Books

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Books

CHC is a very desirable woman, RT. Srsly. She has a good education, she's very pretty, she's a vegan, and she's kind to vulnerable people. Wouldn't it be great to have a Relationships Forum success story?        

Sorry, I love veal!

Wink                                

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Surely RT qualifies - he's hilarious!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: Books:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Books : You get 3 points from the Russian judge for baiting a Vegan. I will joke with meat eaters if they are funny enough.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

Thank you for having a sense of humor and acknowledging my "lame" sense of humor!

Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Books : Agree that betrayal is hard to recover from - when you date someone that turns out to be untrustworthy it takes a LOT of reflection before you trust your own instincts again.  What is the saying ... the harder the end of a relationship, the more you will grieve for it - not just because of the relationship itself but also because of all of the lost work. Now as for the 35-45 year old woman and the kid thing ... I'm sorry but I think you are stereotyping.

My inability to understand betrayal comes from being a devoted monogamist when in a relationship.  I just can't wrap my head around the concept of cheating.  I'm not built that way.  I would find it easier to acknowledge the shortcomings of a relationship and end it as an adult then sabotage it by cheating!

In some ways I feel - I'm broken - that if I were more like other guy's and treated women like crap I'd be better off....yes I'm being factious!

So, in dealing with my hurt and anger I'm trying to understand what would motivate one to betray someone they say they love?????????????

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

"Look at your own style under conflict. Do you make it safe for the other person to talk about issues they feel strongly about?"

Yah, I do make it safe for the other person - IMHO - I listen and argue my point like an adult.  There are times during a conflict I listen and say nothing - I collect my thoughts, decide on the proper word choice and proceed. I'm a non-judgmental person and will listen to differing opinions.  I know enough too, that there are times that it's OK to disagree and that there is no right or wrong just differing opinions!
    Republican or Democrat?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In some ways I feel - I'm broken - that if I were more like other guy's and treated women like crap I'd be better off....yes I'm being factious!
    ----

"More like other guys"? I know I'm a naïf, but I like to think most men prefer to treat their women well.

RogerTaylor, you're still reeling. The betrayal is still new to you. You married a c*nt and were betrayed by another, but there are good women out there.

But it's always something in possibilities, isn't it? You don't want more children; I won't take even a morsel of veal. Ships keep passing in the night. Maybe all of us should loosen our hard limits. I could let you have your veal, you could let be fine with a woman with a child of her own. These are just examples. You're the one who used a word that I typically don't - compromise. I'm not suggesting that RT and rdg pull it together, but you, like me, like so many of us, have a laundry list that goes beyond monogamy. I'm monogamous, too; tried poly, I made a trainwreck out of it for the six (or more) of us. Undo your tie (if you wear one); undo my ribbons. We could all stand to be ... undone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Strong Democrat, leaning toward Green.

CHC, I'd never say anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]You're the one who used a word that I typically don't - compromise.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

I don't understand? Compromise, my stipulative definition being two parties meeting half way in an effort to please all, is what allows me to have varied friends and not be judgmental of others.  I would gladly listen to what a vegan has to say about their lifestyle choice and If I was with a vegan and had to cook for her she could enjoy her tofu burger while I hunkered down on a slab of beef ribs!

I have both a boy and girl! without compromise we would have anarchy! And I have explained to my kids that it can't be all his way OR her way! There are times we have to compromise.

Think about it RDG, a guy picks you up for a date and tells you we are going to a restaurant that only serves meat! If you were a vegan wouldn't you be upset??? But, now I show up and say we're off to the meat restaurant and you say "could we go to XYZ? they serve both meat and vegan dishes?" - me being the great guy that I am compromise with you and take you to the place that "WE" can enjoy!...I'm hoping you can see the value in compromise by my simplistic, silly example.

Hard and fast - yes - I will not budge on children - if you have them fine, if not that's OK too - drugs or smoking NO WAY!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

As long as no-one forces me to eat veal, RT, I'm good.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I'm hoping you can see the value in compromise by my simplistic, silly example.
    ----

No, not silly. Rational. I guess I just don't like the word compromise. It reminds me of Neville Chamberlain (whom you're not). Although in terms of linguistic history it's richer than its sound in Modern English:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=compromise

compromise (n.) Look up compromise at Dictionary.com
    early 15c., "a joint promise to abide by an arbiter's decision," from M.Fr. compromis (13c.), from L. compromissus, pp. of compromittere "to make a mutual promise" (to abide by an arbiter's decision), from com- "together" (see com-) + promittere (see promise). The main modern sense of "a coming to terms" is from extension to the settlement itself (late 15c.). As a verb from mid-15c. Related: Compromised; compromising.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]I'm hoping you can see the value in compromise by my simplistic, silly example. ---- No, not silly. Rational. I guess I just don't like the word compromise. It reminds me of Neville Chamberlain (whom you're not). Although in terms of linguistic history it's richer than its sound in Modern English: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=compromise compromise (n.) early 15c., "a joint promise to abide by an arbiter's decision," from M.Fr. compromis (13c.), from L. compromissus , pp. of compromittere "to make a mutual promise" (to abide by an arbiter's decision), from com- "together" (see com- ) + promittere (see promise ). The main modern sense of "a coming to terms" is from extension to the settlement itself (late 15c.). As a verb from mid-15c. Related: Compromised ; compromising .

My stipulative definition trumps your literal definition by default...that's what makes it a stipulative definition - I say it is, therefore it is! Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

CHC: My dealbreakers (even if there is chemistry and an intellectual connection):
    -I won't consider going out with anyone who has already decided what kind of relationship he's looking for. he's either an idiot (because he doesn't realize that relationships take a life of their own) or incapable of real intimacy (and looking for a warm body that meets his 'list')

I'm not sure what you mean here? Could you offer a little clarity? I'm missing something...not sure what, but I know I'm missing something.

Thank you

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Books : I see this a lot online.  A guy is looking for his Soul Mate.  Or his Best Friend.  Or a FWB.  On one level it might be descriptive of where the guy is emotionally.  On another level - a girl dates a guy and the relationship goes where it is going to go.  (Many) guys decide they want to get married (for example) and go find a girl that meets the 'potential wife' checklist.

Got it! OK! That's funny I never looked at a date that way... I just went with the flow and let it run its course....

QUESTION:

Should I change my on line dating profile?

Male meat eater seeking to change a vegan, republican to a meat eating, leftist with the hopes of finding my BFF, FWB and true love?

Wink

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

This is fun!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Oh God, no, Roger, you're not broken. Very funny, though. Just keep looking. I didn't want kids but do enjoy children. I know there are women who also don't want to have children. There are also women who won't cheat. Just take some time to get to know the women you are dating.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Back to books!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]

Mom!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

"Eye candy". As they say, "Reading is sexy!"

Sections
Shortcuts