It's been a long time, friends!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

It's been a long time, friends!

The BDC people created this section because so many of us ended up using the wedding section of the boards long after we weren't brides anymore.  Many brides migrated over to the mothers section for trying to conceive, pregnancy and children sections but for some of us that doesn't make sense.  I do post there, but if you aren't going to hvae children, you wouldn't.

Thought I'd get this section's ball rolling, if it will roll.  Otherwise, it won't and we'll just keep doing what we've been doing.

I'm doing well, we had a really quiet New Year's Even with one other couple - we made dinner together, had some drinks, watched the ball drop and then we went home and to bed.  I was surprised we could all make it to midnight....  but such is the fate of the 40- and 50-somethings, that we are, right?

My job is much less frustrating although I don't like it much, but until I find something I'm more interested in, I am glad I have it.  My boss changed 2 years ago and that has made all the difference in the world - I have the support I need and the information/training that I need, and it's making a difference.

We have only one cat left of the two - when this one goes (she's 14 so it won't be for a few years, we hope) we'll get two kittens.  Or two adult cats who need homes who are bonded, but honestly I've had very elderly cats for many years, complete with heart issues, daily medication needs, etc. for quite a few years and it would be just plain old fun to have kittens and start at the beginning of the age curve for once!  I know all the stuff about adopting the ones that can't be easily adopted, but someone needs to take the kittens, I'd like it to be us!

We'd love to get a dog but we can't while we both are out of the house 11 hours/day.  Our house is great, I enjoy working in our garden so in the last nearly 6 years of ownership we've made many changes in our garden. This winter I think I'll finally paint the walls and take down some wallpaper that we inherited when we bought the house!  And this May will be our 5th wedding anniversary - as will it be for ALF and Kargiver should have had her 5th anniversary either this past fall or in the spring of 2012, I think. 

I'd love to hear how DowntoEarth is doing, was glad to hear about Ridley although the news wasn't great as she no longer walks on her own.  I do miss reading her posts, though.  Would love to hear how the poster whose picture was the behinds of her husband and dogs and lived in NH was doing - but I can't remember her name.  Sarah something or other seemed to be her sister in law? Can't remember.

Anyway, happy 2012!  My father has a real birthday this year because it's a leap year and our 5th anniversary is on a Saturday, the day we were married, so it feels like a "real" anniversary, too! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: It's been a long time, friends!

CT-DC, thanks for getting things going here and for your update.

That's great you got a new, supportive boss. It DOES make all the difference.  I went from having a boss who allowed me to shine with my strengths and delegate tasks I was weaker at, and I loved my job.  Switched to someone who decided the weaknesses I had were things that should cost me my job, and you can imagine how much fun the same job was after that.  Glad your experience went in the opposite direction!

Sorry about your cat that passed this year.  Kittens are definitely in order when the time comes!  Although, it's no guarantee of lesser vet visits!  Gracie has cost us a big bundle in her 2.5 years on earth, the latest was $120 emergency trip for her having rammed a stick just under her eye last Friday, and the worst of which was her $3500 TPLO (torn knee) surgery last June.

DH and I just celebrated our 3rd anniversary in Nov 2011.  Haven't gone out yet, though, because that was the day DH got gum surgery, and then with Christmas and everything we haven't made it back to the Wayside for our traditional celebratory dinner where we got married.  Planning to, though.

What else?  My 40th birthday is tomorrow - can hardly believe it.  But, it's all good.  Life is everything I could hope for so why would I be sad?

We've been trying to have a baby (the old fashioned way, no intervention) since we got married, but at this point I'd be at least just as happy to stay child free.  DH will be 48 in March.  I'm thinking that ship has sailed, but you never know; we're not preventing.

Speaking of gardening, glad you have a nice place to do that CT-DC.  You can check out the gardening thread we have every year up in CC.  DH does all the gardening here in our "farm."  I do all the cooking.  Works great!  (There are lots of photos of everyone's bounty in the 2011 gardening thread.  Hope you'll add this year!)

Hoping the best for everyone in 2012!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to It's been a long time, friends!:
    [QUOTE]The BDC people created this section because so many of us ended up using the wedding section of the boards long after we weren't brides anymore.  Many brides migrated over to the mothers section for trying to conceive, pregnancy and children sections but for some of us that doesn't make sense.  I do post there, but if you aren't going to hvae children, you wouldn't. Thought I'd get this section's ball rolling, if it will roll.  Otherwise, it won't and we'll just keep doing what we've been doing. I'm doing well, we had a really quiet New Year's Even with one other couple - we made dinner together, had some drinks, watched the ball drop and then we went home and to bed.  I was surprised we could all make it to midnight....  but such is the fate of the 40- and 50-somethings, that we are, right? My job is much less frustrating although I don't like it much, but until I find something I'm more interested in, I am glad I have it.  My boss changed 2 years ago and that has made all the difference in the world - I have the support I need and the information/training that I need, and it's making a difference. We have only one cat left of the two - when this one goes (she's 14 so it won't be for a few years, we hope) we'll get two kittens.  Or two adult cats who need homes who are bonded, but honestly I've had very elderly cats for many years, complete with heart issues, daily medication needs, etc. for quite a few years and it would be just plain old fun to have kittens and start at the beginning of the age curve for once!  I know all the stuff about adopting the ones that can't be easily adopted, but someone needs to take the kittens, I'd like it to be us! We'd love to get a dog but we can't while we both are out of the house 11 hours/day.  Our house is great, I enjoy working in our garden so in the last nearly 6 years of ownership we've made many changes in our garden. This winter I think I'll finally paint the walls and take down some wallpaper that we inherited when we bought the house!  And this May will be our 5th wedding anniversary - as will it be for ALF and Kargiver should have had her 5th anniversary either this past fall or in the spring of 2012, I think.  I'd love to hear how DowntoEarth is doing, was glad to hear about Ridley although the news wasn't great as she no longer walks on her own.  I do miss reading her posts, though.  Would love to hear how the poster whose picture was the behinds of her husband and dogs and lived in NH was doing - but I can't remember her name.  Sarah something or other seemed to be her sister in law? Can't remember. Anyway, happy 2012!  My father has a real birthday this year because it's a leap year and our 5th anniversary is on a Saturday, the day we were married, so it feels like a "real" anniversary, too! 
    Posted by CT-DC[/QUOTE]

Hello Ct...Do you remember me? Congrats on all youir activities...I remember you and I am so grateful for your up-date....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Oh, I remember icer, who made the best wedding cake I've ever tasted for us!  AND a yummy groom's cake that was a carrot cake - I HATE carrot cake but everyone else said the cake was to die for....  and it did look beautiful!

If we lived in Massachusetts I'd have you make us a mini wedding cake for our 5th anniversary.  Hmmm... my parents will be coming down in May, perhaps I'll have them bring one?  I'll have to remember what kind of cake we had, but I think it was strawberry yumminess on one layer, chocolate on another.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: It's been a long time, friends!:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I remember icer, who made the best wedding cake I've ever tasted for us!  AND a yummy groom's cake that was a carrot cake - I HATE carrot cake but everyone else said the cake was to die for....  and it did look beautiful! If we lived in Massachusetts I'd have you make us a mini wedding cake for our 5th anniversary.  Hmmm... my parents will be coming down in May, perhaps I'll have them bring one?  I'll have to remember what kind of cake we had, but I think it was strawberry yumminess on one layer, chocolate on another.... 
    Posted by CT-DC[/QUOTE]

I am glad to be remembered...sorry I guess I forgot to check this thread

6. This post has been removed.