so smitten with the idea of a beautiful vampire (who, of course, doesn't eat people) falling in love with a regular teenage girl that they are willing to overlook the fact that they have an unhealthy, co-dependant relationship and that the "hero" is actually an arrogant, overbearing misogynst. It also helps if your audience doesn't notice that you have the writing skills of a third grader and the main character is so annoying that you keep hoping one of the vampires will eat her.

And, yes, I've read all four books of the "trilogy." Despite the fact that they're horribly written, the story is interesting. Plus, by the fourth book, the writing at least gets a little better. Also, I like bad fiction. It's a guilty pleasure. If you don't like crappy books, I would recommend reading just about anything else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I'm far from being a teenage girl, but this series is very addicting, like a vampire soap opera. I agree about not being that well written and sometimes just plain annoying, but addicting none the less. I'm just started book 4. I can see how they would make good movies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I don't think they're planning on making movies out of all four books. I know that it depends in part on how the movies do at the box office and that the books are wildly popular. However, the movie was well into production before the books became so popular. Depending on how faithful the movie is to the book, they may not be able to do the rest of them.

Think Flowers in the Attic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I have heard they have already started production on the 2nd movie, and the this one is selling out already for opening day. I got my tickets, but I'm not expecting the movie to that great, though it will rake it in at the box office for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

i loved the books too - haven't read the last one yet -- i am a hopeless vampire romantic though -- can still remember the days of dark shadows and barnabus collins and quentin --

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]i loved the books too - haven't read the last one yet -- i am a hopeless vampire romantic though -- can still remember the days of dark shadows and barnabus collins and quentin --[/Quote] Hi Lukes - I have one chapter to go on the last book, it's pretty exciting, I don't know what ro read after this - any recommendations?

Sections
Shortcuts