are women turned off by gapped teeth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrispatriotsox. Show chrispatriotsox's posts

are women turned off by gapped teeth?

ok by the post you can tell of have issues with my smile.

i hate my smile and have been to a bunch dentists that want to charge me thousands of dollars to fix it, that i don't have.

now my gap between my two front teeth isn't all that huge its about 1/8th of inch but its still there and bugs me to no end because i think women are turned off by it

when i took a straw pole of my women friends (i work in the medical field so i have a lot) most said they never noticed and some said it wasn't a big deal but these are women that i have and they don't have a personal interest in me but they tell me they think am hot lol one women said i have tommy lee jones' smile is that a good thing? my gap is smaller then his

but i don't know what too think this has been driving me nuts my whole life and just need to know, are women turned off by gapped teeth?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: are women turned off by gapped teeth?

Well, it's hard to tell without seeing your smile.  However, first off, we ALL tend to imagine our flaws as MUCH bigger and more noticable than everyone else actually sees them as.

That being said, a gap between your two front teeth is not part of our society's "ideal" look.  But, is it a turn off?  Probably not, especially given your description of people's reaction to your poll and of the tiny nature of the gap itself.  No one has a perfect face, body, whatever.  What turns a woman on is personal, and your gap, while front and center in your mind, may be overshadowed by your fabulous, bright eyes or striking cheekbones, or whatever else.  It's just one part of your face, and I'm sure not everyone is drawn to staring at and hating it like you do every time you see yourself.

Try to relax and accept that everyone has things about their appearance they'd probably change if given the free, instant, and painless opportunity, and none of us are ruined by it.

Attraction is way too complicated to boil down to the little gap between your teeth.  And smile - your joy from your heart is attractive. Self confidence is attractive.  A man that hangs his frowning head in shame over a little gap between his teeth...now that's a turn off.

~kar

P.S.  I find Tommy Lee Jones to be ruggedly handsome and attractive, and I don't imagine him with a gap between his teeth; I guess I wasn't aware of it.  If the women you asked didn't even notice, take that at face value (no pun intended).

P.S.S.  I've been considering this further...  It seems that men, too, are not immune to comparing themselves unfairly and unreasonably to the air brushed photos of stars who, in addition, have had high priced "perfection" surgery.  Women get the attention for this, but men can succumb to poor self images, too, for this ridiculous standard that bombards our consciousness and subconsciousness all day, every day.  Free yourself; just decide to be confident in being the REAL man with the REAL face you have.  That's attractive.  Confidence shows through your expression, posture, tone of voice, ...everything, and that far out does any physical "flaw" you may perceive about yourself.  You are a real person, and that's nothing to be ashamed of...right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

Maybe it's time for an eye exam, but I cannot see a gap in Tommy Lee's smile:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yeah, I didn't know Tommy Lee Jones had a gap in his teeth either.  If the OP's gap is like that, then I don't think anyone would even notice. 

If your gap is like Dennis Leary's, then yeah, it's kind of heinous.  But I don't have perfectly straight teeth either [I have a tiny gap where one of my eye teeth overlaps another tooth just a little bit] and I've gotten though life perfectly fine.  I used to work w/ a woman who had a gap like Dennis Leary's and honestly, you stopped seeing it after a while. Maybe it helped that she was otherwise gorgeous.  If you present yourself w/ confidence, no one is going to notice a small imperfection like a minor gap in your teeth. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

Is it ... 

Or ... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

LMAO!  yeah, if you have a gap like Letterman's it's probably okay.  If it's like the second photo, you probably want to start saving your pennies to get that fixed.  lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

QUOTE]Maybe it's time for an eye exam, but I cannot see a gap in Tommy Lee's smile:
    Posted by BigWillie2[/QUOTE]
    Love him except in that stupid cheerleader movie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[QUOTE]ok by the post you can tell of have issues with my smile. i hate my smile and have been to a bunch dentists that want to charge me thousands of dollars to fix it, that i don't have. now my gap between my two front teeth isn't all that huge its about 1/8th of inch but its still there and bugs me to no end because i think women are turned off

Maybe you don't smile enough because you are self concious and the women you meet think you are cranky?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

[QUOTE][QUOTE]Maybe it's time for an eye exam, but I cannot see a gap in Tommy Lee's smile: Posted by BigWillie2[/QUOTE] Love him except in that stupid cheerleader movie.
    Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE]

Good mooorning Tru! (in my best sing-song voice).  What are you using for a browser? You always mangle the quote feature somehow, the left bracket gets dropped, breaking the rest.

I missed Tommy Lee in that movie. I haven't seen him in Batman yet either.  But generally I love him too.   Not in a Lindy Hop kind of way, more of a punch-the-shoulder, have-a-beer-you-big-lug way.   Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

gaps seem to have worked ok for Dennis Leary, Letterman, and Lauren Hutton.

If you to to africa, you'll find that the gap is a sign of sexual prowress.

Chicks like to tongue the gap.  It's good for gently stimulating the clitt too.

Get it on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[QUOTE]Love him except in that stupid cheerleader movie. Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE] Good mooorning Tru! (in my best sing-song voice).  What are you using for a browser? You always mangle the quote feature somehow, the left bracket gets dropped, breaking the rest. I missed Tommy Lee in that movie. I haven't even seen him in Batman yet.  But generally I love him too.   Not in a Lindy Hop kind of way, more of a punch-the-shoulder, have-a-beer-you-big-lug way.  
    Posted by BigWillie2[/QUOTE] I cut out some dialouge because it's too long, we don't need to read the same posts over and over again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

the more you smile the more people can tell if they like the gap. 1/8th of an inch probably isn't noticable to others as much as it is to you.

personally, i find a smile to be one of the sexiest things about a man, gap or not. eyes and smile are the first things i notice. be confident in your smile and it will be a total turn on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I wouldn't worry about it... for every woman who is turned off by it there is one who likes it.  Everyone has different things they are or are not attracted to.  I'm a 5'1" woman and I'm sure there are some guys who find it adorable and some who think I'm too short.  Oh well! 
    I think actually that my best friend has a thing for gaps if you want the digits.  (Seriously, except for the digits part lol.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oh and to echo Sher - I love a nice big smile.  My fiance has awful teeth that he is hoping to straighten once he gets my dental insurance.  I could not care less because his smile lights up a room anyway!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

No, they normally enjoy gapped teeth of wealthier men.
    Perfect teeth but no money really gets their goat.
    The same is partially true for men and the attractiveness of women.
    For example,a man can overlook gapped teeth which happen to be connected to a wonderful physique.
    It's amazing how few men will mention the gapped teeth,smoking,beer drinking habits,religious affiliation,clothing,and shoes of a woman with a wonderful physique.It's nature's way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

People worry too much about their teeth. It's not your teeth, but your smile that matters. That is unless you have a mouth full of candy corn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

My husband has a gap in his teeth and both of my boys do too. I have very straight teeth, so my kids have my husband mouth. Anyway, I do not find in unatractive.....obviously. However, my husband is very self conscious about it and will not smile with his mouth open. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, but we are our own worst critics. I think my husband is handsome and I wouldn't change a thing about him....or his teeth!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

[QUOTE]It's amazing how few men will mention the gapped teeth,smoking,beer drinking habits,religious affiliation,clothing,and shoes of a woman with a wonderful physique.It's nature's way.
    Posted by TarheelChief[/QUOTE]

At least for 1 night. That truly is nature's way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pollux. Show pollux's posts

You feel insecure about your smile and maybe your insecurity is impacting how women perceive you.  I knew a guy once who was outright ugly but as I got to know him, he was confident and fun and I stopped noticing.  And then I dated him for awhile.

On a more practical note:  I have a gap between my front teeth that is simply closed up with bonding.  It's not the ideal way to do it -- which would probably be veneers or something similar -- but it's not at all noticeable (I just checked to see if I was deceiving myself) and I know it's not too expensive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrispatriotsox. Show chrispatriotsox's posts

[QUOTE]QUOTE]Maybe it's time for an eye exam, but I cannot see a gap in Tommy Lee's smile: Posted by BigWillie2[/QUOTE] Love him except in that stupid cheerleader movie.
    Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE]

my bad on the tommy lee thing the lady i worked with mentioned it that way i saw an old movie where he had must have had it fixed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrispatriotsox. Show chrispatriotsox's posts

thanx everyone maybe i just am making a too much of a big deal out of it

i'll smile more lol well i do smile a lot i just have this instant reaction to put my hand over my mouth when i do i notice it a lot in random party pics that i do that.

as for the tommy lee jones thing sorry about that a women i work with swears he used to have one i think when he played 2face in batman

but anyway thanx to you who posted and helpeed me out

Sections
Shortcuts