Zumba

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Zumba

Zumba blends Latin dance and aerobics into a hot new workout. What do you think of this new fitness craze?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wikdsikk. Show wikdsikk's posts

Zumba

Dumbest thing ever.....!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wikdsikk. Show wikdsikk's posts

Zumba

I'm sure you're right...I was in a bitter mood when I posted. I've seen so many TV commercial with the latest "fad" exercise/dance routine followed by "for just $19.99, this great body could be yours" and know that so many people get suckered into something that is effective for a very small percentage of the population.

When I saw the Zumba ad, it seemed like another glossed-over, chicks-in-spandex bouncing around type of sales pitch that just made me roll my eyes and wonder "who the heck falls for this crap?" As a result, I posted my comments. If it works for you, I am genuinely happy for you as I know how hard it is to stay motivated to keep in shape.

Last year I realized I needed to shed about 20 lbs and instead of doing the "zumba" or "Billy Brag" or "ab-roller" workouts, I turned to good ole fashion manual labor with a rake, shovel and pitchfork and went to work. Sure enough, 8 weeks later I hit my goal, got something accomplished AND saved money by not hiring someone else to do the work.

I've alway been somewhat of a fitness person but never a gym person. In years past, Americans didn't rely on gyms and fitness fads to stay in shape. We used common sense towards eating habits and actually did manual labor either on the job or around the house. Now it seems we need to hire someone to do these activities and instead use that time to run in place on a treadmill or stand in front of a TV punching at the air. Think about it...the more gyms and fitness "crazes" that hit this country, the fatter and more in debt we get as a nation. Save your money, grab a rake!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondotnh. Show bostondotnh's posts

Zumba

I too go to Hamstead Health and Fitness, NH and I love the music. I've only been to one class but I plan to go back. I was thinking it would be better if I had the spanish dance moves down a little better, our teacher moves fast but with lots of great energy. Sat 7:30 am is a little early for me but the Weds class is great after work.