old timers week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

old timers week

hey hey hey, it is almost like old times
    when i used to say things like that i would get a little lecture from queen, i know she was the bees knees to alot of you all, but i dropped off as i found her a tad too self involved and righteous
    i do hope she found happiness down in south carolina 
    amythest, one of my favorites, and a malden girl?  i lived there for about 5 years way back when
    keater, my friend, working for yourself and traveling?  way to go, that is a huge change
    my little bubsalah, just sayin
    honty, ytnoh, i cant for the life of me remember what you drank, i want to say beer or something like that...i do remember your favorite athlete, mr bo jackson
    (jack daniels, maybe?) and remember how stinking funny you were, and a bit of a romantic
    lukes, wondering, calm (my hero) 
    tru, do you have one of the truro car signs that say tru
    and hey hey, phillies 4 yankees 0 - wahoo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Re: old timers week

Hey, J'envie...

Yeah, I was thinking either beer, Jack Daniels (Jim Beam?) as Bubble's drink of choice,  I couldn't remember...

I like Malden, although it's seeing some sad times.  A lot of closed storefronts on Pleasant Street.  The Super Fitness, which was my gym, closed over a year ago and still hasn't been leased/sold.  Sigh...I guess the development of Route 1, and all the bix box stores there really did a number on it..

But enough of that...you sound good! 

Keater, congrats on striking out on your own (especially in this economy!).  What field are you in? 

Lukes?  Hi!  I enjoy your posts...always keep me thinking, and challenged.  i think Emma's a cutie! 

Calm, true and Aries...I wish I had the quick wit to banter the way you do!  Your reparte is a big part of the reason I lurk...

And liljess...hi!  I've gotten alot out of your posts about relationships and workplace issues.  Please keep posting!!

Hail, hail the gang's (just about) all here! 

Thanks all!

Maldenlady (formerly Amethyst)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

In Response to old timers week:
    hey hey hey, it is almost like old times when i used to say things like that i would get a little lecture from queen, i know she was the bees knees to alot of you all, but i dropped off as i found her a tad too self involved and righteous i do hope she found happiness down in south carolina  amythest, one of my favorites, and a malden girl?  i lived there for about 5 years way back when keater, my friend, working for yourself and traveling?  way to go, that is a huge change my little bubsalah, just sayin honty, ytnoh, i cant for the life of me remember what you drank, i want to say beer or something like that...i do remember your favorite athlete, mr bo jackson (jack daniels, maybe?) and remember how stinking funny you were, and a bit of a romantic lukes, wondering, calm (my hero)  tru, do you have one of the truro car signs that say tru and hey hey, phillies 4 yankees 0 - wahoo
    Posted by JEnvie

Hey JEnvie. Yes working for myself and traveling. Been to the Turks and Caicos Islands and Anguilla. Will be going back to Turks and Caicos first week of December. BTW, I drink Tanqueray and tonics.. (-;

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week:
    Hey, J'envie... Yeah, I was thinking either beer, Jack Daniels (Jim Beam?) as Bubble's drink of choice,  I couldn't remember... I like Malden, although it's seeing some sad times.  A lot of closed storefronts on Pleasant Street.  The Super Fitness, which was my gym, closed over a year ago and still hasn't been leased/sold.  Sigh...I guess the development of Route 1, and all the bix box stores there really did a number on it.. But enough of that...you sound good!  Keater, congrats on striking out on your own (especially in this economy!).  What field are you in?  Lukes?  Hi!  I enjoy your posts...always keep me thinking, and challenged.  i think Emma's a cutie!  Calm, true and Aries...I wish I had the quick wit to banter the way you do!  Your reparte is a big part of the reason I lurk... And liljess...hi!  I've gotten alot out of your posts about relationships and workplace issues.  Please keep posting!! Hail, hail the gang's (just about) all here!  Thanks all! Maldenlady (formerly Amethyst)
    Posted by Maldenlady

Hey Amethyst - thank God someone started a new thread!  It's good to see you come out of the lurkers closet and show your face!  although i'm not quite sure I can associate you with your new s/n now!  what can i tell you, i'm a creature of habit.  Who was the guy who used to make up all the lists all the time?  those could be pretty funny.  and what happened to blue?  we did used to have some good discussions and a Lot of sparring as well! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

Hey, J'envie... Yeah, I was thinking either beer, Jack Daniels (Jim Beam?) as Bubble's drink of choice,  I couldn't remember... I like Malden, although it's seeing some sad times.  A lot of closed storefronts on Pleasant Street.  The Super Fitness, which was my gym, closed over a year ago and still hasn't been leased/sold.  Sigh...I guess the development of Route 1, and all the bix box stores there really did a number on it.. But enough of that...you sound good!  Keater, congrats on striking out on your own (especially in this economy!).  What field are you in?  Lukes?  Hi!  I enjoy your posts...always keep me thinking, and challenged.  i think Emma's a cutie!  Calm, true and Aries...I wish I had the quick wit to banter the way you do!  Your reparte is a big part of the reason I lurk... And liljess...hi!  I've gotten alot out of your posts about relationships and workplace issues.  Please keep posting!! Hail, hail the gang's (just about) all here!  Thanks all! Maldenlady (formerly Amethyst)
    Posted by Maldenlady

Amethyst, How are you? I started a business doing medical software consulting about a year ago and was lucky that my first contract was with a large Boston specialty hospital that was going through a re-install of a product I've been around for the past 19 years. I'm my own boss and the only employee which is a great thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Amethyst, How are you? I started a business doing medical software consulting about a year ago and was lucky that my first contract was with a large Boston specialty hospital that was going through a re-install of a product I've been around for the past 19 years. I'm my own boss and the only employee which is a great thing.
    Posted by keater

Keater, do you get to fire yourself if you are not meeting expectations?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Keater, do you get to fire yourself if you are not meeting expectations?
    Posted by ariesgirl

Of course, but I always exceed expectations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Of course, but I always exceed expectations.
    Posted by keater

hmmmm we may need to get a few more opinions on that.  hey, this is a tough job market!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : hmmmm we may need to get a few more opinions on that.  hey, this is a tough job market!
    Posted by ariesgirl

Yes tough market, like I said I was very lucky to have a great first contract.

I saw on the encounter thread you were thinking about setting up a reunion thing. Are you going to put up your credit card again? Maybe I'll show up, lurk in the corner and pick up the tab..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Yes tough market, like I said I was very lucky to have a great first contract. I saw on the encounter thread you were thinking about setting up a reunion thing. Are you going to put up your credit card again? Maybe I'll show up, lurk in the corner and pick up the tab..
    Posted by keater

keater, you didnt read the fine print - i said let's do it, as long as i don't have to plan it!  no credit card involved at all but you are more than welcome to pick up the tab!  no lurking though either!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : keater, you didnt read the fine print - i said let's do it, as long as i don't have to plan it!  no credit card involved at all but you are more than welcome to pick up the tab!  no lurking though either!
    Posted by ariesgirl

Maybe I will.. Abe and Louie's on Boylston?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Maybe I will.. Abe and Louie's on Boylston?
    Posted by keater

that's a little too upscale for my taste.............  you can take the girl out of the dive bar but you can't take the dive bar out of the girl....... besides i havent heard one person other than you say they would be willing to go........ Ahem.......... people?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to old timers week:
    hey hey hey, it is almost like old times when i used to say things like that i would get a little lecture from queen, i know she was the bees knees to alot of you all, but i dropped off as i found her a tad too self involved and righteous i do hope she found happiness down in south carolina  amythest, one of my favorites, and a malden girl?  i lived there for about 5 years way back when keater, my friend, working for yourself and traveling?  way to go, that is a huge change my little bubsalah, just sayin honty, ytnoh, i cant for the life of me remember what you drank, i want to say beer or something like that...i do remember your favorite athlete, mr bo jackson (jack daniels, maybe?) and remember how stinking funny you were, and a bit of a romantic lukes, wondering, calm (my hero)  tru, do you have one of the truro car signs that say tru and hey hey, phillies 4 yankees 0 - wahoo
    Posted by JEnvie

Hi JEnvie - i'm trying to remember who honty was......... i know i know the name... its been so long!  as far as queenie goes, did you ever meet her in person?  i did a few times and she is nothing like that in real life.  a really nice woman with a very sharp wit which was maybe misunderstood. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Aries, we should meet at your place. I could get there early to "help", if you know what I  mean.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Aries, we should meet at your place. I could get there early to "help", if you know what I  mean.
    Posted by calmdown

Yes Calm I know what you "mean" and I don't want to have to alert the authorities again........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Hey Amethyst - thank God someone started a new thread!  It's good to see you come out of the lurkers closet and show your face!  although i'm not quite sure I can associate you with your new s/n now!  what can i tell you, i'm a creature of habit.  Who was the guy who used to make up all the lists all the time?  those could be pretty funny.  and what happened to blue?  we did used to have some good discussions and a Lot of sparring as well! 
    Posted by ariesgirl

Hi, Aries....I think I remember the list guy you're talking about...lovenoelectrons, who over time came to be known as lovenot?  A rather cranky fellow, but had a flair for summing up the week's trials and tribulations in a pithy and succinct manner.  I had always suspected that he worked for the Globe, because he clearly was a very good writer...I can't believe I remembered his online name!!  Now, if I could just remember what honty/Bubbles liked to drink...it's bothering me now!  Gonna obsess ove it all aftenoon!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Jenvie, that avatar just cracks me up everytime I look at it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Amethyst, How are you? I started a business doing medical software consulting about a year ago and was lucky that my first contract was with a large Boston specialty hospital that was going through a re-install of a product I've been around for the past 19 years. I'm my own boss and the only employee which is a great thing.
    Posted by keater

Hi, Keater!

That's great -- glad things are going well...my sense is, that in this economy, the medical world is the "safest" place to be.  Congrats!  One dquestion, though -- As both boss and employee, if you have a problem with a company policy, who do you go to??  Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Hi, Keater! That's great -- glad things are going well...my sense is, that in this economy, the medical world is the "safest" place to be.  Congrats!  One dquestion, though -- As both boss and employee, if you have a problem with a company policy, who do you go to?? 
    Posted by Maldenlady

I go to my alter ego. Don't stress over what Honty and Bubbles drink. Honty drank beer, Bubbles drank anything. It did get lonely for Bubbles under the bridge in Revere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Hi, Keater! That's great -- glad things are going well...my sense is, that in this economy, the medical world is the "safest" place to be.  Congrats!  One dquestion, though -- As both boss and employee, if you have a problem with a company policy, who do you go to?? 
    Posted by Maldenlady

Does he cut out the company holiday party this year or take himself out to Abe and Louie's?  Give himself a nice bonus?  Turks can be expensive this time of year!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Does he cut out the company holiday party this year or take himself out to Abe and Louie's?  Give himself a nice bonus?  Turks can be expensive this time of year!
    Posted by ariesgirl

Food and resorts are expensive in the Turks regardless of the season. Right now through mid December the resort I stay at is offering stay 7 nights pay for 5 which is a decent savings.

The good thing about the holiday party is I can have it wherever I want and don't have to plan around anyones schedule. But if I take someone with me it's a business expense..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Where are all the posts going?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

In Response to Re: old timers week : Food and resorts are expensive in the Turks regardless of the season. Right now through mid December the resort I stay at is offering stay 7 nights pay for 5 which is a decent savings. The good thing about the holiday party is I can have it wherever I want and don't have to plan around anyones schedule. But if I take someone with me it's a business expense..
    Posted by keater

Ya never have to channel your inner Ratbert (Evil HR Director) -- lucky you!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

abe and louis would rock, mostly cause it is basically right down stairs from me

and this is a true story about picking up the tab - recently i had plans to meet someone i had been chatting with on line, a have a drink, see what happens type thing and it ended up being the same night a bunch of people from work were going out to take odds and bets on who would get laid off the following week (7 did) i gave him the opportunity to reschedule but he said no, he would meet up with me there.....3 hours later he picked up the tab for all of us $1000 +

never ever under estimate the power of cleavage

just sayin

someone set it up, anywhere in town, and i will buy the first round

keeter, i remember what you drink! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

abe and louis would rock, mostly cause it is basically right down stairs from me and this is a true story about picking up the tab - recently i had plans to meet someone i had been chatting with on line, a have a drink, see what happens type thing and it ended up being the same night a bunch of people from work were going out to take odds and bets on who would get laid off the following week (7 did) i gave him the opportunity to reschedule but he said no, he would meet up with me there.....3 hours later he picked up the tab for all of us $1000 + never ever under estimate the power of cleavage just sayin someone set it up, anywhere in town, and i will buy the first round keeter, i remember what you drink! 
    Posted by JEnvie

Really, right downstairs from you? I stop in there every now and then before getting my train at Back Bay. I'll becoming out from the Copley Green Line stop in about a half hour see you there..

Sections
Shortcuts