What helps you cope with the Pats loss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

How are you coping with the Patriots' Super Bowl loss? Tell us your way of dealing with the heartbreak that New England is going through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaestroKittyCat. Show MaestroKittyCat's posts

Well - I am disappointed.� But as I told my daughter (who was crying) they didn't deserve to win.� They got beat.� I love the Patriots - they have given me some of the most enjoyable times of my life.� Still love them.� I am glad the season is over - the last couple of games were soooo stressful that I need a break.� I look forward to next season.� I'm hoping that Junior and Teddy and Moss and a few others will decide to come back and give it one more try.� I guess I'm just trying to be an Adult and realize they got beat.� Fair and Square.� And remember, 2nd out of 32 is not that bad!!� Have a great summer guys.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripplethreat87. Show tripplethreat87's posts

Let me tell you something, folks.This year's Patriots team was the most over-hyped team in the history of sports.There was nothing at all�LOVEABLE about this team.� Perfection cannot EVER be a goal unless you want to play with FIRE!!!In the end what I want to see is a team that overcomes ADVERSITY!� LIke the RED SOX did, like the CELTICS are.� Perfecton is BORING!!!!!�The New England Patriots forgot ONE thing:YOU MUST APPEAL TO THE HEART OF A WARRIOR, A CHAMPION, A HERO...THIS TEAM DID NONE OF THAT.IF BILL BILICHECK�KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT WINNING IS�REALLY�ALL ABOUT, HE WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT THE REGULAR SEASON DOES NOT MEAN�$#!T!!!�QUESTS FOR PERFECTION ALMOST ALWAYS BACKFIRE.� HUMILITY IS WHAT INSPIRES US, COURAGE INSPIRES US, NOT PERFECTION, NOT NUMBERS!!!LET THIS BE A LESSON.�LESSONS, AS SPORTS FANS KNOW, ARE NEVER EASY TO SWALLOW, AND THEY CAN OFTEN BE PRETTY F--KING CRUEL.THE NEW YORK GIANTS WERE THE INSPIRED TEAM.� THE NEW YORK GIANTS WERE THE BOSTON RED SOX!� AND THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WERE, I'M SORRY TO SAY IT, THE NEW YORK YANKEES.DEAL WITH IT.AND KNOW THAT YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BELIEVING THAT ANY TEAM, ON ANY GIVEN DAY,�IS UNBEATABLE.� �

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnybcat. Show johnnybcat's posts

I'm very surprised the Celtics weren't mentioned.�� The best basketball team we've had in 20 years, the best record, and they are blowing out teams (at least earlier in the year).��� For a local sports fan what better way to get over a huge loss than to immediately follow another local team doing very well.��

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

After we got beat by Indianapolis last year when we were three touchdowns ahead, I was extremely shocked.� It seemed too good to be true for them to come back like that.

Last night it was obvious.� It was fixed.� I'm convinced the NFL is a show business just like World Wrestling Entertainment.� If you don't believe me, replay the game and check the history. Only 14 points?� It makes you laugh out loud.� They could score that in the first half.� They did when they had to, after Giants scored.� Drama pays folks.� they were penalized so much on almost every drive. Giants had no business winning that game just like New England had no business beating the Rams in 2001. Does this sound familiar?� History repeats itself.� We have heard this phrase over and over and the powers that are use it extremely well, repeating history I mean...

Remember, it's all about the money.� The England fans who have invested such emotions in this team and in this lost season, other one who suffer the most, specifically those who spent thousands of dollars to even go to Arizona.

You can draw your own conclusions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matmgr1. Show matmgr1's posts

As bad as the Patriots played last night,� they deserved to loose.� I watched the game and by the third quarter you could tell that they had no answer for the Giants.� I don't feel that bad about it.� To play that terrible and to keep the game that close shows how much of an elite team they are.� The team is young enough to "wait till next year".This is a great time to be a sports fan in New England, as the Sox have been as successful as well as the Patriots.� Also the fact that the Celtics are becoming a factor of success as well.I have lived in other cities where the favorite pro teams are just horrible.� I thank god that we have these teams to support, as they are at least competitive in comparison to some cities.I mean what do cities like Indianapolis, San Diego, and all the New York teams (except for the Giants) have to look forward to.�� As an example look at the New York teams the past few years:� Jets, Bills, Knicks, Yankees, and Mets.� I would be embarassed as a New York baseball fan to witness the collapse of the Yankees in 2004 and the Mets of last year.� I don't see optimism there.On to the Red Sox.��

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf2. Show gandalf2's posts

I'm with gailwarning - this team had lots of heart.To cope�with�disappointment, how about this - sit back and be thankful for the opportunity to watch one of the most phenomenal seasons in history - in any sport.� Cap it off with a message to the team/owners thanking them for a great ride.� This was a FUN season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1561749. Show user_1561749's posts

I am savoring the incredible season that they had, the incredible teamwork and preparation week in and week out.� They didn't win their first 18 games purely by luck.

I'm coping by knowing that this team is built for the long haul.� They have ownership that cares about long-term, ongoing success.� Their coach is a supreme game planner.� Their players have bought into the concept of true teamwork in a team sport that often overemphasizes individual achievement.� Of course it hurts that the Pats lost the big one, but you can be sure they will retool and aim for the Super Bowl again next year.

So, chin up, Pats Nation.� Let's savor the good fortune of Boston sports lately - a true golden age for Beantown.

Andrew
    SF Bay Area Pats Nation

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

I know it is difficult to swallow but yes some players have to be in it.� For example, why does Matt light and get penalties on those big games but not on the other ones?� I know, it's mind-boggling or conspiracy theory as they call it.� But, you cannot tell me that these patriots couldn't beat those giants last night.� It's fixed.� It may take you awhile to get it but if you see it this way and look for clues, you will be convinced.� My job is not a convince you.� I'm just voicing my opinion.� But it's all about the money and is capitalist world.� You can see it everywhere.� 2.7 million for a 30 seconds commercial.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinatthebrook. Show kevinatthebrook's posts

I didn't read far enough to see if�heavy drinking�was included as a way to cope. �PS Take a cab.�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from footinmouth1. Show footinmouth1's posts

Chargerfan - that's the best post of the post-season. I can't believe how many haters and whiners come out from under their rocks when their team wns or loses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tranquilrivers. Show tranquilrivers's posts

Coping is hard for me right now, but as the hours go by it gets a little easier.� What a season, the Patriots took on all comers and fought until the last minute.� I have had my pain genuinely eased by some very classey comments submited by Non-Patriots Fans.� A big thank-you too EZBOY, GIANTSFAN2, LIKE2BACHARGERFAN2 and MANHATTANFLASH (who I really believe was trying to show compassion)� I wish all the posters on this board who do not like the Patriots could show the same graciousness as the above posters did. I will remember your kind words and if the tables turn return the favor.��For the skunks like Coltswelcomewagon, Hopo46, Mets86 and Bohoopatsie you show the depth of your soul in the comments you make, pretty shallow.� This world is so full of haters, but they encourage me too, in that I can be thankful that I am not living their lives.� It must�suck to be a hater to be so empty inside that your only joy comes from inflicting pain on others.� Then again maybe your just to devoid of compassion to be able to see yourself for what you are.� That must suck too.� Anyway congradulations to the New York Giants and Your Superbowl Win.� No excuses, your Giants had our number last night and in the end you outplayed us.� I think it's time to let Ellis Hobbs go, I wish him luck with another team, but you just cannot allow yourself to get beat that bad with seconds left in the Game.� We also need to get a faster DEFENSE in all areas.� It was a great season, I look forward to next year.� In closing I Hope the Boston Herald give John Tomsin a chance to prove the credibility of his story. But if he fails, and his story turns out to be as self -serving and poorly timed as it does at present .....FIRE HIM!!!�

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcugg. Show gcugg's posts

Even�though this�might be�the worst loss for a Boston team I can remember, I am still proud to be a Patriot fan. Some say that they choked, I don't think so. The Giants just made the plays when they had to, you've got to give them credit (even though there are from New York).The future is still bright for this team and hopefully this will give them extra incentive to get back there next year. In the mean time,GO CELTS!!GO SOX!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessekillerkay. Show jessekillerkay's posts

so i was reading this to check the feelings of patriots fans after last night. i didn't plan on posting anything, but after i saw this post, i couldn't help myself. nothing that you state as "facts" are even close to facts if you understand the defenition of the word. even at that, i don't even believe your 'facts' hold any water.

"The Pats'�players and B.B.'s attitudeduring regular season was always one of utmost professionalism.� Theirundefeated season was earned; again another fact."
    I won't claim that every patriots player is as i am about to say.... i like a few even... but you can't say this honestly can you? B.B.s attitude is bend the rules as far as you can get away with. if not then claim that you misinterpret the rules. then when you don't win a game, leave your team on the field and let them deal with it... brady (one of the most overrated QB's ever... look what happens when he doesn't have an OL) states that he wants to dominate all opponents and it doesn't matter if the team is already 20 points up in the 4th quarter. and it wasn't a perfect season as you saw.... although the team tried to trademark 2 numbers before they had even achieved it.

The Pats are a�team�that encompassesfootball on every level.� They are the team�most�player's desire toplay with.. again, that is a fact.�
    this just makes absolutely no sense. i suppose you have a poll of football players with you? i would love to see that as it sounds very interesting and you must have spent a very long time compling this poll!

We have the best ownership in the game;Bob Kraft is,� first off, a huge Pats fan, and as an owner, he is verywell respected by everyone.� Another fact.
    okay i'll admit this is a personal taste issue on my part, but since you say "everyone" that includes me... i can't stand blue shirts with white collars... what the f$%^ is wrong with him???? it's all he wears!!! it's awful! does he have no dignity? i can't be the only one to think this. i know i'm not the only one to think this since i have talked to quite a few people about this. and it's not purely that he can't dress himself.... that's not the only reason either.

i honestly was not planning on writing anything. i was reading this and thinking that pats fans were actually taking this loss with a calm cool respect to the fact that it's a game.. and the Patriots lost it... but i had to reply to this idiocy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bikerchick55. Show bikerchick55's posts

Best cure for crappy Super Bowl is the SOX!!!�

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mddong. Show mddong's posts

I grew up with the San Francisco 49ers in the 1980s and their superbowl in 95. I remember my first Super Bowl with Joe Montana in 1981; I never saw my dad so happy that day.....5 Superbowls later, I moved to Boston and the luck followed me I guess. 3 Super Bowls with the Pats.In California Joe Montana lived around the same neighborhood for one summer when I was growing up, and its was great to see him drive his big ol Mercedes, not to mention Dwight Clark taking his kids to Burger King. Also in�California, I remember seeing Jerry Rice at Costco with a huge rolling palate of toilet paper he was going to purchase. Lynn Swann, Barry Bonds and Tom Brady himself �went to my high school in San Mateo, CA. Thats Serra High school baby!�Thats 8 Super Bowls following me around wherever I go, so I think Im spoiled by it all, not to mention 2 World Series from the SOX and the prospect of the Celtics this year, so I dont mind it being spread around to depressed fans elsewhere in the country...I was glad Indy won it all last year and even happy for the Giants and their gawky quarterback. The irony, drama and intrigue keeps it alive and interesting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky. Show sparky's posts

I thought they looked almost apathetic the other night.��Didn't�they�care?� 2 minutes to go, history and a trophy at their�fingertips. . .sigh.� They should've been breathing fire ALL GAME Sunday night.�

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momepat. Show momepat's posts

Here it is Tues and I am still in shock.� In my household, we decided not to watch any TV Media or read anything negative about the PATS.� It hurts too much!� As a long time season ticket holder, this has got to be the worse ever loss that I have been a part of.� To know they were several minutes away from winning, it is unbelievable that they let this slip through their fingers.� 3 Players had Eli sacked and we keep asking "what if"?�� But it really doesn't matter now, does it?� Our Super Bowl party consisted of approximately 20 people and quite honestly I felt like I just attended a funeral when it was all over.� We all looked at each other in disbelief.For now, I just can't watch ANY sports and get so hung up on a team that it leaves me completely drained after a loss.� If you think about it, how silly is that?� On Monday, what I did was begin to do my 2007 Tax Return!� Now if that doesn't get your mind off the loss, nothing will.I am certain this stings the players just as much as it stings the fans, but you know, they still make their millions and we still try to find ways to pay for our season tickets!���� I feel like I am part of a laughing stock of Pats fans!��� But, I will hold my head high and be proud of this team, who by the way has already won 3 Super Bowls!� We can't forget that, now can we?Yes, it was a remarkable, fantastic season, but to finish the way they did and lose the way they did, it will take a very long time to get over.� Somehow not winning this game puts a huge damper on the regular season, doesn't it?Time will help cope with this, but I have to wonder just how long?��

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

What helped me cope with the Pats' loss?

Being able to say, for once in my life, "Gee, I'm glad I'm not Gisele Bunchen tonight!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vh588083. Show vh588083's posts

�Patriots nation is in�mourning and I think will be for a little while.� The ending was just so disappointing.�

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from avidfan60. Show avidfan60's posts

YOU CAN CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT, BUT THE WORD FOR YOU AND THE OTHERS THAT FEEL AS YOU DO ABOUT THE PATRIOTS IS.....JEALOUS.���

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

hopo46 wrote:
    As for the team being loveable and Randy Moss being a grown-up, you need to consult a good dictionary. The media was overly kind to this team week after week, extolling the greatness of Tom Brady, whose true abilities were evident last night, despite all the toys Robert Kraft bestowed on him. This team is bunch of hot dogs, more interested in setting personal records than in anything elseYou nailed it exactly. I felt this team was being over-hyped from the start, and the�panting media�had Brady virtually walking on water by the fifth game. Alas, their true mortality and vulnerability showed in the game vs. the Eagles, and� on Dec. 3rd the Ravens actually had them beaten - and they would have been - had Rex Ryan not called that timeout with 1:44 left.� Even so, they were stopped AGAIN on 4th and one when the ref called Light for a false start. So the down had to be replayed. The refs then handed them the game with 0:35 left with that pass to Gaffney that was bobbled all over hell's half acre. As Steve Young put it: "That's a bobble for the rest of the League, but six for the Pats!"It's interesting also to hear the whining about the G-men taking out their SB champion caps before the game was over, when the Pats' own players kept yelling to the Giants' players thorugh the game�about all the hot spots in Bean�town where they were going to celebrate after. Oh, and let us not forget those '19-0" books and t-shirts, caps that Kraft had brought out to distribute. Now, they all have to be sent over to Africa with the other losers' gear. As Plaxico said after the game - referring to braggadocio remarks Seymour made to him at one point: "It's best not to tempt the hand of fate like that"Alas, the Patsies did it way too many times and it came back to bite them in the a$$.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

As Plaxico said after the game - referring to braggadocio remarks Seymour made to him at one point: "It's best not to tempt the hand of fate like that"�I stand corrected after`playing the post-game spot back again - it was TYREE - who made the star catch, that said that. This was after Seymour jawed about their upcoming celebrations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cxranger. Show cxranger's posts

5 Super Bowls in 11 years.� Not bad.� 3-2. Could definitely be better.-->-->Colts, Jets, Bolts, etc. be careful what you wish for.-->-->The Pats learned humility, no doubt.� But we will be back.� Everything attached to this team occurs elsewhere, but our success just magnified our faults.� There are no angels in football.� Take your Polly-Annish glasses off.-->-->Let's keep out mouths ####, and go out and prove the world wrong.� This story is not over yet.-->-->It�s tough now, but Brady is only 30 and has been to 4 Super Bowls. Things are better here than anywhere else.-->-->�

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from smoner. Show smoner's posts

There is a lot to be said about the joy of sports. In our United States we are able to participate� as kids in all kinds of little league sports from baseball and softball which both represent the core of American sport through soccer which was�once only a foreign sport but now is�a wonderful sport for our kids. Football, as we have just witnessed is argueably�the most popular American spectator sport. Something like 97 million people watched the Superbowl. I am happy to say that the NE Patriot players distinguished themselves all through this season, especially in the Superbowl. They, each and everyone of them should be proud of what they have accomplished. They will not be forgotten as heros of New England football lore. I cannot say the same for the Head Coach. Does he enjoy the game? Does he enjoy his players? In the post game interview it was apparent that he was only interested in the win. Somebody tell him that although the win is so very important, it is the journey through life and the people you make the trip with that really count. It is so important to think above oneself in tough times and think about the kids who admire you and behave in a way that teaches the youth of America about character in defeat.