What is your song?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: What is your song?

In Response to Re: What is your song?:
    In Response to Re: What is your song? : Hmmm. The most popular Anne Murray "wedding song" has to be, "Could I have this dance".  Kind of an old song for your age, but always a perennial favorite given it's timeless sentimentality.
    Posted by easydoesit2

I was under 10 when her songs were popular, but my DH is 8 years older than I am and loves that era of music.  I think it was "Love Song."  He doesn't know it wasn't my first choice at all, but I chose just about EVERYTHING else with respect to the wedding (not that he minded or wanted to be involved) and he reallllly wanted that one and spoke up about it.  So, I said a hearty "Wonderful choice!"  I really didn't care WHAT we danced to as long as it was slow and had appropriate lyrics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

5th, first of all thank you for the kind words.  You are a very nice woman too and I wish all the nice people who are looking for somebody could find someone to be happy with but, as we all get older and find out, it gets difficult out there but not impossible.  It just takes a lot more effort perhaps.  I think its important to try to be happy with or without a significant other.  They have these meetup groups (meetup.com) not a dating thing per se but you can find groups of people to do things with in your area who share your interests.  It's a great idea and worth thinking about.  I actually joined one but when they had an event, by the time I responded to the email (only 5 hours after I got it), the event was full, so apparently on some things you have to move rather quickly!  Other option, if you really want that unconditional love, adopt a dog!!!  Now that is the only guarantee of someone who is happy to see you each and every day and will always be there, tail wagging!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

5th, first of all thank you for the kind words.  You are a very nice woman too and I wish all the nice people who are looking for somebody could find someone to be happy with but, as we all get older and find out, it gets difficult out there but not impossible.  It just takes a lot more effort perhaps.  I think its important to try to be happy with or without a significant other.  They have these meetup groups (meetup.com) not a dating thing per se but you can find groups of people to do things with in your area who share your interests.  It's a great idea and worth thinking about.  I actually joined one but when they had an event, by the time I responded to the email (only 5 hours after I got it), the event was full, so apparently on some things you have to move rather quickly!  Other option, if you really want that unconditional love, adopt a dog!!!  Now that is the only guarantee of someone who is happy to see you each and every day and will always be there, tail wagging!
    Posted by ariesgirl

that sounds like a good idea, aries. i'll try that.  i was also thinking of posting in the community logs, but i am in the process of moving and i don't mind being alone (and i'm not quite alone, just need a better situation). moving is such a pain in the butt, isn't it.  work and pack and come up w some serious bucks.  i also lost my brother in dec, been bummed.  he's the first to go and there's 5 more, if i outlive them.  i guess i'm not in a good mood these days.  in work this year i know of about 4 people that i got news on that died within 5 yrs of retirement. retirement is something to look forward to huh?  sorry for the gloom and doom, aries.  promise i'll be more upbeat next time we chat.  have a great wknd and i'll chat w you later.

oh this is a song post.  i heard Whitney Houston's performance in australia was a bust.  too bad, she had such a great voice.  she was a wedding favorite, wasn't she. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Hey 5th! Long time, miss your sarcastic humor! Hope you have been well!

Aries, I have been a  member of meetup for a few years now, met a lot of really nice people, you can go with me sometime....it's fun and there's always something to do and the age group varies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Oh 5th I am so sorry to hear that.......... you have had a hard year indeed and personally, I know how hard that is as I have gone through it before and am going through it again with another sibling.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope this year brings better things.  Hopefully we can plan another get together soon too.  Hang in there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Hey Tru, good to see you on here again.  I'd like to go to one of those things with you, sounds like fun.  How have you been?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

"should i stay or should I go" - the Clash

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

and you as well tru.  where is meet-up located.  sounds like just the thing i would like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Hey Tru, good to see you on here again.  I'd like to go to one of those things with you, sounds like fun.  How have you been?
    Posted by ariesgirl

hanging in....do you have my home email still?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

Oh 5th I am so sorry to hear that.......... you have had a hard year indeed and personally, I know how hard that is as I have gone through it before and am going through it again with another sibling.  My heart goes out to you.  I hope this year brings better things.  Hopefully we can plan another get together soon too.  Hang in there. 
    Posted by ariesgirl

yes, i know aries, you lost your father a short time ago.  did i mention that i broke my leg three wks before my son's wedding in jamaica.  went down on crutches and a walking boot.  it's been a fun year.  i'm hanging in, i just wish reality would take a walk..

gotta run, aries.  been great hearing from you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

and you as well tru.  where is meet-up located.  sounds like just the thing i would like.
    Posted by 5thtry
    They are everywhere...just go to meetup.com, type in you city and your interests and it will give you a list. Most are free to join, some cost like $5.00 to join.
    Sorry about your brother, I can't imagine how you must feel ....my brother is quite sick too, only 45, he's putting up a good fight though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Lukes, love the song.  and the dog.  mine would be bad sneakers and a pina colada

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Tru, very sorry to hear that........ it is really all over the place and the people get younger and younger it seems.  Sometimes I think its not a question of "who" anymore, it's more of a question of "when".  very scary. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Tru, very sorry to hear that........ it is really all over the place and the people get younger and younger it seems.  Sometimes I think its not a question of "who" anymore, it's more of a question of "when".  very scary. 
    Posted by ariesgirl

I agree, I bought supplemental insurance just in case since both my dad and brother got "sick"...I may go to a meetup tonight...it's in Cambridge if you want to join, I'm actually just finding out more details ( since they blocked the site at work, sometimes I get an email from a friend telling me about one )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Thanks Tru but my son's talent show is tonight.  Maybe I can catch the next one. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

Thanks Tru but my son's talent show is tonight.  Maybe I can catch the next one. 
    Posted by ariesgirl
    that's nice....the only talent my son has is to be a pain in the as* most of the time, at least he has a job now to keep him out of trouble!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Hi Tru. Hello there Aries.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Calm, where have you been?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Around. How have you been? Any weekend plans?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

I bet you could put on a good talent show my little lady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

You want to see me do baton twirling? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

brass in my pocket - the pretenders, thats my theme song

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenderfoot. Show tenderfoot's posts

Sinatra's "My Way" followed closely by his "Something Stupid"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Romantic that I am, I'm going with Carrie Underwood's "Before he cheats"..sigh...kinda chokes me up...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

Calm, what is our song?  I've forgotten already.

Sections
Shortcuts