Books

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Books

I chose the wrong man to marry and I weighted that as 50% of the demise of the marriage.  

ETA:  If we'd done this workbook together beforehand, I would have called off the wedding:  Preparing for Marriage  It covered everything I believe is important and the FACT that we were ill-matched would have been blatently obvious less than 1/2 way through it.  Conversely, I know about the book because my second husband and I worked through the whole thing in pre-marital counseling (very difficult at times), and we proved that we were on the right track getting married.  It's written from a biblical perspective, though, so it's not for everyone.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Books:
    In Response to Re: Books : Kar, I think we are related! It's a little comforting to know someone else can say "been there, done that..." just wish it was under different circumstances.
    Posted by RogerTaylor

I hope you'll find my saying we're kindred spirits a compliment. :)   And, I'm actually enjoying the benefits of having gone through what I did in my very broken life.  You will, too.  We're on the same road, your just a few miles behind me, a little closer to your tragedies, further from your rewards.  See my footprints?  Keep walkin' tall, you're on the path that leads where you want to go. :)

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with CHC, RT.  I told myself, "NEVER again."  And, I meant it at the time.  But, I didn't stay there long in spite of myself.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The year of the divorce and the year I spent in counseling after it I was HURT and thought I might never be happy, again (as dumb as that might sound).  Then, badda bing, badda boom, I was OVER it and instead of hurt, I was ready to love someone for real.  (I'd have said, "...love someone, again," but I don't think I ever loved my ex; I loved a false idea of him, but that's an irrelevant story).

I predict your path will be similar.  Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, not hurt anymore.  And, it won't take as long as you think it will, but one can't be told that, I know.  That's why my closest friend just quietly nodded when I said I'd never date again.  He knew better but he was wise enough to keep that thought to himself.  Guess I'm not quite as wise as he was given I'm sitting here trying to convince you of something that's non-convincible.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

all be it
    ----

Albeit, RT, albeit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Hey RDG, do you know what happens when you play a country song backwards?????
    ----

The devil appears in my mirror?                     

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

...you get your wife back, your job back, you don't have a drinking problem, and you get your dog back!
    ----

Ha ha!

Freaky. Wink Don't want my alcoholic ex back; never had a drinking problem; my dog's been gone for almost 12 years, so that would be weird.

But funny, nonetheless. Smile

CHC is a very desirable woman, RT. Srsly. She has a good education, she's very pretty, she's a vegan, and she's kind to vulnerable people. Wouldn't it be great to have a Relationships Forum success story?                   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Ahh? Ok, I'll play...a lot not alot? What do I win?
    -----

You meant "not a lot"? My mistake, RT. I apologize.

Albeit:

al·be·it (ôl-bt, l-)
    conj.
    Even though; although; notwithstanding: clear albeit cold weather

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Self-help books never helped me. Frown Maybe because I think they're a cult.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Books:
    In Response to Re: Books : I think you secretly suspect all self help books are written by goose steppers.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

Tee hee. Laughing

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts