Am I misunderstanding something?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Am I misunderstanding something?

Hi people - nice to see some folks back. Here's my dilemma ( because you know it's all about me right, ha, ha) I had an internet date last week and actually has a very good time. We had a lot in common, he liked me, I liked him...blah, blah,blah. We made plans to meet for a film the next day. I get an email from him that day asking me if I wanted to "come over" and watch a DVD instead. Well, I said no, I was pissed because I know what "come over" implies and I had only known the dude for 3 hours. So I politely declined and haven't returned any of his calls oe emails. Am I overreacting ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

Re: Am I misunderstanding something?

Yup, you're overreacting.   When you declined did you tell him what was bothering you?  You should if you didn't,  I don't think it's too late. And what's his tone like in the emails and phone calls that you're not returning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bolter. Show bolter's posts

Hi people - nice to see some folks back. Here's my dilemma ( because you know it's all about me right, ha, ha) I had an internet date last week and actually has a very good time. We had a lot in common, he liked me, I liked him...blah, blah,blah. We made plans to meet for a film the next day. I get an email from him that day asking me if I wanted to "come over" and watch a DVD instead. Well, I said no, I was pissed because I know what "come over" implies and I had only known the dude for 3 hours. So I politely declined and haven't returned any of his calls oe emails. Am I overreacting ?
    Posted by trublusu

yeah you sound like the ytpe that overeacts  alot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

it's a recession, maybe he was being cash-conscious. although your assumption was probably right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

tru, like big W i'd like to know what the tone of his emails, messages are?  he may not have just been looking for a little easy fun -- but the tone of his emails probably would tell you -- i would have just told him you weren't comfortable going to someone's house you just met -- if he was "normal" he would understand

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yes, you are overreacting. It's possible he meant nothing by it.  I say give him another chance. If he starts acting like a jerk or like he just wants to "get some" rather than get to know you, then cut him loose.  But for now, give him another shot.  HTH!

BTW, "come over" doesn't necessarily mean something. "Come over and I'll cook you dinner", however, generally does.  It's dependent on the people involved, but cooking dinner usually involves more than dinner. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

it's a recession, maybe he was being cash-conscious. although your assumption was probably right.
    Posted by scauma82

That's the other thing I was thinking....maybe he didn't want to spend any money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Yup, you're overreacting.   When you declined did you tell him what was bothering you?  You should if you didn't,  I don't think it's too late. And what's his tone like in the emails and phone calls that you're not returning?
    Posted by BigWillie2

Well, Will - in my past experince, being invited to "come over" only means one thing. Let's just say I've been in some uncomfortable situations when I've agreed to "come over" before. I think I did the right thing, I feel it in my gut. Too bad though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bolter. Show bolter's posts

sounds like if scuama calls you up and sez come over, hell be there for you but he wont marry you, youll be going home with a taste in you mouth!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

Well, Will - in my past experince, being invited to "come over" only means one thing. Let's just say I've been in some uncomfortable situations when I've agreed to "come over" before. I think I did the right thing, I feel it in my gut. Too bad though...
    Posted by trublusu

I'm sure your instincts correctly picked up on his original intent then.  But does that have to mean game over?   Maybe if you let him know,  he'd cool his jets and go slower.  You'll never find out by ignoring him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Yes, game over - one thing I want to avoid is playing games, I'm too old for that anymore.

Anyway, glad to be back on the boards, I hope some people come back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

sounds like if scuama calls you up and sez come over, hell be there for you but he wont marry you, youll be going home with a taste in you mouth!
    Posted by bolter

is that really neccessary?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

Yes, game over - one thing I want to avoid is playing games, I'm too old for that anymore. Anyway, glad to be back on the boards, I hope some people come back.
    Posted by trublusu

what makes you think he's playing games? even if he did want you to come over for you know what why does that mean he's playing games? maybe he thought you'd be as interested as he would so he took a chance. as long as he's not making a big deal out of it or getting upset at you not coming over i'd think it'd be ok to keep seeing him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

I'm sorry it didn't work out.  I have been reading those POF forums lately, in part because there's nothing going on here.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some of the horror stories.  You got off easy.  No, scratch that - you gave up to easy!  You ought to go back and find out what was really going on in this guys head, I thought you said you liked him?

edit: yeah, what scauma said.  Game was my word, and it was a figure of speech.  If there's any game playing going on, you're the one initiating it tru.  Sorry, just call them as I see them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

And i agree with BigWillie2 here, the game playing hasnt started yet, if Tru were to ask him his intentions, so there is no misunderstanding (i am not saying there is or isn't), and he says, of course not, there is nothing out there i want to see and would love to watch my all time favorite movie here AND then was all over her when she got there, then THAT would be playing games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

And i agree with BigWillie2 here, the game playing hasnt started yet, if Tru were to ask him his intentions, so there is no misunderstanding (i am not saying there is or isn't), and he says, of course not, there is nothing out there i want to see and would love to watch my all time favorite movie here AND then was all over her when she got there, then THAT would be playing games.
    Posted by JEnvie

May be true, but I didn't want to take the chance that he would be all over me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

I'm sorry it didn't work out.  I have been reading those POF forums lately, in part because there's nothing going on here.  I didn't know there are forums, I will have to check it out. See if you can find me - age 37 to 47 within a 10 mile radius of 02127. My screen name will give me away.
    Posted by trublusu

what's POF? that plenty-of-fish site? i read an article about the guy who started that site, he pays himself 5mil a year and works about 30mins a day, nice life if you can get it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Another 600 hits.  So what's your position on biker dudes?  Do you have one? I have to run to a mtg, be back in an hour....
    Posted by BigWillie2
    That's me!! Good job!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

I'm back, short mtg thank god.  Good idea, erasing these afterwards!   Armed with that I think I can temporarily make my profile public and give you hints to finding it, I just need to know when you're reading.  Tomorrow at lunch? I can do it now actually, if you haven't left the forum for the day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I'm back, short mtg thank god.  Good idea, erasing these afterwards!   Armed with that I think I can temporarily make my profile public and give you hints to finding it, I just need to know when you're reading.  Tomorrow at lunch? I can do it now actually, if you haven't left the forum for the day.
    Posted by BigWillie2
    You can just email me through POF

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[QUOTE]Ah, it wants me to have a real acct, with a pic.  If you search yahoo, do a 45-to-49, within 5 miles of Concord, MA.  

I'm not on yahoo, but I can still search I think. Sign up with POF, it's free and it's all the same yahoos that are on Yahoo anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Scauma, post a pic, you look like calm and Charlie Brown right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

Scauma, post a pic, you look like calm and Charlie Brown right now.
    Posted by trublusu

i most certainly would not post a pic online, i guess i could send you one if you wanted...although i doubt you would.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

most certainly would not post a pic online, i guess i could send you one if you wanted...although i doubt you would.
    Posted by scauma82

Just post an avatar pic, like my Patrick Swayze pic here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

oh, that's what you meant. i haven't really looked into what's doable on the new boards, don't really care much to either. so to answer your question, i probably won't be posting an avatar pic.

Sections
Shortcuts