Possible b.com get together for all?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Possible b.com get together for all?

Hi, some of the newer people on here may not know this but several years ago I planned a get together at a restaurant/bar in the financial district area for anyone who wanted to meet and that is how some of us got to know each other.  Several people responded showing interest but only about 10 of us showed up (all women I might add except for 1 brave man!)  I know for a fact there were other people lurking though who did not come over to our table (you know who you are.......)  Anyway, would there be any interest in doing this?  Just trying to get some input here.  Oh and Calm did not show (or may have lurked!) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Re: Possible b.com get together for all?

tru always went to our little get togethers -- calm has always been all foam and no beer but he's funny sometimes -- we were always trying to get bubs or ltown to show up (actually i think ltown showed up once but i wasn't there) -- the men weren't big on getting to the get togethers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to Re: Possible b.com get together for all?:
    [QUOTE]tru always went to our little get togethers -- calm has always been all foam and no beer but he's funny sometimes -- we were always trying to get bubs or ltown to show up (actually i think ltown showed up once but i wasn't there) -- the men weren't big on getting to the get togethers
    Posted by lukes58[/QUOTE]

yeah the guys are usually all talk - the women put their money where their mouth is!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

I will stand proudly behind the plant protecting my wallet. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Lukes, Aries - did you ever hear me hiss?  Of course I will go, I'm always up for  a night out. I remember two guys being at one of them, but they've both dropped off the boards, we must have scared them. I can tell EG and Blue too, they may be interested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]Ah, that's it - Money.  Maybe they were worried about getting stuck with the tab? 
    Posted by BigWillie2[/QUOTE]

No Willie of course not! Women are notorious for dividing the bill equally and leaving a generous tip!  (who had the tuna sandwich?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]Lukes, Aries - did you ever hear me hiss?  Of course I will go, I'm always up for  a night out. I remember two guys being at one of them, but they've both dropped off the boards, we must have scared them. I can tell EG and Blue too, they may be interested.
    Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE]

oh refresh my memory Tru........... who were the guys?  and yes, please mention it to them.  and no, i can honestly say there was never any hissing involved.  Dissing maybe......... ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I don't remember the names, it was like two years ago, but one of them was really funny, the other kind of dour. Last time I met with people it was all women, Lukes, Queen, Blue, EG, Aries I think...  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

hey JE - put the avatar up again so i can see it.
    Tru, no you never hissed.
    Queen was nicer in person than she was on the boards -- i think her attitude just didn't translate well on the boards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]I will stand proudly behind the plant protecting my wallet. 
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

You better at least pay for a round Calmie.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

i'll work on bubs to get him to come, if not to come, then at least to buy a round!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]i'll work on bubs to get him to come, if not to come, then at least to buy a round!
    Posted by JEnvie[/QUOTE]

that would be fun.  please do that..........   the picture of the dog is cute and alarming at the same time!  i'm thinking of getting a mini dachshund.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

bubs will not show -- but work on him anyway

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

aries, most dogs are male magnets (wow, talk about coming full cirlce, i believe this is how this whole discussion group got oging again!) but weiner dogs scream gay man
    you can borrow mine any time you want

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

so, how about week of nov 16?

(hehe - my generous friend is actually coming this way again next week, but sorry, im keepng him all to myself this time- and yes calm, i am actually buying that night, but it'll just be the 2 of us, so i will get out cheap!!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Sorry, Willie, I can't make it. I moved to VA not quite 2 weeks ago.  The drive down was brutal. Not making it again anytime soon.  But I can just say that the weather in DC is divine!  70s in late October.  Wild stuff!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Aries, I was thinking of going but I always picture the group showing would be Calm and nine ladies all chattin' about Cooking with Paula.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

LOL. I imagine he's talking about Paula Deen.  As long as she can use Mayonnaise to achieve the end result, I think she would do either a French or Brazilian.  Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

I think men talk more about waxing more than women, I was just reading ( in cosmo of course )  yesterday that it is a big topic of coversation amongst men.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Tru, the last time I approached a man to discuss waxing, I was led away by security.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Will, thanks for the shout out, the always welcome reference to the most embarrassing topic I've ever had "strangers" outside of Weddings happen upon, and personal invitation, but I'm too far away and have a puppy to deal with.  And, my DH is overly cautious about internet meeting safety, and I will always choose to respect that.  If I still lived in the area, didn't have a puppy, and it were up to me I'd risk it for sure. :)

(Paula Deen is a Food Network star in her 60s.)

P.S.  I've been quiet as I've been extra occupied with the puppy since she was spayed last Wednesday.  She gets her staples out next Monday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Aries, where have you been my little lady?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

Kar, you mind me asking how much it cost to spay the pup -- although i got mine from  a shelter with a spay certificate it had to be done by 4 months old to be free and i didn't want to do it till she was full grown -- i am now going through her second heat - not an easy task, and i'm probably going to wait until march to have it done when she will be a little over a year -- wondering how much its going to cost me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

[QUOTE]Kar, you mind me asking how much it cost to spay the pup -- although i got mine from  a shelter with a spay certificate it had to be done by 4 months old to be free and i didn't want to do it till she was full grown -- i am now going through her second heat - not an easy task, and i'm probably going to wait until march to have it done when she will be a little over a year -- wondering how much its going to cost me.
    Posted by lukes58[/QUOTE]
    mine came spayed, very young i know, she was only 8 weeks! but they call it a pediatric spay, whatever that is, i was concerned but our vet said everything looked fine...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

what kind of dog do you have?  that is very young.