Umbrella Hater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMT. Show KMT's posts

Umbrella Hater

Does anyone else hate umbrellas - ok so maybe not the actual object, but the people who use them - as much as I do? These rude oblivious people make my commute hell. They stop at the top of the T stairs and escalators to open them without regard to pile up of people behind them. Then they walk 3 people across on sidewalk with umbrellas big enough to cover Rhode Island. As I dash into my office door, they love to block the entrance and shake them out like a wet dog. I only hope that the wind turns all their umbrellas inside out and that they get soaked on their commute home.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Umbrella Hater

My favorite is those that put the umbrella in front of their face as they walk into the wind and then WALK INTO PEOPLE because they can't see where they are going.... duh!!

Or those that hit me in the face as I walk by. Have some spacial awareness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Umbrella Hater

I love my umbrella - wouldn't leave home w/o it. But I am very careful, when I use it. I agree, some people are very inconsiderate.
    What I hate the most is when a friend, who does not want to bother bringing an umbrella, will want to be covered under yours. Doesn't work. You both get soaked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Umbrella Hater

I use mine too, Pingo, I just try very hard not to hit other people with it.

I love sitting on the train and someone gets on and puts their umbrella on the overhead rack. It then drips on me. sigh.

The best was the woman who put her folding umbella on the overhead rack and it promptly fell through the rack to hit me on the head. Because she placed it the wrong way. Pretty darned stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Umbrella Hater

Sorry AB, but I couldn't help laughing. My vision of you being hit with the umbrella drops was just too funny. I am sure you must not have thought the same at the time. I think Norman Rockwell could have made a wonderful painting out of this.
    Btw. have you ever visited his museum in the Berkshires? Wonderful place. Everyone I have "sent" there just loved it.

Sections
Shortcuts