Is he a cheater or just a guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy?

In Response to Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy? : Boy, stop the angst and get on board the Cosmo train. All of this second guessing is solved with eye contact and a healthy "what's this all about?" chat. A long pause to answer or the dreaded look away means split the books and LP's up and move on.
    Posted by Bubs06[/QUOTE]

lps?  what century are you living in dinosaur?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

LPs keep kids safe. They are the only recordings you can listen to backwards to check for satanic messages. Fact: statistics indicate that just under 73% of hip hop and heavy metal songs contain such messages, often without the performers' knowledge. The Deceiver has made significant inroads of evil into the big record labels, and those labels are out to corrupt our children. Do not buy CDs or especially, MP3s, as these are the devil's mouthpiece. And you will not know your children have fallen into Lucifer's clutches until they begin masturbating furiously, piercing their bodies, and dressing like sodomites.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Maybe he is on an online dating site to stroke his ego.....it makes him feel more attractive if other women besides Cambridge are interested. I think many men and women who are online are not really serious about dating....just fishing for compliments.
    Another thing - if she will be spending 2 weeks a month with him in the new city....why doesn't she just move there?....You would think if he was serious about her he would have asked her to move with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy? : lps?  what century are you living in dinosaur?
    Posted by JEnvie[/QUOTE]

Gee, JE, kind of harsh aren't we? So what happened here? Conclusion? Fight? Breakup? Marriage? CTRL-ALT-DEL the guy? (Oops, Triassic types don't use such terms) :-)

You wouldn't be a Jet fan would you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntersmama72. Show huntersmama72's posts

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HES A LITTLE TO PERFECT!! WATCH OUT FOR HIM!! NO MAN GIVES GIFTS UNLESS THEY HAVE TO OR THEY MESSED UP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

[QUOTE]SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HES A LITTLE TO PERFECT!! WATCH OUT FOR HIM!! NO MAN GIVES GIFTS UNLESS THEY HAVE TO OR THEY MESSED UP!
    Posted by huntersmama72[/QUOTE]

Or they feel guilty for cheating, and are trying to appease their guilt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy? : Or they feel guilty for cheating, and are trying to appease their guilt.
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]
    thats what the poster alluded to in their last sentence

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy? : thats what the poster alluded to in their last sentence
    Posted by JEnvie[/QUOTE]

Oh, I had assumed "messed up" implied a mistake, rather than something done intentionally like sneaking round behind gfs back for a bit of slap-and-tickle. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, cheating is never a mistake, an unpurposeful act.  It's always purposeful, but people confuse that all the time.  Even in an apology, "I'm sorry I made a mistake by cheating," is a lie.  The truth would be, "I am sorry I purposefully went behind your back and outside our exclusive relationship to have sex with someone else."   Now, that's an apology for what actually happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frasky. Show Frasky's posts

It doesn't matter if she confronts him. Doesn't matter what he says when she confronts him. She will never know if his response is the truth or not. The fact is, she will never trust him now. Best to get out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Aries, are you ready for the storm?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

[QUOTE]This is the OP. Yes, I finally confronted him and he lied through his teeth. He told me that his ex-GF, who is a bit of a psycho, created the profile to try and get him in trouble. I know what he uses for a password so I logged into the account and found that, although he had not emailed anyone, he had saved a number of profiles. I also saw that he paid for the account with his credit card. When I mentioned that someone paid for the account and asked to see his credit card, which of course matched, he said that she must also have access to his credit card. It was a little unbelievable that he was stupid enough to just keep lying. He acted all mad at his ex for trying to trap him and said that he was hurt that I believed he would do something like that. I am a little bit amazed that he thinks I am dumb enough to believe it all. I am totally out. I am very angry and of course feeling quite revengeful at the moment. Any ideas?
    Posted by CambridgeGrl2[/QUOTE]

Well young lady, sorry you have to go through this but remember that while a person can change most everything about themselves, stupid is forever. Really stupid is incurable.

And this guy's brain is neither right nor left side. It is further south and middle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Why would you waste another minute on this guy?  Schedule a hair appointment, massage or facial, or all of the above.  Get all pretty and shiny and then go out w/ friends.  Forget about the doofus. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]Aries, are you ready for the storm?
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

Yes Calm, I have my box of wine, scented candles, fried chicken in a bucket and Barry White on the CD player.  Only thing missing is you.  And the snowplow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is he a cheater or just a guy? : Well young lady, sorry you have to go through this but remember that while a person can change most everything about themselves, stupid is forever. Really stupid is incurable. And this guy's brain is neither right nor left side. It is further south and middle.
    Posted by Bubs06[/QUOTE]

Good call Bubs,  don't need a GPS to find that location!   He must be the brother or distant relative of a few of the men I have dated!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

I'm a natural skeptic,  and the OP's description of events no longer adds up.   Mister Wonderful turned into the World's Worst Liar awfully quick.  Too quick. He also seems far too bad at lying to have really pulled the wool over the OP's eyes for many months.  And now she's soliciting revenge advice?

This all sent me looking at the OP's history.  Her very first post under her current handle has yet a third description of the early days of Mister Wonderful.  There are three sides to every story.   Seems to me that version 1.0 might be the closest to the actual truth:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aLifestyleForum%3a9664Discussion%3afcbac3eb-2f33-4910-8cf3-e258ded89cca

For those who don't want to follow that link,  Mr W seems to have made it abundantly clear that he wanted to date multiple people.  And the OP was having trouble accepting this.  And, oh yeah, she was spying on him way back then ("of course I had to go look").   One wonders if there really was "a friend" in this other city filling the OP in with the current events, or if she's just trying to make her self look better in this telling.  But all of this is understandable and more or less normal.

However, she apparently didn't take any of the consensus advice from her friends or anonymous Internet Shrinks back then, so no reason to think she will now.  But on the odd chance she does listen for a change: 

The Guy can't give you what you require, he never promised to even try, rather he told you where he was coming from. You chose to dream up an alternate reality that you liked better, and now it's falling apart.  Time to drop it and move on.  

-Signed,  Just a Guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

If I could "like" Alf's post, I would.  Stop wasting time on this guy, even for revenge.  Take the classy road and forget about revenge.  Do something fun for yourself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72. Show a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72's posts

Gotta agree with Slim.  Some people tend to use forums like this as a writing exercise to see who they can get to beleive their stories.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Hmmm, was it something I said?  The OP has pulled up stakes.  Was she a troll, or just a drama queen?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from catnmouse. Show catnmouse's posts

Post gone?

Sections
Shortcuts