what do you all make of this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

Re: what do you all make of this

Way to go, J. Next time get one of those paper clip puzzles when J'ennui sets in.

Speaking of mini, I recently had a dinner date with someone and she had her own salt and pepper shakers in her bag and some kind of sterilizer wipe for the utensils.

Weird? No Weird? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

In Response to Re: what do you all make of this:
    Way to go, J. Next time get one of those paper clip puzzles when J'ennui sets in. Speaking of mini, I recently had a dinner date with someone and she had her own salt and pepper shakers in her bag and some kind of sterilizer wipe for the utensils. Weird? No Weird? 
    Posted by Bubs06

Hey,  bubs!  OK, a little unusual...but i've heard of stranger.  Did she say anything about *why* she does that?  Was that the only quirk, or did you notice other things?  My very first thought was maybe a little OCD, but I'm not a  clinician...Otherwise, good to hear from you!  Hope all is well...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

I recently had a dinner date with someone and she had her own salt and pepper shakers in her bag and some kind of sterilizer wipe for the utensils. Weird? No Weird? 
    Posted by Bubs06

I think we can eliminate the French, right off the bat.   They don't care what they put in their mouth. Extending that thought,  it's hard to imagine doing the wild thing with someone that fussy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

Well, Slim, after the look of horror post "Would you like to try my sea bass?" I knew it was kind of downhill from there. 

Share a red velvet cheesecake slice? 

Not in this life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

In Response to Re: what do you all make of this : Hey,  bubs!  OK, a little unusual...but i've heard of stranger.  Did she say anything about *why* she does that?  Was that the only quirk, or did you notice other things?  My very first thought was maybe a little OCD, but I'm not a  clinician...Otherwise, good to hear from you!  Hope all is well...
    Posted by Maldenlady

Doing fine ML and nice to see you. Hoping your summer has been fun so far. It was a moment for sure but to each his/her own I suppose.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Way to go, J. Next time get one of those paper clip puzzles when J'ennui sets in. Speaking of mini, I recently had a dinner date with someone and she had her own salt and pepper shakers in her bag and some kind of sterilizer wipe for the utensils. Weird? No Weird? 
    Posted by Bubs06

Way Weird!!!! Hi Bubs.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Actually, pink, I was not making a general pronouncment re what is cool and what isn't. I was responding to your statement that seemed to imply that I must think that horsepower= cool.  I don't think that.

I personally don't think that most American men can be cool driving a scooter, be it a Vespa or a Rascal.  Many Italian men could don a burlap sack and do so w/ elan.  Most American men who tried that would just look like a dude wearing a bag.  Same goes for a scooter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Actually, pink, I was not making a general pronouncment re what is cool and what isn't. I was responding to your statement that seemed to imply that I must think that horsepower= cool.  I don't think that. I personally don't think that most American men can be cool driving a scooter, be it a Vespa or a Rascal.  Many Italian men could don a burlap sack and do so w/ elan.  Most American men who tried that would just look like a dude wearing a bag.  Same goes for a scooter.
    Posted by ALF72

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

In Response to Re: what do you all make of this :
    Posted by beastsgirl

Ditto, Alf! b.g.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from keater. Show keater's posts

I really have nothing to add. Just wanted to say hey to everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

hey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

In Response to what do you all make of this:
    my friend is dating a man, he is about 5'5", very thin, drives a mini cooper and also a scooter, not a motorcycle, but a scooter, and he wears a hat that says mini on it i think its a little off, but perhaps i am reading too much into it mostly i posted this cause i was sick of seeing the same postings from 2 months ago
    Posted by JEnvie

JEnvie - how can i take you seriously on this topic when you post a picture of a "mini" dachshund?!  (oh and i just got one.  Can i borrow the hotdog halloween costume?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Posted by Bubs06

Bubs, weird, very weird - be wary!  too many um, rules.  but judging from my last 2 dates of 2 different people, both really nice, charming, funny, etc. and then finding out one is a registered sex offender and the other is a cross dresser, i'd take the control freak.  pass the hand sanitizer..........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

In Response to Re: what do you all make of this : Bubs, weird, very weird - be wary!  too many um, rules.  but judging from my last 2 dates of 2 different people, both really nice, charming, funny, etc. and then finding out one is a registered sex offender and the other is a cross dresser, i'd take the control freak.  pass the hand sanitizer..........
    Posted by ariesgirl

Aries, Aries.....no comment about the first guy. 

As for the second guy, did he email or call you about what you were wearing that night? Maybe ask to borrow a bag? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Surprisingly no Bubs.  Maybe he's more of a pastel colors guy.  Maybe he doesn't like my taste.  Personally, I'm offended.  But that kind of relationship just drains the pocketbook.  2 people wearing the same clothes, double the dry cleaning bills, never being able to find your shoes, I find it all very exhausting.  On to your date.  Now if this woman is such a "germophobe" and likes things nice and sterile, can you imagine what sex would be like with her?  Would there need to be moist towelettes all around? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Hello everyone.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Well............hello all, nice to see everyone chatting........thanks J for starting the conversations. Well, I'm sure you all know what I'm going to say.......short guy on a scooter with a mini-Cooper and mini hat. Very weird unless he works for the circus.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

see, i knew you would get it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what do you all make of this : Bubs, weird, very weird - be wary!  too many um, rules.  but judging from my last 2 dates of 2 different people, both really nice, charming, funny, etc. and then finding out one is a registered sex offender and the other is a cross dresser, i'd take the control freak.  pass the hand sanitizer..........
    Posted by ariesgirl[/QUOTE]

Oh, girl.........sorry about those bad dates. Did they both come out and say that they were sex offenders and cross dressers ? I don't know if a cross dresser would really bother me unless he wanted to borrow my clothes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

wow, I had no idea people were really so height-biased.
    Just curious- are tall guys who ride scooters and own mini-coopers okay or do you think they also belong in the circus?

I think this is particularly relevant to today's LL. If your friend is happy and there's nothing seriously wrong with the guy you should just accept the fact that it's you who has the issue, not him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[QUOTE]wow, I had no idea people were really so height-biased. Just curious- are tall guys who ride scooters and own mini-coopers okay or do you think they also belong in the circus? I think this is particularly relevant to today's LL. If your friend is happy and there's nothing seriously wrong with the guy you should just accept the fact that it's you who has the issue, not him.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

It's not so much the height, but as when you put it all together, the scooter, hat, car ect... I see red flags....like he's a Clark Rockafellar type. But there's someone for everyone.......or so I hear. Even if he were tall I would see the same flags.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what do you all make of this : It's not so much the height, but as when you put it all together, the scooter, hat, car ect... I see red flags....like he's a Clark Rockafellar type. But there's someone for everyone.......or so I hear. Even if he were tall I would see the same flags.
    Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE]

sorry, I must be missing something: what about a compact sport car and a scooter raise flags, exactly?
    besides Alf's point that they don't make enough noise to wake the neighbors when revved, I really don't see the issue.

They're practical but not inexpensive to purchase. It would say to me that he has money, but he's smart with it.
    Nothing about them says "serial killer" "wife beater" or "con man" to me.

To me they say "easy for city parking" and "high MPG"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]Hello everyone.
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

Hey Mister, where the hell have you been?  riding on a mini cooper?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what do you all make of this : Oh, girl.........sorry about those bad dates. Did they both come out and say that they were sex offenders and cross dressers ? I don't know if a cross dresser would really bother me unless he wanted to borrow my clothes.
    Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE]

The sex offender guy, i found it out on google.... very lucky on that one.  the cross dresser guy, it was an admission of sorts............ yes, they all find me!  How have you been?  hope your dating experiences have been better than mine!

Sections
Shortcuts