Why are Nazi's suddenly fashionable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620. Show ml2620's posts

I just finished "Those who Save Us" by Jenna Blum (good book) about a German woman surviving WW2 in Germany, and since then have noticed - three movies out or ready to be released from a German-complicit, or Nazi perspective (Valkyrie with Tom Cruise, Good with Viggio Mortensen and Definance(?) with Daniel Craig. Why do you think we are getting this perspective now?

My husband had an interesting theory that we as a nation are feeling a little complicit in the horror that has been the Bush administration. ;)

Anyone notice this - and why are we getting this perspective now, and is it valuable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I think that with the new wars that are being waged in the world people are beginning to see that war is not a simple case of good against evil, as many of the early WWII movies make it out to be, but people fighting people. Each individual fights for a different reason.
    This deeper layer of the individual experience shows that not ALL Nazis were evil. Some of them were decent men trapped on the wrong side of the war, who thought they were doing the right thing by fighting for their country. But once they found out what was really going on, they either felt helpless to stop it or resolved to try and do something good in the midst of all of the atrocity occurring.
    I think it's valuable to know these individuals and their stories, to know that they tried to change what was going on once they had a change of heart.