OT-V-day gifts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Hey ladies,
    Just wondering what everyone is getting/doing for the hunnies for valentines day? I never know what to do or get him and Im not very creative...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshine2008. Show sunshine2008's posts

OT-V-day gifts

We don't do much, as we see it as a commercialized holiday, but it is always nice to share a good bottle of wine and enjoy a nice meal at home.
    I think in this economic downturn, there are great ways to spend it at home.
    Try some nice Harry Connick Jr, and wine, and appetizers and enjoy each other's company. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

OT-V-day gifts

I only get roses once a year from DH and it is Valentine's day! We will exchange cards and probably go out to a nice dinner. I give him his fav - chocolate dipped strawberries!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT-V-day gifts

To us V-day is a commercial Hallmark day. We celebrate each other throughout the year, so V-day is not a big day for us.
    Hubby buy me flowers every so often during the year - just because. I have told him NOT to buy me any on V-day, when everything is 3 - 4 times as expensive. And we don't exchange gifts.
    I will probably cook at home and he will open a bottle of wine. Then we may watch an old movie together, unless one of us (sometimes both) fall asleep on the couch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

OT-V-day gifts

I usually cook something for FI, but this year I'd like him to cook for me :-) We're going to open the bottle of wine we bought the day he proposed (at Truro Vineyards). We haven't done gifts since our first v-day together, but chocolate is always nice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT-V-day gifts

We keep it pretty low key, too. We do cards and my Honey brings home steamed lobsters for dinner. Mmmmmmm :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Ditto to what everyone else - something small <$20 and a card with a nice meal at home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

OT-V-day gifts

We usually just do cards, and he brings me flowers. We keep it pretty low-key...especially since his b'day is the same week, the celebrations are usually more about him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Eurogirl, I just dont need a certain date on a calander to express to my husband how much I love him, it should be year round. I do not enjoy chocolate or flowers, but we have no problem having a few drinks and having a nice romantic night together any day of the year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Hi kar, those lobsters sound awfully good to me. I usually cook my hubby's favorite - rack-o-lamb - but this time I may treat myself. But I will steam them at home with my absolutely best recipe. If I can get hubby to go and pick them up a J. Hook - the absolutely freshest - that would be a plus.

[Quote]We keep it pretty low key, too. We do cards and my Honey brings home steamed lobsters for dinner. Mmmmmmm :)[/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

OT-V-day gifts

I always make pork chops stuffed with cinnamon apples with a nice bottle of wine. Aside from that, we don't normally do anything special although I wouldn't mind flowers once in a while. This year, I am making him a special vanilla lavender soy candle as it is his favorite.
    As a side note:
    I make a nice dinner every Friday night and every 19th, (which is the day of the month we were married) and flowers any other day of the year are extremely rare.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Eurogirl, Why wait until V-day? You and your DH can have champagne and a romantic evening many evenings during the year. It is all up to you and not Hallmark.

[Quote]Who cares if it's a commercial holiday or not? I see it as an excuse for champagne and a romantic evening with my DH!!

[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eurogirl. Show eurogirl's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Who cares if it's a commercial holiday or not? I see it as an excuse for champagne and a romantic evening with my DH!!

[Quote]I hate Valentines Day....its a commerical holiday. We just exchange cards and write something personal to one another.....since its a Saturday night...we will prob order out and stay home.[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Candy.
    But my husband always says not to bother with presents. He says men only want one thing and doesn't know why women waste their time on presents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

OT-V-day gifts

My bf and I keep it pretty low key on V-day. We usually exchange cards and he might send me flowers at work (usually tulips, my fav) and then we cook a nice dinner at home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

OT-V-day gifts

We usually dont do much for Valentines, because my birthday is a week before and we arent Valentines Day kind of people.
    We usually do a $20 limit, card included and get cute little things for each other. I usually get FI a Dunks gift card or something.
    This year, however, our lovely families took pity on us at Christmas. They know how broke we are.

We got very generous gift cards to a very nice restaurant and tickets to a play.
    So, thats what we are doing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

OT-V-day gifts

I hate Valentines Day....its a commerical holiday. We just exchange cards and write something personal to one another.....since its a Saturday night...we will prob order out and stay home.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from eurogirl. Show eurogirl's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Oh I didn't mean to say that we wait around til V-day to have a romantic time or express our love for each other. My thought was just more ...who cares who invented it, let's take advantage of it! That was all. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Same as everyone else. Who wants to spend $$ on dinner and get cheezy v-day gifts? We do the card thing..if that! I'm sure I'll get flowers...though i always urge FI not to get flowers when they are 10X's the normal price that time of the year. I am more excited to get my dog a valentine's dog toy to be honest!! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT-V-day gifts

We don't usually do much, just exchange cards or maybe some chocolates. My bday is between Christmas and V-Day so by the time V-Day gets here, we've done enough gift exchanging!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Last year I was out of town for work (which was a world of pain) the week of V-Day, and when I got home he had cleaned the *whole* house, did dishes, laundry, and filled up my car with gas. I came home, exhausted, and could just relax. It was the most amazing V-Day gift ever!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

OT-V-day gifts

Last year, I made chocolate-covered strawberries. it's really easy, despite the fact that i am the least artstic person I know. It's also about 1/4 of the price of buying them. Just a thought...

No real idea yet about this year. As long as we're together, that's all that matters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

OT-V-day gifts

My husband and I do low key things, we are pretty much card people and maybe a small something that the other wanted but just hasn't gotten, like a book or something like that.

And we have a tradition of making pizza on Friday night pre engagement and continue to do so and that is actually what we did when we got engaged, so now we make pizza and have some champagne for Valentine's day. We branch out now but the Valentine's pizza is our standard Bannana Peppers and Pepperoni.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

OT-V-day gifts

I get him a card, he gets me flowers and we generally go out to eat. He's working this V day, so we are going to brunch on Sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OT-V-day gifts

WOW peas! That was so thoughtful. Maybe you should leave more often. Just saying ----

[Quote]Last year I was out of town for work (which was a world of pain) the week of V-Day, and when I got home he had cleaned the *whole* house, did dishes, laundry, and filled up my car with gas. I came home, exhausted, and could just relax. It was the most amazing V-Day gift ever![/Quote]

Sections
Shortcuts