EX-girlfriend issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

EX-girlfriend issues

I think you are in a no win situation and the ultimate result is going to be another break-up, so maybe you should cut your losses and take your pride and leave now...
    Does she have a new boyfriend? Did he go out with her in between you?
    With empathy....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

EX-girlfriend issues

Why the heck is your boyfriend hanging out w/ an ex-girlfriend? Now, if your boyfriend had a child w/ this woman, or if he had dated her for an extended period of time [5+ years], then I can see maintaining ties, but otherwise, don't we all have enough friends in our lives that we don't need to stay friends w/ an old lover w/ whom it didn't work out? I realize that people can be 'friends' w/ their exes, but doesn't that just entail being polite w/ them when they see them on the street or at a mutual friend's party? Or maybe doing something w/ a larger group of people at which the ex and his/her new love happen to be invited?

Why is he spending 1 on 1 time w/ this woman? I'm not a big believer in ultimatiums, but I think this is clearly a scenario where you have to put your foot down. Meeting up by happenstance, or sending emails is one thing, but having pseudo-dates w/ an ex is just freakin' bizarre. He shouldn't be trying to make either of you comfortable w/ the other. It's time for him to poop or get off the pot - sometimes you do have to choose. It's time for lover boy to put on his big boy pants and make a decision about which woman he wants to keep in his life.

BTW, if you do issue an ultimatum, be prepared to make good on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lapukas. Show lapukas's posts

EX-girlfriend issues

I'm with ALF, why on earth is your boyfriend still talking to this woman? His only concern should be your feelings and well being. He should tell his ex to back off and stop hanging out with her. The fact that he does still see her and gets defensive about her makes me think there may be something going on there. I would give him the ultimatum, it's either you our her if he would choose I would find yourself a man who loves you and you alone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

EX-girlfriend issues

I don't think you are having "ex-girlfriend issues" I think you are having real Boyfriend issues. This is his doing. he was catering to the ex's demand by allowing her to make the rules about meeting you. His loyalty needs to be to you not his ex. The only time exes can remain friends is when the feelings are gone (mutually from bith parties) and clearly this woman still has feelings for your BF or she wouldn't need to put restrictions on hanging out without you. It's good that he finally told her that she had to meet you or no more hanging out, but he really should have told her that if there are still feelings involved all contact needs to stop. He is being unfair to both of you and clearly hurting 2 people that he seems to care about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

EX-girlfriend issues

Indeed, he's not a keeper. If you're "totally in love," you must guard your heart better than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gdance9. Show gdance9's posts

EX-girlfriend issues

Shi132..I think you need to ignore these comments... They all sound like there from disgruntled women who must have just gotten burnt by their boyfriends. There was not one reference to your comment that you "love him more than you could tell us." I think a relationship takes work and does not always go as smoothly as you would like, but you said you appreciate that he was taking steps to alleviate the situation and that he gave her an ultimatum for his and your friendship. Sometimes guys can be thickheaded about things that seem to be so obvious to us.... but that doesn't mean that you should "give him his walking papers."

Hope things have gotten better for you (two)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expane. Show expane's posts

Re: EX-girlfriend issues

This doesn't sound like a "keeper" to me.  Take off the rose colored glasses and see it for what it is.  He wants to hang w/ his ex and he doesnt care how it makes you feel.   If you are going to keep him in the face of that, that's on you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Hey, if you're okay with your boyfriend having his cake and eating it, too . . .  that's your lookout, not his.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

I'm married. Wanna hang out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueOnTheDole. Show BlueOnTheDole's posts

Have nothing to do with her if u r not interested in her.  Tell him to have a grand time with the ex when they go out.  

Let the chips fall where they may.  And, oh yes, they will fall.  

Please don't let anyone in your life tell you who you need to be friends with.

You heard it here.

Blue, Dole Pineapple

Sections
Shortcuts