New Years Resolutions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

New Years Resolutions

Guys ot number gals? Not a chance!
    no kidding -- you will be golden there

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

New Years Resolutions

Hi Will,

Glad to hear about the dancing, are all these Tango Dudes straight? i'm taking a dance class too, but it's excercise dance and it's all women, but it's really fun. Are you still living with the soon to be ex ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

New Years Resolutions

Tru, I miss you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigWillie2. Show BigWillie2's posts

New Years Resolutions

i think not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

New Years Resolutions

[Quote]My West Coast Swing class's start date got pushed back a week b/c of the snow. But I also somehow got roped into taking Tango, which has started. Guys outnumber the Women in that one. I came with a partner but since the Instructor kept having us switch partners, I found myself dancing with a 6-6 Guy at one point, and a 120 year old geezer know-it-all at another. This is one of my more brilliant moves. Even though I only see my partner for 5 minutes at the beginning and 5 at the end, I feel like I can't bail. I hope the Swing thing is better, but at least I'll be going to that alone and can jump ship if the numbers aren't in my favor.

This board is dead. Since they caught I-Care and have him in a padded cell I feel it's my civic duty to entertain the 3 of you still reading. And I will, at least until they catch up with me and toss me in there with him. By then I should be tangoing up a storm. How tall are you I-Care?[/Quote]

Big Willie, that is SO weird that you have more guys in your dance class than ladies. Don't worry; I'm sure next class will be better - some of the men will likely drop out. The first 2 classes are usually pretty full, but then once the novelty wears off [and the ones with no patience realize that they aren't going to immediately meet a hot chick or guy that they can get cozy with] the class size gets a bit smaller and more evenly balanced. :-) So hang in there! I've been in classes where the women outnumbered the men and had to dance w/ women. It's not THAT bad, but, then again, girls tend to not have a problem dancing w/ other girls. I can see where you got weirded out dancing w/ other guys, esp if you were doing the tango w/ an 120 yo know it all. lol. Tell him you'll only dance w/ him again if you get to hold the rose between your teeth. At least you will have good stories to tell the women you will date in the future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

New Years Resolutions

So, are are going to really learn dancing or to pick up broads?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

New Years Resolutions

You can and should do both, more power to you! I think I'm giving up on dating...I'm finding I don't really like it much, the small talk, being scruntinized, wondering if you "meet the criteria" - it's very stressful to me. I should have a better attitude about it, but I just can't. I think if I could just meet one male person that I could trust, I might have a better outlook on dating, but in all my years I still haven't met a single one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

New Years Resolutions

Guys ot number gals? Not a chance!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

New Years Resolutions

Well Will, it's official, it's just you, me and the batman left on b.com.

Do you play pub trivia?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

New Years Resolutions

[Quote]

The dancing will be at a place in Newton called Dancing Feats. I'm a little nervous going there by myself. If Guys outnumber Gals then I probably won't go back after the first lesson.[/Quote]

sounds fun. There are always tons of women at dance classes, don't worry! I think that's West Coast Swing Dancing, is that right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

New Years Resolutions

Hey, Big Willie! Congrats on your resolutions!

About the cholesterol -- mine was *way* higher a few years ago...and my liver enzymes increased when I took lipitor. I don't know if your doctor has prescribed that for you. I'm sure your doctor is aware of your current levels...

One mistake I made, in my diligence of addressing my cholesterol: I went into a "low fat" mode of shopping, and over time, I got a little lazy about reading the labels. I forgot that, in processing to reduce fats, producers add sugar to add taste. So although t6he food I bought was "low fat" (which i thought was good for my cholesterol), it was actually high in sugar.
    Over time, therefore, although I got my cholesterol under control (it's now in normal range), my blood sugar went up. Just a month ago, I was told that I am "pre-diabetic" Diabetes II.

I've met with a nutritionist, who has given me some *great* guidelines about how -- exactly -- to read the labels in the grocery store, and how to balance what you eat/when/how. I wonder if your doctor would refer you to a nutritionist?

So, I've now brought my blood sugar down considerably...

But two major lessons I've learned: Look at the labels, and shop the perimeter of the grocery store (where the fresh fruits and veggies, dairy, fish and meat are).

Good luck! Great resolutions!

Amethyst

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg-is-back. Show eg-is-back's posts

New Years Resolutions

Good luck with your resolutions. I find exercise helps regulate blood sugar a lot, and it's always good to eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Let us know how 3,4, and 5 go. Where are you taking dance classes?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

New Years Resolutions

I see the batmans back - where is everybody else? I hope on vacation somewhere sunny!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

New Years Resolutions

[Quote]My dance partner's theory is that since Tango is so ... intimate, single women tend to feel uncomfortable going alone. I sure could've used this information last week. I'll test this theory when that other, less intimate class finally does start.

Since I'm in now, I'll take the long view and roll with it. A few minutes with a Serbian basketball player and John McCain's Father is a small price to pay. Tango and Swing skills, along with my award winning good looks, personality, and trademarked modesty, will kill the ladies, just as soon as the Lawyers - and tru - say it's okay to unleash me back into the Wild.[/Quote]

LOL! That's the right attitude to have.

I think your partner has a weird idea re the tango. I had signed up for a ballroom class years ago, and we were supposed to learn to waltz, foxtrot, cha cha and tango. I was dying to learn to tango and was so pi$$ed when the slowskys in the class kept us behind learning a simple foxtrot so the teacher cut the tango! I took that class alone and had no qualms about tangoing w/ some random guy. It's the tango, for Pete's sake, not a lap dance! Actually, it could be kind of exciting to do a tango w/ some random guy.... Or maybe I'll just convince my husband to take a tango class w/ me. He did get me a ballroom dance DVD for Christmas, so I think he'll be game. :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

New Years Resolutions

[Quote]Yup West Coast Swing looks like the only thing they're teaching for the next stretch, but it looks like they cover many different styles. If this first one goes well I'll probably check out some more, especially the Latin stuff which seems to be all the rage with you crazy kids these day. Gack, I'm starting to even sound old.[/Quote]

Big Willie, if you can handle West Coast Swing, the merengue and salsa will be a piece of cake. None are hard. You should have a ball! Enjoy!

Sections
Shortcuts