Ex wants to have sex

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Re: Ex wants to have sex

In Response to Ex wants to have sex:
    [QUOTE]Need to get this out of my head and off mychest - my ex stopped by to pick up something.  While he was at my home he just wanted to "put it out there" that he was available anytime to have sex.  Nothing emotional - just physical sex.  I said "no thanks" - and he was like "well, the offer is there".    Unbelievable....  I am over him, recently engaged and words can't express how I feel.  Anyways... that's it.
    Posted by Lostintheconfusion[/QUOTE] Kinda rude of him, considering he's engaged. I wouldn't have been as polite as you. Good luck with your new guy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think the OP is the one engaged making it even more rude!

Sorry you had to deal with this.  However, try to look at it like this.  You were very, very wise to break up with him and are headed toward a bright future.  Many women don't leave men that turn out to be awful husbands.  You did the right thing!  Take heart in that and move on in happiness with your fiance.

Blessings!

~kar

P.S.  Take it as a compliment, by the way.  Another way to look at it and smile!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Well, I'm sure there was a reason you guys broke up in the first place.  Add the fact that he's classless boor to that list.  lol.  His insensitive stupidity should make you value your FI that much more.  Just laugh and forget about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

A part of me agrees with the others.  You're in a happier place now, forget it and move on.

But because you posted here another part of me wants to pick at this a little. Are you distressed because you expected better than dog behaviour from him, or because this is the kind of behaviour you know to expect from him?

Either way, he pulled a jerk move.  I hope you can put him solidly in your past. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostintheconfusion. Show Lostintheconfusion's posts

I wasn't distressed as much as I was rather shocked.  He is the one who bailed four years ago for greener pastures... need I say more.  It is what it is!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

In Response to Re: Ex wants to have sex:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't distressed as much as I was rather shocked.  He is the one who bailed four years ago for greener pastures... need I say more.  It is what it is!
    Posted by Lostintheconfusion[/QUOTE]

First, let's purge "is what it is" along with other statements like "gourmet" anchovies or "designer" radiator bolts, etc. It is not what it is. It is what we allow or turn a blinds eye to.

You have every right to be put off and though you moved on like most others would the expectations of someone's respect of us usually falls short of their actual capability to do so.

Congratulations on your new life! It is what you made it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ex wants to have sex : First, let's purge "is what it is" along with other statements like "gourmet" anchovies or "designer" radiator bolts, etc. It is not what it is. It is what we allow or turn a blinds eye to. You have every right to be put off and though you moved on like most others would the expectations of someone's respect of us usually falls short of their actual capability to do so. Congratulations on your new life! It is what you made it!
    Posted by Bubs06[/QUOTE]

spoken like a true bubs.............  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ex wants to have sex : spoken like a true bubs.............  :)
    Posted by ariesgirl[/QUOTE]

Thanks Aries!

I am not sure where I read this so anonymous credit given to some publication. It was a phrase coined: "Pride-Shame Rubicon"

In essence there is a line (river for you history buffs) where actions you were proud of are now actions to be ashamed of after crossing that line or age or experience level or.....

Kind of like hiding a hangover at work rather than boasting about it. Or something like this above.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't distressed as much as I was rather shocked.  He is the one who bailed four years ago for greener pastures... need I say more.  It is what it is!
    Posted by Lostintheconfusion[/QUOTE]

Looks like his grass wasn't greener, after all.  The irony.  He's miserable and you're getting married to, hopefully, a guy with a lot more class.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyNoel. Show JoyNoel's posts

Maybe the fact that you're engaged has made you seem more desirable to him.  He knows that another man sees how wonderful you are and it's the old saying:  he doesn't want you but he doesn't want anyone else to have you either.  He knows if you did take him up on his offer, he could easily find a way to ruin your impending marriage.  Too bad you can't kick him out of your life completely(kids?).  So just put him on the "ignore" button inside your head.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

kar took the words out of my mouth exactly ... four years later and guess what? you are the greener pasture.

You must have tried to maintain some kind of friendship with him if he's still dropping by. Time to torpedo that relationship - you're best interests aren't his primary concern.

Best of luck with your new guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

I actually wanted to amend my last post.  It occured to me that maybe as your ex you have to maintain a relationship with him (kids, pets, whatever), not so much a friendship.  If you do have to stay in touch with him I am sorry.  Ick. 

Still.  Kind of gratifying? 

Best wishes.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostintheconfusion. Show Lostintheconfusion's posts

[QUOTE]I actually wanted to amend my last post.  It occured to me that maybe as your ex you have to maintain a relationship with him (kids, pets, whatever), not so much a friendship.  If you do have to stay in touch with him I am sorry.  Ick.        Still.  Kind of gratifying?  Best wishes.     
    Posted by Ginger-[/QUOTE]

Actually I do have to maintain a relationship with him (two kids - one in college).  I don't believe he understands the concept of boundaries and inappropriateness.  He is a man trapped in a 47 year old body and the mindset of a 20 year old.  Anyways... thanks for your comments - they made my day!