Worst ways to break up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncammorata. Show ncammorata's posts

Worst ways to break up?

Sure, breaking up is hard to do. Most breakups are bad. Still, there's a big difference between a bad breakup and a really bad breakup. So, tell us, what are the worst ways to break up? Have you dumped or been dumped in epic fashion? Share your stories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JFratAttack. Show JFratAttack's posts

Re: Worst ways to break up?

It doesn't get much more spineless than a text message breakup on the day you're told you potentially have a life-altering disease.  Thankfully the news turned out to be false, and I also got to see someone's true colors come out!  If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoanInBoston. Show GoanInBoston's posts

How about being told, after three and a half months of amazing dates and a really great time, via text, that we weren't really dating and we should just be friends.
    Doesn't the fact that she wanted to be just friends imply that we were more than that.
    The precursor to that was the fact that my friends told me that she changed her status to "Single" on FB! Her reasoning - she wanted to make sure there was no ambiguity!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

on a post-it 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

July - did that really happen to you or one of your friends? If so, no words for such an insensitivity. But you or your friend was much better off getting rid of this guy. I am still speechless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

By email or telephone. If you have been dating exclusively for a few months, at least have the balls to do it in person.  If you aren't interested after 2-4 dates, just stop calling or asking the person out on dates; don't send an email about why you don't think it's going to work.  If you stop contacting them or responding to their calls/emails, believe me, they'll get the hint. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

nah pingo, it is from sex and the city. haha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from katonia78. Show katonia78's posts

I was just dumped last night by my boyfriend, whom I was dating for a year, via telephone.  Clearly he was too much of a spinless coward to do it in person, after that much time together I think someone is owed a face to face.....which was what I was going to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smokingrepublican. Show smokingrepublican's posts

well, I guess that must be when linda moved to vermont.
    we lived in nashua.
    I went after her to say "I'm SO SORRY!"
    and had this huge truck accident.
    SO, I moved to orange county, ca, and married a mexican woman.
    that was a long time ago.
    I saw LINDA for the first time in years just a few days ago.
    she was still pissed, something about "SUSAN"
    well, that takes care of the kast name on the "A's" list;
    now, "B's"
    still wonderin bout Goosey.
    want to know about 6/ 27/09 or so, concord, NH clinton street.[court house?]
    heard some really bad rumors. hope all else is well, speciall "LITTLE BIT" and her MOM />
    truly
    tough time in new england, still. need to get back to home 20, OC CAL.
    thom

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbosgal313. Show jbosgal313's posts

Via email. The guy couldn't even call me. Over the last few months, he said things to me, that made me believe he really wanted the relationship to progress more...he even pulled religion into it- I thought this was going somewhere, and boom- I wake up on Saturday, after I spoke to him just hours before, and he said he was flawed, and he was moving on. I'm so heartbroken, makes it hard to trust anyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

Although it happened 20 yrs ago, it's still my best break-up story (although at the time, it was the WORST!). I was a senior in highschool and had been dating this guy for most of the year. Along comes prom season and I hear he asks another girl to be his date!!! When I confronted him, he said that just because he was taking another girl to the prom, didn't mean we couldn't go out AFTER the prom. What a tool!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hisbigal. Show hisbigal's posts

My last boyfriend dumped me for a married woman, while I was attending graduate school in another state.  That was 13 years ago.  He's since dumped her and married someone else.  I'm still single.  I've never been able to trust ayone since.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenniferc20. Show jenniferc20's posts

2007, February 13th at 11:55 pm, via text.

Funny now because the guy was a huge waste of life, but at the time I thought it was terrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maggieagnes. Show maggieagnes's posts

He was slow to engage in the relationship but we spent 2+ years together..separate homes/ towns lives etc  but weekends/trips together blah blah....phone call to say he was a mess, he couldn't do it any more he was broken blah blah blah....I really didn't see it coming.... there was no pressure either  he had several exes and I was married very young, we both had adult kids so no ticking clock on marriage or  kids ....but he was never gonna lose a house to anyone else (I have my own thank you very much)...bottom line, 6 months later he was involved with some else and between the two of them married 3x each so this much be a match made in Heaven
    bottom line it was a phone call.....no BALLS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, here's mine.  My husband didn't think I'd go for the divorce idea without a big "counseling, blah blah blah" so instead of saying he wanted a divorce, he made a bad marraige that much worse on purpose for a whole year before I broke down and said I wanted a divorce.  He said, "PHEW, finally!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Worst ways to break up?:
    [QUOTE]OK, here's mine.  My husband didn't think I'd go for the divorce idea without a big "counseling, blah blah blah" so instead of saying he wanted a divorce, he made a bad marraige that much worse on purpose for a whole year before I broke down and said I wanted a divorce.  He said, "PHEW, finally!"
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, that's awful! People can act so cowardly sometimes, going for the path of least resistence.
    I'm so glad that you got out of there and are 1000x happier with your current DH!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pink!!  Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ditto Kar what Pink said.  You DH now was worth the wait and in the cards of fate I believe : )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can appreciate my DH so much more because of what I went through, for sure.

Thanks, again, Pink and Amber.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

"PHEW, finally!"
    OMG kar, how awful that was.
    But you know, there was something so much better waiting for you - you now DH and Gracie.
    Bless them both - Pingo

[QUOTE]OK, here's mine.  My husband didn't think I'd go for the divorce idea without a big "counseling, blah blah blah" so instead of saying he wanted a divorce, he made a bad marraige that much worse on purpose for a whole year before I broke down and said I wanted a divorce.  He said, "PHEW, finally!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I never could have dreamed of my DH and Gracie at that moment, you are so right.  In fact, I thought I would never even want to DATE, again.

And, if I'd known he was going there on purpose, I wouldn't have made myself sick on the way home from work the day I had decided to tell him I wanted a divorce.  Instead, I would have picked up a cake that had, "Congratulations!  I want a divorce, finally!" written on the top.  We would have had cake.  Oh, well.  At least I can kinda laugh about it, now.

You know, that was about the time we met, my friend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubs06. Show Bubs06's posts

Reading these lapses in judgement, I am reminded of the late great Rodney Dangerfield who noted:

"So my girlfriend and I are going to dinner when we run into her ex-boyfriend."

She says "Steve this is Rodney; Rodney this is goodbye."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

Dinner reminds me of my two worst.
    1.  She invited me over and cooked dinner for me, whole nine yards.  She made it like a celebration (I guess it was for her).  I walked into her place, and first thing I saw by the door was a pile of all the things she had ever borrowed from me, or I had left, at her place.  All stacked up and ready for me to take with me.  That was an enjoyable dinner.

2.  This one let me take her out to dinner, and pay, and chatted with me about getting together on our vacations--which were separate, but actually in the same area--which were starting the very next day.  Drove back to her place, where she dumped me.
    And she took the doggy bag.

I can at least give them credit for doing it in person, and realizing the relationships were not right. In the long run, it was much better for me.  But in that moment, it seems like the world just stops spinning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Kargiver..that's awful...!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I would say the worst way is letting it drag on...just do it and be done with it. Trying to make a relationship where there isn't one is just painful. I would say that over the phone is acceptable..although not best...but texting or e-mail is just cold.

Sections
Shortcuts