Your favorite Massachusetts beach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NawthShoah. Show NawthShoah's posts

Re: Your favorite Massachusetts beach?

Crane Beach, hands down, is the best beach in the state.  It starts with the drive down Argilla Road, through the salt marshes, which are stunning at sunset.  (versus a slow slog down to the Cape and over the Bridge).  Once there you've got parking, great facilities, walking paths, access to the beautiful Crane estate and some of the best sand in Massachusetts.  No comparison to the crowded, honky-tonk Cape.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baystate74. Show Baystate74's posts

Thank God (and President Kennedy) for the Cape Cod National Seashore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from organic. Show organic's posts

The most diversity in beaches is found on Cape Cod.  The Cape Cod national seashore is amazing and a jewel stretching 40 miles of unspoiled, no houses, hotels and barely a sight of civilization.  Pure heaven!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from realitybitesme. Show realitybitesme's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite Massachusetts beach?:
    Cranes Beach stinks. Good Harbor is a hundred times better. Awesome waves, warm water, beautiful views. Sorry but Good Harbor beats almost every Cape beach hands done. One thing the Globe for got to mention is it will take you half a day to drive to Cape beaches while it takes 40 minutes to get to Good Harbor.
    Posted by cmister

Wouldnt that depend on where you start?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderb. Show wonderb's posts

Yeah, what about Hingham, Scituate, Cohasset, Marshfield, Duxbury, Plymouth, etc...? All tops in my book. Oh well, fewer people down here on these beautiful, warm, sandy, friendly beaches and more people packing into overpriced parking lots on the north shore. Have fun at Revere Beach... Enjoy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lewb60. Show lewb60's posts

What about Parker River Wildlife Refuge and it's beaches? You can see nature and the ocean at the same time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

With everyone in their revealing bathing suits, are there beaches with a no blubber section? It sickens me as much as 2nd hand smoke.

PS: I agree that all these beaches are basically the same and the best beach is the one that is easiest to get to. I hope all you non-Al Gore type of greenies realize how good using that much less gasoline is for the Earth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

What an absurd question.  Whose prettier, a blond or a brunette?  It's all in eye of the beholder.  My favorite beaches are in Brasil, but the North Shore and the Cape beaches both a pretty nice to me.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTD714. Show TTD714's posts

[QUOTE]Duxbury?  WHAT?   How About Craigville and Old Silver down the Cape.  Or the National Seashore?    Duxbury she says. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTD714. Show TTD714's posts

I just wish the nga's, Spicks, and Ricans would leave Hampton and clean up after themselves.  God Dam Disgrace.  Hispanics also.  They just dont give a F.   They all charge up from Lawrence and Lowell. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bignig123. Show bignig123's posts

Any beach on nantucket

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lally3402. Show lally3402's posts

No love for Nahant. $3 parking! Seriosly though can't go wrong with any Cape beach, Cape Ann that is. I will give one shout out to a cape beach and I wouldn't even call it that. East Beach on Chappy. Far and away the best, most secluded, gigantic beach. If you can it's worth the trip out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tapakip. Show tapakip's posts

Westport Town beach and Gooseberry Island are tops in my book.  I'll second what a poster said earlier....I always heard about the "great" beaches in the South/North Shore, only to find them small and crowded.  My dad always said I didn't realize what I had growing up, and he was right!

I've also had the good fortune to have been to Kaua'i, Hawaii, twice before.  If you want to talk beautiful beaches....it's not even a comparison.  But that's no surprise, and I'm still happy with what we have here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradsox04. Show bradsox04's posts

Someone already said it: they all have their delights. Why fight or gloat over it; just enjoy them all! I must say for swimming though, the 50s on the outer Cape is pretty chilly!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KileyU. Show KileyU's posts

I'll take the South Shore and Cape Cod beaches due to the simple fact that you can enjoy the water without freezing.

Kiley

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sexxeenikki. Show sexxeenikki's posts

I wish MA had a topless beach... Has anyone ever been on peopleofthemta.com ? It's such a funny site! If it rains this weekend I hope they put more pics on

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

If you're wearing a wet suit,you look like a seal.
    If you look like a seal,then you will be open to attack.

Which beach has the warmer water?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JosephWB. Show JosephWB's posts

any beach that does not have oil or great white sharks will do. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossman7. Show bossman7's posts

You know they spotted sharks in Gloucester, too?

Growing up on the North Shore, I have my loyalties to Good Harbor in Gloucester and Singing Beach in Manchester. However, the Cape is beautiful, but not realistic for someone who only has a day here and there to spend at the beach.
    Posted by bevtown18

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justinboot. Show Justinboot's posts

Justin boots and music

Look closely and you’ll find your favorite celebrities inJustin Boots. George Strait, Tracy Byrd and Terri Clark take the stage in their favorite style, while Nolan Ryan and Randy White wear Justin Boots off the field.

These days some of the brightest stars on the country music scene can be seen in Justin Boots-Terri Clark, Tracy Byrd, and George Strait to name just a few. Justin Boots have long been affiliated with music and the Western lifestyle. Terri Clark–Born in Quebec, Canada, but with strong roots from her childhood home of Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada writing and singing country music just comes naturally for Terri Clark.

A multi-talented musician, Terri not only sings, she also plays the guitar, drums, piano, and cowbell. She is known for high-energy performances and songs from the heart, which have earned her gold and platinum albums. Terri says that her new album “Fearless” has led her full circle – and helped her grow as a musician. An evolution in her career, “Fearless” has helped Terri realize “what she wants to be when she grows up.”

Favorite Justin Boots: Style #L8933 – Black Full Quill Ostrich Western—Tracy Byrd–His recognizable rich baritone and hit singles like “Holdin’ Heaven” and “The Keeper of the Stars” have sold more than five million albums over the course of his career. A native Texan, Tracy Byrd enjoys giving back to the community that gave so much to him. The annual Tracy Byrd Homecoming Weekend has raised over $350,000 for his hometown of Beaumont, Texas since 1994. An avid interest in the outdoors led to Tracy’s role as a spokesperson for the TNN Outdoors Program and the release of a charity album called the “Wonders of Wildlife” to help protect various native animals and their natural habitats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quasimodo. Show Quasimodo's posts

Crane's beach in Ipswich wheh reached by boat. Cruising  out the the Annisquam, Ipswich or Essex  River affords a different way to enjoy Crane's. Landing or anchoring on the inside of the dunes is like going to an island. The experience is much better than driving to a beach.  Some spots in the dunes are unpopulated and very romantic. Bring a blanket and beach umbrella. Well, you get the idea.