suicidal spouse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

suicidal spouse

http://www.foxnews.com/imag/Wellness/7+Signs+Your+Spouse+Could+Be+Suicidal

Relationships aren't what they used to be.  I was in one from 2003-2004.  My ex-girlfriend was 12 years younger than me at the time.  She seemed more into herself than she was into me. She was the first relationship I had ever had at that time.  Before her; I'd do anything, I'd give anything to be in a relationship.

Now, 7 years since then; I pretty much couldn't care less. I figure, if I run into a good situation: great.  If not;  oh well;  I got bigger and better things to do with my life - most of it doesn't involve a female ( but technology ).

Relationships are on again/off again mind games.  The longer you last in a relationship ( man or woman ) the harder it is to split from someone and start over feeling left out in the cold.

Everybody feels that way. 

One thing that does remind me why I don't mind being single; ( even at 37 going on 40 ) is that you can't control people.  If something bad happens; you're the likliest person to be targeted as the guilty one who did something.

It's 1000 times more so true if you're a man; particularly a man taller than the woman; heavier than the woman;  stronger than the woman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: suicidal spouse

I'm sorry you feel that way - and I hope you're feeling better. The thread title alarmed me.

At 53, I'm a hopeless romantic. I guess I always will be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

I am very curious what technology you have used to replace a woman, as you indicated?

:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

One thing that does remind me why I don't mind being single; ( even at 37 going on 40 ) is that you can't control people.

Why would you want to, or feel the need to "control" someone?
    Is this Joe Santos the "R" rated hypnotist?

A "loving" relationship does NOT involve controling the partner.

If something bad happens; you're the likeliest person to be targeted as the guilty one who did something.

Yeah! especially if it's "your" fault! go figure...

Those are my comments and here is the advice....

Grow up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from there-and-backagain. Show there-and-backagain's posts

I've been in a relationship where the significant other was suicidal.  It was tough, and fortunately she went to therapy and dealt with some things from long ago. (Years later, she is fine now).

Relationships can be great and they can be really hard. And I have had some breakups which I was thrilled about, and others which were sad.

but it seems you focus on the negative to much. In the long run, i really don't regret any of them.