What are your family's holiday traditions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What are your family's holiday traditions?

In his column today, Brian McGrory writes about how one family has been passing around the same fruitcake for 23 years. Does your family have any quirky or unique holiday traditions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mastermou. Show Mastermou's posts

Re: What are your family's holiday traditions?

Traditions that seem pretty normal to me:
    We string popcorn and cranberries and hang on the tree, also hang iced gingerbread men and women and cellophane wrapped popcorn balls. We also make rolled sugar cookies with sugar sprinkles, no icing on top, and mincemeat tarts (turnovers). Our stockings always contain a tangerine at the bottom. No presents are opened until Christmas day. Christimas eve (a sibling's birthday) is always homemade pizza. His choice, not ours.
    My kids and I always have to shop for the Xmas tree together, even tho they're now in college. I have to argue for very small and they argue for very large, until we compromise on a tree that just fits our living room ceiling.
    Also, my kids absolutely insist that they never give me a Xmas list of any kind - I have to give it a lot of thought as to what they would like. And they love being surprised and are always happy with what they get.
    The weird tradition is the really ugly shirt and tie that my brothers re-gift to each other every few years. They never know when it will pop up again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beadzilla. Show beadzilla's posts

a XMAS card that my mom & aunt mailed back & forth to each other since the early 1950's is no longer mailed (can you trust the USPS?) but "hand delivered" each year between myself & my daughter for signing.  we are running out of space, so we write small . . . . . . . . .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

It used to be a tradition to see my grandmother get drunk and refuse to speak English!