What lessons have you learned from life?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: What lessons have you learned from life?

Life dosen't always go according to what you plan. 

Take time to "smell the roses"

Take time to enjoy and value the company of other people.

Pray not for an easy life, but that you may be a strong person.

Edited to add:

Sometimes life's best lessons are learned OUTSIDE of your typical classroom

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dislocatedworker. Show dislocatedworker's posts

People often won't notice what you are doing right, but will focus on something you may have not done or not done to their specifications.  Many people are stingy with praise, and it is the rare person who can truly be a mirror and speak to you openly and honestly giving feedback you request.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

I now believe in karma.  And not much else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Life's lessons may be called "wisdom", but wisdom disappoints me when it repeatedly points out how little any of us really "know".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

I learned the reality we see only seems objective to us. It appears to be independent of our perception, or of our life and death. We assume that the world we observe is constant, that it exists outside of us and independent of us. We think that it doesn’t get influenced by whether we exist or not.
    But there, everything is determined by the measure of your interaction with  network around you.

Percieving reality

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnackinHealthy. Show SnackinHealthy's posts

I agree with Mucco1 in that it is not important what you do but how you treat others that adds true value and dignity to life.  I would only add that God has much to do with training us out of ourselves and into the first two commandments, love God and love your neighbor as yourself.  Obedience is the key. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blsmile979@gmail.com. Show blsmile979@gmail.com's posts

I READ A RESENT CHAIN E-MAIL.... ITS ALL IN THE "dash" BIRTH (YR.)  -  DEATH(yr)                                                                                           ^ THAT 1

WHAT ONE FILLS THAT SPACE WITH.... LOTS OF SMILES .... MIXED WITH
      10X MORE, THANK YOU'S...... AND MORE LOVE, THAN YOU COULD EVER SHARED  WITH ONE HUMAN BEING .........
        DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROWS....
            LIVE FOR NOW....
               THAT ALONE, WILL MAKE YOU SMILE....
           IT IS TRUELY AMAZING WHAT PEOPLE REMEMBER..... 

THEY SAY THE LARGEST ORGANISM  ON EARTH IS THE ASPEN TREES ....
        THAT IS NOT A TRUE FACT ! ! !
             IT IS "US"....   
                Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintbruno. Show saintbruno's posts

I love to go to funerals because I am inspired by the resilience and courage of people.  Two of my favorite obits: 1) An 80+ lady who as a toddler was found with her infant brother in a shack along the railroad tracks in Minnesota in the arms of her dead mother by the Pony Express rider who heard their cries.  He brought the two to town and gave them to two families to raise.  She grew up to be a Rosie the Riveter during the WWII.  Go figure!  2)  Another 80 something lady who had 10 kids.  One night when the children were young there was a commotion at the back door.  She opened the door and found three neighbor children who had been abandoned by their parents.  She fixed up another room in the house and raised them too!  That's some tough folk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandigal. Show brandigal's posts

Kindness to others not only makes them feel good but makes you feel good also!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

In Response to Re: What lessons have you learned from life?:
    [QUOTE]Let go of a good friend when life changes so much that staying friends is more work for both of you than it's worth.  However, always appreciate the friendship you had for the time you had it.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Hi, Kar...it was so interesting to see your thoughts.  This is a lesson that I am currently working through...a good friend and I recently went our separate ways after a friendship of 30 years.  Now that I'm gaining some perspective on it, I see how much she and I have both changed.  It does feel like time to bid each other fare well...the other reflection I had, was that you really do learn something new every day; be it a big or small thing.  Somehow, it all melds into a lifestyle or point of view. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red-titan. Show red-titan's posts

You can't pick your family but you do pick your friends ... choose wisely as they will dramatically impact the quality of your life in so many ways.

Ambition can energize your work, but will not feed your soul.

Everyone is just as valuable as you are ... no more, no less.

Nothing is more powerful or eternal than true love.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeywife. Show hockeywife's posts

I agree with littlekinger ( and the writer) -don't put off what you've always wanted to do.  I, too, have always wanted to live near the water, but can always find an excuse NOT to go looking at that cute little house with the "for sale" sign.  Someday, I'm going to buy it-really!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

THEY SAY THE LARGEST ORGANISM  ON EARTH IS THE ASPEN TREES ....
        THAT IS NOT A TRUE FACT ! ! !
             IT IS "US"....  blsmile979@gmail.com

You are right. We are one huge organism where every cell excisting separately in its egoism. But we could change it and be like real organism where each cell worrying about others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GalleryParadisoDotBiz. Show GalleryParadisoDotBiz's posts

Audaces fortuna iuvat.
    (Fortune favors the bold.)
    James Paradiso
    Artist/Prioprietor
    http://GalleryParadiso.Biz
    Highland Park, IL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbelle. Show lbelle's posts

Family is always the most important, even though they can be a pain in your but.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyadams. Show joyadams's posts

I'm still trying to figure it out!! Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

blog post photoClick for info: Canine Companions for Independence                                 Regarding lessons learned: Too numerous to mention!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

Everyone has something to teach.

It is not your job to save the world.  But you can be a great influence on the people you know.  The greatest compliment you can receive is someone telling you their life is better because they know you.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.

Kindness is best taught by example.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Doing the right thing has that "hard" reputation, but the thing is, it's only hard in the short run.  It's always easier than having done the wrong thing in the long run...you just often have to be quite patient to fully appreciate the benefit of having made what seemed to be the harder choice at the time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

"I am the master of the unspoken word, and a slave to those word's that should have remained unsaid" - Unknown

That dealing with death is one of the most ironic "things" to deal with in life...

That when you are buried there is only enough room for the casket.....all your "stuff" has to go to the dump!

That when I die I want my legacy to be that I took part in raising two beautiful children...

That placing a value on the "things" in your life is a complete waste of time...

That the people in your life have a greater value than the "things" in your life...

That if you want to raise good children, lead by example.....

That the greatest feeling in the world is the "unconditional" love your children give you....

Talk to the living, after your loved ones pass they can't hear you...

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Get rid of the should have, could have and would have's in your life and DO....

Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You can only live your life by what you think best, not by your expectations of what the end result will be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sweetz10. Show Sweetz10's posts

The more I learn the less I understand. Knowledge is vast and understanding dim. The more answers we obtain the more questions are generated.

Lesson is humility.

Not much is really personal. Not everything is your fault but always do your best. Never stop learning or growing. It's what life is about.

If you are happy or content with yourself then you are very rich and successful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sweetz10. Show Sweetz10's posts

What doesn't kill you doesn't always make you stronger. It can make you weaker. Treat others and yourself with care.

Be careful of beliefs because they can be powerful and wrong. Don't be afraid to challenge them to see if they are worthy of being your beliefs.

Do. Take action. We regret most the things we didn't do. (Mark Twain I think - I am paraphrasing.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sweetz10. Show Sweetz10's posts

In Response to Re: What lessons have you learned from life?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What lessons have you learned from life? : We're all only responsible for our own decisions.  Your friend made bad choices.  That isn't your fault.  Sadness is natural, but guilt is irrational.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Feelings - emotions are not rational. Guilt is sometimes deserved. As in I detected guilt with an ex who was cheating one me. I didn't know what was going on but I definitely detected guilt. Much deserved.

Live honestly - think of yourself and others - if you lie/cheat/betray someone than you deserve to feel guilt. That might be rational.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sweetz10. Show Sweetz10's posts

Take responsibility for your life. Don't look to blame others or anything because that robs you of power to change your life.

No one has the answers. We make mistakes. Knowledge is incomplete and not understood. Resources are not equally divided - not always fair or sensible.

For peace of mind, try to see the big picture. Do your best. Live courageously. Don't let the negative norm's of the world bring you down.

Many people project their own stuff onto others. Be careful.

Sections
Shortcuts