Soul Mates. Do you believe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe?

In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : Ah.  The Holy Grail of relationships. Independent yet committed Not dependent yet mutually supportive Plenty of time together, plenty of time apart, yet monogamous I'd like to believe that's out there.  I can trace every stupid dating mistake I made to the fear of engulfment (aka 24/7/365)
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

Dare I say it, I believe that's our marriage.  So, imho, it is out there. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : Ah.  The Holy Grail of relationships. Independent yet committed Not dependent yet mutually supportive Plenty of time together, plenty of time apart, yet monogamous I'd like to believe that's out there.  I can trace every stupid dating mistake I made to the fear of engulfment (aka 24/7/365)

Do you like dogs or cats?
    Which would you rather have as a pet?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have a dog, and she is our 77 lb "fur baby" that we love dearly and cannot imagine not having, but she IS restrictive for sure.  Everything revolves around the question, "But, what about Gracie?"  Not to mention, and if you're a lurker in Pets you know this, we've spent thousands of dollars on her this year in medical costs including the whopper of reconstructive knee surgery.  She's only 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : I've always had dogs.  We grew up with them. When I was married, we had two and we treated them like our kids.  They needed a lot of 'at home' time to be settled during the work week. Every once in a while I think about getting a dog - but I like having the freedom to decide on a whim that I'm staying out for the evening.

There's your problem.
    You like dogs--loyal, loving, always there by your side.  You come to be defined by them.  And whenever you aren't with them, you know they are just pining for you to come back and be with them.
    But what you want in a relationship is a cat--loving but independent.  Happy to be around you and share time and space with you, but perfectly content on their own as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I believe in love at first sight.  Soul mates, hmn, well, I think they must exist, but I think it's hard to find in a romantic partner. 

What I mean is, I can have a platonic friend who I feel totally on the same wavelength with -- a platonic soul mate.  But I don't live with that person 24/7.  I don't clean the bathroom after them or need to be on the same schedule as them, etc, etc.  Over time, living with a romantic partner, you can have a wonderful marriage, but not necessarily (or perhaps even likely) have that magic connection where you're both always on the same page only because that connection is tested every day, morning noon and night.

And on cats and dogs, I think men who like cats are extremely sexy!  I like all animals -- though I am allergic to dogs, I do like them -- but I am a cat person.  Maybe more because I "get" cats -- ha!  like a soul mate, I do know what makes them tick.  All except one of the ones I have now, whose behavior the vet tried to explain to me:  "well you know their brains are the size of a walnut, right?"  sigh

Here he is, in a rare "sane" moment.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : I believe in lust at first sight. You can't love someone until you know them fully and completely.

I've experienced love at first sight, and it wasn't lust.  Maybe it was ESP, I dunno, but the connection wasn't lust.

I've had lust at first sight before too -- that is not that hard to come by (boy, the double entendres are just bursting out of that one).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from there-and-backagain. Show there-and-backagain's posts

I sued to be3lieve in soul mates, but that was when I was about 20.  Since then I have had a few of what you might call soul mates.  For various reasons the connection wasn't final, but at the time.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : Do you like dogs or cats? Which would you rather have as a pet?
    Posted by cb156[/QUOTE]

Can I play cb156?

I'm an ichthyologist who had a pet octopus!

What kind of person does that make me?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

EnjoyEverySandwich wrote: "And on cats and dogs, I think men who like cats are extremely sexy!"

Grew up with cats, favorite breed rag doll! It was an awesome cat.  They are called rag doll because they have extra vertebrae allowing them to be more flexible. When you would hold her it was like a bag of sand with a head and whiskers because it wasn't rigid, it was "floppy" like a Slinky! Awesome cat!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : I believe in lust at first sight. You can't love someone until you know them fully and completely.
    I could not agree more....!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I just got back from lunch. I had a smoking hot Chinese dish I think her name was Lucy Lu!..................

I hate to sound like a fortune cookie but..."absence makes the heart grow fonder" and "familiarity breeds contempt!"

One of the things I was afraid of after my Dad passed was - what would my Mother do???  I was afraid for her, I didn't want her to be alone. But what's great about my Mom is she has a number of friends to do things with! There's no moss growing on that stone! She's out and about and entertaining herself. My point is that while she loved my Dad and they did things together, they each had their own group of friends. Neither one of them made the other their sole source of social interaction.

Note: As much as I love myself, I hate being with me 24/7/365!.....Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : Can I play cb156? I'm an ichthyologist who had a pet octopus! What kind of person does that make me?
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]

Clearly you are someone that likes to be held.

Or likes an aggressive partner.

Or maybe you just like saying ichthyologist in polite company.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, RT.  (I meant "sexual attraction" to be a catch-all regarding physical intimacy.)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Hello Kar, 

I've been struggling with your comment here. I "think" there is a distinction to be made between "sexual attraction" and "sexual confidence", not sure if it's a gender thing.  I define "sexual attraction" as the visual, the packaging if you will, and "sexual confidence" as being pro-active in a relationship with regard to physical intimacy - knowing what you want and saying it or doing it.  I have been with women that possess "sexual attraction" (what can I say I'm a good looking guy! lol) but, lacked "sexual confidence" based on a poor self body image. In terms of self-esteem and self-worth I found that their body image didn't allow them to be "confident". It made for a difficult relationship.

I think these two terms thrown into the "catch all" bucket is incorrect because they differ so much. But what do I know? I'm "obtuse!"

Laughing 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : Clearly you are someone that likes to be held. Or likes an aggressive partner. Or maybe you just like saying ichthyologist in polite company.
    Posted by cb156[/QUOTE]

I don't "swing" that way cb156!

Just kidding! but, I loved your breakdown cat or dog! When I see an on line post of a woman with dog's it says to me...

"I can't go to the bed and breakfast with you in Kennebunkport, ME this weekend because I have to (1) find a kennel for the dog (2) nobody can watch my dog and (3) my dog is what's most important to me

Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]  He set off every alarm bell possible. After that, I overcorrected.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rqDkDhkJKQ

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : I don't "swing" that way cb156!

OK, how about this:
    You're attracted to cold fish-types--bottom dwellers that sneak around, never happy with what they have, always reaching for and taking whatever they can and never have anything to give back.

How's that work for you?
    Laughing

And Lucy Liu over Sandra Oh.
    True Story:  There used to be a doctor around here named Won Oh.
    I don't know if he dealt with sports injuries.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0zKn8jtMqc

{Surprised}

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : OK, how about this: You're attracted to cold fish-types--bottom dwellers that sneak around, never happy with what they have, always reaching for and taking whatever they can and never have anything to give back. How's that work for you? And Lucy Liu over Sandra Oh. True Story:  There used to be a doctor around here named Won Oh. I don't know if he dealt with sports injuries.
    Posted by cb156[/QUOTE]

.....I find this more "fitting" but, it makes me sound bitter!
    Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Soul Mates. Do you believe? : .....I find this more "fitting" but, it makes me sound bitter!

If you can laugh at it, and yourself, then you aren't bitter.
    If you really feel like that in your heart, and you spew it to everyone you can, especially all the women you meet, then you've got problems.

Given what I've learned from you and about you on these forums, I'm guessing you're chuckling.