To all those crazy Boston drivers...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerry01. Show jerry01's posts

Seeing the jaywalking/pedestrian thread�in the news section boards�the other day made me smile as Bostonians were talking about pedestrian�s, and driver�s, needing to be more considerate of others.� -->�-->That made me laugh.� -->-->Boston-->--> drivers�considerate?� Sure, many of us are, but I wanted to send a message out to those people may need to have their inconsideration pointed out to them.� In addition, I thought I would simultaneously have some fun, perhaps make you smile, and vent out a bit of pent up frustration in a healthy, productive way.� -->�-->If you see yourself in any of these scenarios as the offender, just stop for a second to think of each one for a second if it were you on the receiving end of any of these, and how you would feel�-->�-->If you�re on the highway, and I�m in front of you at night, and I already have my directional on to indicate I�m going left as I just turned it on in front of you, please don�t all of a sudden decide you have to go left and then quickly dart into the left lane to cut me off.� Can you have the common courtesy to let me take my left as I�ve already indicated before you that I�m going to the left lane?� Oh, and please don�t get pissy because I�m actually *not* letting your rude a$$ go and honk your horn needlessly and endlessly and flash your high beams at me.� �-->�-->If you�re on a busy city street intersection, and you clearly see that traffic is a held up just beyond the green light, why do you feel it necessary to proceed anyway and stop right in the middle of the street and gridlock without any regard for the other people who are perpendicular to you, who would like to proceed since they just got a green light, but can�t, since you decided it would be beneficial to your selfish needs to hold about a dozen cars up so you don�t have to wait for a minute for your red light to have changed.� The dozen cars can wait those two minutes since you�ll have held them up during their whole green light cycle, and then will have to wait for the light to change to green again, as you�ve just moved as their light turned red again.� Yes � that would be much better.� That one minute *really* saved you some time.� -->�-->If you�re the very first person waiting at the red light at a busy intersection, it would probably be a good idea to pay attention so that you can go when the light turns green so you�re not holding up the other drivers behind you.� So when you�ve got your face planted into your vanity mirror on your sun visor putting on your makeup or using your electric razor, please don�t feel it necessary to flip me the bird like it�s my fault when I give a quick, friendly tap on my horn to indicate to you that the light is green.� Who the eff do you think you are?� -->�-->Unless your wife is about to give birth in your car, your about to let loose that massive case of diarrhea in your automobile or you�re being chased by the cops, why do you find it necessary to bypass all those cars that you know are waiting to get on an ramp to the highway or to exit off of it and cut in front of all of them because you don�t feel like waiting?� Again, who the eff do you think you are?� Who�s to say the person you�re cutting off isn�t going to a job interview?� Or has to visit their dying grandmother in the hospital?� We all have places to go and we all have a finite amount of time.� You have a might big set of kahoonas to assume that you are more important than all of the other people who patiently waited to get on or off that ramp.� -->�-->If it were legal, I would be tempted to shoot your tire out with a gun for behavior such as this to teach you to not do it again.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Cool! You've been inside my head, Jerry! Or I've been inside yours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from veronica47. Show veronica47's posts

I totally agree.  I've lived "up here in the North" for 20+ years now and am thankful that I'm still alive.  Boston drivers are the most dangerous, inconsiderate, rude, idiotic drivers anywhere. 

YIELD SIGNS:  The cars already on the highway have the right of way. When a driver flies through a yield sign and all lanes on the highway are full, is everybody on the highway supposed to stop so that he can enter???  What do they teach in driving school up here????  Gee- if you have a car full of children, why are you so hell bent to put their lives in danger just because you're an idiot?

TURNING LEFT ON A RED LIGHT: Duh!  It's illegal you morons!

NO Street signs on main roads: WHY is the street you are on NOT MARKED? What idiots thought of that one?  Do they not realize that the whole world does not live in their town?

And, where are the Police when all the reckless driving is going on?  In any other prt of the country, reckless drivers get pulled over by the  Police - because they are endangering the lives of other drivers!!!

When friends visit me from other parts of the country, they are absolutely horrified at how careless, dangerous and rude Boston drivers are.  They can't believe what I've told them until they actually experience it.

Conclusion:  Your children are watching how you drive and are going to drive the same way!  God help us!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massfan. Show massfan's posts

Actually, I believe you can turn right on red after fully stopping provided there is not a "No Turn On Red" sign.

I'm with you on the rest.  I'm a biker (pedal not motor) and I swear some folks are out to run me down.

[Quote]I totally agree.  I've lived "up here in the North" for 20+ years now and am thankful that I'm still alive.  Boston drivers are the most dangerous, inconsiderate, rude, idiotic drivers anywhere. 

YIELD SIGNS:  The cars already on the highway have the right of way. When a driver flies through a yield sign and all lanes on the highway are full, is everybody on the highway supposed to stop so that he can enter???  What do they teach in driving school up here????  Gee- if you have a car full of children, why are you so hell bent to put their lives in danger just because you're an idiot?

TURNING LEFT ON A RED LIGHT: Duh!  It's illegal you morons!

NO Street signs on main roads: WHY is the street you are on NOT MARKED? What idiots thought of that one?  Do they not realize that the whole world does not live in their town?

Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

For some reason, some of my postings just don't go thru, but I'll try once more here.  LEFT turn on red IS legal if you are turning FROM a ONE-WAY ONTO a ONE-WAY, come to a COMPLETE STOP, and YIELD to traffic with a green light and pedestrians.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

& people in luxury cars are really bad drivers like a sense of entitlement that says get out of my way I'm driving a Lexus!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

"You think the drivers are bad in Boston?? You should spend a day in Philly, you'll love Boston drivers after that. "

+1

Sections
Shortcuts