Soul Mates. Do you believe?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe?

Relationships have always been clouded in romanticism for some reason. Well the "meeting" part has. After that you are on your own with reality.
    I think there are several million "perfect matches" for each person out there. These fits will change over time with your changing views on life, but remain in the millions. 
    The older you get the more pragmatic you get, and less into silly romantic notions. But yeah, soul mates are unicorns. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I think the concept of soul mates is depressing.   What if you never find them, or if you do and they are killed in an accident when they are young? What do you do then? Moulder away?

I think people can be happy with and find a good match in many people.  Having only 1 'perfect' option out there seems to be setting yourself up for failure and unhappiness.  If something is not 'perfect' does that mean they aren't your soul mate and you should end the relationship?  Relationships are work and the concept of a soul mate, which connotes that it is 'meant to be' and should just work perfectly b/c of that, would seem to doom 99% of relationships from the outset.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Another point we have overlooked. A "soulmate" need not be a romantic interest.
    Could be your sibling, parent, friend, pet.
    Why should you have the hots for a "soulmate"?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

I actually believe there is a difference in the notion of "The One", and the idea of a "soul mate".
    I don't believe in The One.
    I do believe in soul mates--people we meet and get to know and something inside them literally resonates within us.  We each have many soul mates, and I agree with Plasko they need not necessarily be romantic partners.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Ooh la la - LSD!

Me, I preferred mushrooms back in the day.

RT - Unicorns? Virgins can see them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GIVE. Show GIVE's posts

Crazy...  If you have never had one how can you not believe.  I have and always will  have my soul mate.  He has passed on, and his soul and mine
    are still very much connected, and always will be.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think a compatible couple with sexual attraction, good communication skills and equitable levels of emotional maturity and intellect can relate to each other on every level in such a way that they will very likely grow closer together for a lifetime.  If that's a "soul mate," I believe.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, RT.  (I meant "sexual attraction" to be a catch-all regarding physical intimacy.)

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Soul Mates. Do you believe?:
    I'm a cynic on this topic.  When I hear a man say he's looking for his soul mate, that's a cue for me to back away. The reason?  'Soul Mate' implies that there is some mystical quality in a long term relationship (in other words, you don't have control over the outcome of your relationship).  The reality is that intimacy is created my mutual respect, good communication, etc. Agree/Disagree?  And why?
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

Romantically..I don't believe in soul mates..I did at one time..but now I prefer to deal in reality...best that way all around.
    I think every now and then you do come across someone who you feel an unexplainable connection with..but I don't think that means you have to have friendship or any other kind of relationship with them. There are lots of kindred spirits out there...

Sections
Shortcuts