Why do they ask for your number and never call????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call????

People are assuming alcohol.

Oh, right. Boston.com.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

and me what?  I think i'll stay an aries for a while longer slim.  why change what works for me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call????:
    [QUOTE]So what is keeping this "catch" from getting scooped up by a Calmwannabe? Think people. Aries, be honest. Is it that bar thing? Should she visit more bars?
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

I'm "over the hill" as they say.....maybe I should go to one of those swinging singles dances they have at the Sheratons for the over 40 crowd....anyone ever been to one? I would have to get really really drunk to go and that's not a pretty sight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : I never offered my number if it wasn't asked for. In that case, I'd ask for their number. "Would you like my number?" always sounds like "I'm interested in you, but I'd rather have you call me because I'm insecure." to me. Which is yucky.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Maybe not insecure - old fashioned, perhaps.  Not your style, I know, but there are some women out there who prefer the guy to call first.

I have no personal experience in the bar/pickup scene so I can't chime in on what I've done in that situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : I'm "over the hill" as they say.....maybe I should go to one of those swinging singles dances they have at the Sheratons for the over 40 crowd....anyone ever been to one? I would have to get really really drunk to go and that's not a pretty sight.
    Posted by trublusu[/QUOTE]

Well you know what they say Tru, 40 is the new 30......... 50 is the new 40....... but i think after that the numbers climb upwards to the next 10.  Have never heard of those dances but it might be worth checking out.  Especially if you have some friends to hang out with that will go with you.  Fact of the matter is you could meet somebody nice at a bar, online, or at the grocery store.  It's all very random

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

I concur. Its best to try fishing in a new place if all you are catching is the cold where you are currently doing it. 
    Try online dating. No phonecalls required with the good-ol internet. Its a booming industry for a reason. Everyone has too little time to meet people thesedays and this is a way to focus right down on the ones who do match you before you even set up a meet!
    Or speed-dating. Or give up dating and Murphy's Law will bring you many guys.

But, apparently, the new places to meet people are supermarkets, bookstores and coffee-shops. Some supermarkets even have a singles night, bizarrely enough.
    You go to a bar and all you will meet are drunks, or sportsfans. What type of guy do you actually want?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I met DH on eHarmony.  We did the "guided communication" (anonymously with no numbers or anything) for about 3 weeks before we met in person.  By the time we met face to face, it was obvious we wanted to keep seeing each other - we've talked every day since then (Jan 1, 2007).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : Maybe not insecure - old fashioned, perhaps.  Not your style, I know, but there are some women out there who prefer the guy to call first. I have no personal experience in the bar/pickup scene so I can't chime in on what I've done in that situation.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

if you really want the guy to call first, then you have to let him ask for your number instead of offering it. If you're going to be so forward as to offer it, you might as well just ask for his number and call him. If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound.

offering your number is like submitting a resume to a place that has no listed job openings. Sure, you may get a response once in a blue moon, but it's better to respond to solicitations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : if you really want the guy to call first, then you have to let him ask for your number instead of offering it. If you're going to be so forward as to offer it, you might as well just ask for his number and call him. If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. offering your number is like submitting a resume to a place that has no listed job openings. Sure, you may get a response once in a blue moon, but it's better to respond to solicitations.

I didn't offer, he asked....but I have to say the best relationship I ever had with someone way back when was when I slipped my number on a pack of matches and gave them to him.....the good old days! I'm not that bold anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Hows about flying to Bermuda and jumping on a lovely singles cruise ending in Boston? Its a long long time away, unfortunately. 

But they have more closer to now:

You don't meet anyone you still get to have a nice holiday and make friends :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : if you really want the guy to call first, then you have to let him ask for your number instead of offering it. If you're going to be so forward as to offer it, you might as well just ask for his number and call him. If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. offering your number is like submitting a resume to a place that has no listed job openings. Sure, you may get a response once in a blue moon, but it's better to respond to solicitations.

Yeah, that makes sense.  Good thing I never did the bar scene!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : I didn't offer, he asked....but I have to say the best relationship I ever had with someone way back when was when I slipped my number on a pack of matches and gave them to him.....the good old days! I'm not that bold anymore.

slyly slipping someone your number is awesome and way different than just asking "do you want my number?".

I don't know why anyone would ask for a number and then not call. That's just rude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Tru, drop the habit of smoking

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

[QUOTE]i think its cause they dont have the balls to simply call it a night
    Posted by JEnvie[/QUOTE]

Now wait just a minute, JE. Every time I try to call you the clinic operator says you have no incoming call privileges. Fair is fair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : Now wait just a minute, JE. Every time I try to call you the clinic operator says you have no incoming call privileges. Fair is fair.
    Posted by Bubs06[/QUOTE]

So Bubs, I guess you are still a little cranky about the "LP" comment, huh?  :P

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : So Bubs, I guess you are still a little cranky about the "LP" comment, huh?  :P
    Posted by ariesgirl[/QUOTE]

Never. JE and I are like Liz and Dick, Barrow and Parker, Parker and Benchley, Sacco and Vanzetti and, occasionally, Geo, Michael and Marilyn Manson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

In Response to Why do they ask for your number and never call????:
    [QUOTE]Hi people...long time....Happy New Year to all. Anyway that's my question... why ask for a phone number and then not bother calling? Is it just the challenge of seeing if you can get a number ?

But seriously Tru, if you feel there is no connection then recall something in the conversation about what the person is going to do, planning to do, wants to do, and so on. Then be a grown up and say good luck with that _____, stick your hand out and exit. No harm; no foul.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : Never. JE and I are like Liz and Dick, Barrow and Parker, Parker and Benchley, Sacco and Vanzetti and, occasionally, Geo, Michael and Marilyn Manson.
    Posted by Bubs06[/QUOTE]

say goodnight gracie

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ariesgirl. Show ariesgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do they ask for your number and never call???? : Never. JE and I are like Liz and Dick, Barrow and Parker, Parker and Benchley, Sacco and Vanzetti and, occasionally, Geo, Michael and Marilyn Manson.
    Posted by Bubs06[/QUOTE]

I'd be afraid to ask who "we" are...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from catnmouse. Show catnmouse's posts

I couldn't fathom why someone would take the time to ask for a phone number and then not bother to call.  What a tool, good thing he didn't, you might be dating the idiot!

Sections
Shortcuts