Need friend advice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Need friend advice

Some friends are life long relationships, but most aren't.  They do things like this that weed them out of your life as not worth the emotional investment you'd have to keep making in them for the long haul.  You are a limited resource and must treat yourself with enough love and respect to remember that and act accordingly.  If your friends are draining the life out of you, something is wrong with your judgment.

If she doesn't believe you it means two things:  she'll not only lie to you but will never trust you.

Friends come and go in our lives as life changes and we grown and change ourselves.  It's not a selfish, bad thing to phase out friendships that aren't worth the emotional price tag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

You and your friend need to grow up.

If you can't figure out what each other says/means over IMs and Blackberrys and notes passed in class, etc., then maybe you need to ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE FACE TO FACE. IN REAL TIME. The way God intended.

This is just more proof that the more we use electronics to "stay connected", the further removed we are from other people.

Put down your stupid Blackberry and start communicating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Look, if she really were your "best friend," your response to her saying "don't contact me" wouldn't be immediately to cut off all communication, including de-friending her from FB, which is (at best) extremely passive-aggressive for a close friend. You must not value the friendship very highly, if three simple words were enough for you to write her off.

You asked "how else was I supposed to take that?" Well, a real best friend would have taken a couple of days to cool off and then figured out a way to ask why she was really so upset about a simple misunderstanding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Technology is not the issue here.  It's her "friend's" distrust of her honest mistake and making a big dramatic deal over what she insists is a lie by someone she calls a friend meant to hurt and avoid her. 

But, yeah, they both have maturing to do.  The OP needs to mature enough to recognize that this is not a friendship worth its time, energy, and aggrevation.  And, the problem girl she writes about needs to grow some character.

ETA: RFBF, great point.  Neither of them are good friends to each other.  All the more reason to let this frindship go...for both of their sakes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

Hmmm, the OP has troll written all over "her".

Newly registered, only one post on record. Nothing after the initial post. 

Most revealing - she has the problems of a 12 year old, text messaging girl,  but she writes far too well to be such a creature.  Am I the only one noticing the disconnect?  OMG, OMG, OMG!  RUreal?

I'm stunned that a sage would fall for such nonsense.  Lucky for her it's a tenured position, otherwise she'd be in serious jeopardy.  Calm had the only response needed on this one, so how come it disappeared? It was a work of art.

As long as I'm here, where's trublusu?  Did she ever get her meal ticket punched? 

-Signed TAFKABW

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Thanks people. I come back and post once and you guys get all in a bunch. Its obvious who did this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Oh,
    To me her standard of english for a 15-year old girl is normal. However, it is possible in Boston that this might seem above-average, having seen the young people around here. Still, true or not its a pretty boring problem to be solving. Some silly kids got into a squabble as they do and fell out as they do. And amazingly, like little girls do, stopped talking to each other. Boring.
    I hope she kept the gift receipt for her BFFs xmas gift. 
    Yawn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

slim, dont be so quick to judge, perhaps this poster has been a long time reader and just now decided that she had a question on relationships

the only way to breath new life into this stagnant board is to be less judgmental and more accepting

imho

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, everyone started with one post...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

In Response to Re: Need friend advice:
    [QUOTE]the only way to breath new life into this stagnant board is to be less judgmental and more accepting imho
    Posted by tgihal[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's not it.  If we want to breath life into this board then we need to get back to what made it great in the first place. The OP coulda been a contenda. After all, who doesn't like a good cat fight? But the salient details were missing, the issue, boring. Calm was trying to guide the discussion to the proper place and someone shut him down. Shame, shame.

We need more stories from days of yore - brazilian wax episodes are forever. IM spats, not so much. We ask for diamonds, don't send us broken glass. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Does anyone know if TruBlu got married? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know if TruBlu got married? 
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

Wow - I must have missed a lot.  Have been living in a cave for the past 6 months. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

I don't believe it.  Her Man Picker stunk to high heaven. But if she did find a keeper I'm going with either a Lobsterman or the manager of a Local Fine Dining Establishment. Free Food will be in the mix, you can take that to the Bank.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from catnmouse. Show catnmouse's posts

My goodness, let the friendship die.  Stupid childish games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

It was a great wedding.  I married a George Clooney and am now residing Italy in his one of his mansions.....I'm surprised you didn't see us on the cover of People.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

I saw you on the cover of the Enquirer; you'd gained 150 lbs, looked kinda sallow, and they said you had herpes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm, the OP has troll written all over "her". Newly registered, only one post on record. Nothing after the initial post.  Most revealing - she has the problems of a 12 year old, text messaging girl,  but she writes far too well to be such a creature.  Am I the only one noticing the disconnect?  OMG, OMG, OMG!  RUreal? I'm stunned that a sage would fall for such nonsense.  Lucky for her it's a tenured position, otherwise she'd be in serious jeopardy.  Calm had the only response needed on this one, so how come it disappeared? It was a work of art. As long as I'm here, where's trublusu?  Did she ever get her meal ticket punched?  -Signed TAFKABW
    Posted by SlimPickensII[/QUOTE]

i agree.  or 2 immature kids

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maggieagnes. Show maggieagnes's posts

TheOP needs to fire her as a "friend"  'cause she is not a friend...plain and simple, the one who felt ignored is a whining attention seeking brat who expects everyone elses world to revolve around her....I fired a "friend on my 40th bday- (we had been college roomates and in touch for many years) but TOOO MUCH DRAMA for me, and she was always so wrapped in her issues that mne didnt matter....anyhoo, I fired off a letter to her and never heard from her again......so Im guessing she really wasnt a friend to start with....and I dont moss the drama.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

[QUOTE]I actually don't think this is all that uncommon. The two friends have different conflict resolution styles: One friend has a pattern of silence (withdraw e.g. delete facebook accounts) The other friend has a pattern of violence (in this case, anger at being ignored) The only way to resolve this is for one of them to break the pattern.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

i just have one question.  if you were accumstomed to texting, and once you text, it really becomes habit forming, would you not know that your IM was turned off?   or is she the only friend that he texts to? (OP, please "splain" more)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from angelinastones. Show angelinastones's posts

there is always way to find a wy to make you and your friend to be a good friends again. It maybe a childish act of your friend or you, but it doesn't mean you need to end it up right? all you have to do, is to reconcile to your friend, it will make you both feel good.