Brookline Reservoir Runner- 8/19

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beck8. Show Beck8's posts

Brookline Reservoir Runner- 8/19

To the tall, handsome runner in the red shirt...

It was about 6:45 Thursday evening and we passed eachother while running around the reservoir.  You smiled, I smiled.  Then I left to run home.  Wish I had not been about to keel over from exhaustion, because I would have run another lap to see you again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Re: Brookline Reservoir Runner- 8/19

Um, 
    What a totally inappropriately bizarre post. Since when did this place become a dating/hookup website?
    For the future the "missed connections" part of craigslist is what you want:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Brookline Reservoir Runner- 8/19:
    [QUOTE]Um,  What a totally inappropriately bizarre post. Since when did this place become a dating/hookup website? For the future the "missed connections" part of craigslist is what you want: http://boston.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/personals.cgi?category=mis
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

Uhm ... because the title of this forim, created by the b.com staff, is:

Forums  »  Lifestyle  »  Relationships: Second Chances  »

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

And "All we need is Love"b.g.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

I see.
    I was thinking it was for couples who had split up and wanted to try again. Maybe like a relationship counseling service. Hence the "second chance" part. 
    Now I get its for desperate people to publicly broadcast their lust for strangers. Sorry, I must have missed that. 
    My bad. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

actually before there was "relationships" it was "second chances" 
    i think its a good idea and wish more people used it, however; it sets them up for pot shots taken such as yours
    i am a huge cynic, but a romantic at heart
    i hope he sees this post, they meet and live happily every after

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]I see. I was thinking it was for couples who had split up and wanted to try again. Maybe like a relationship counseling service. Hence the "second chance" part.  Now I get its for desperate people to publicly broadcast their lust for strangers. Sorry, I must have missed that.  My bad. 
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel they're desperate?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Seems like a pretty desperate measure, to go on a public forum and broadcast that you like someone. Given enough details it could even be detrimental for someone. 
    For example, say this guys girlfriend gets to hear of it somehow and confronts him on it. Maybe she will put her foot down on his running. All because he shared an innocent flirtacious moment with a stranger. He knew it would come to nothing, and thought that she did too, thats why it was fun. And its something everybody does, its nice to be thought of as attractive by others. But now like Fatal Attraction she pops up again ready to boil the bunny. Ok, maybe that last sentence is a little overboard, but the point is if either of them really wanted it to go anywhere they would have done something about it. If it involves a lot of deep thought on the subject before deciding "I should have..." then maybe that person wasn't right for you in the first place. 
    Maybe I am just being old fashioned. I mean, its true people are willing to broadcast the most intimate and also boring details of their lives on Facebook and Twitter. Its probably a natural extension of this to broadcast every person we would like to hook-up with no matter how fleeting the moment. I bet you the next step will also be to snap cell-phone images of them and post those too "Wanted: Have you seen this guy. Horny-girl wants him. $20 reward"

From watching all those romance movies I can see how there really is a market out there for this sort of site. But the problem is that it rarely works in the real world. There is a fine line between romance and stalking. 

Now again, I admit to just probably being old-fashioned. There are other public peer-pressure things I do not like to such as romantic proposals in front of large crowds. If I was the recipient of that I would be insulted that the fiancee-to-be was trying to use peer/public-pressure to get a "yes" out of them, when it should be done in the most intimate of circumstances so that they could say "no" or "not yet" should they want to. Ball-game proposals are a big example of this. 

So maybe I just think a private life should  be private. It could just amount to that, I suppose. Hope this helps answer your question. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

"Second chances" have been posted for 100 years or more. That would be just after the end of the Victorian era. Other than the color of the shirt, no identifying information was given. This has nothing to do with 21st century social networking. Why deny someone even a chance at love?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

you're right, plasko. we should do the grown-up thing and pass each other notes discreetly that say "Do you like me? Circle Yes or No" so that no one else ever need know we care for someone.

"go on a public forum and broadcast that you like someone"
    Get a grip. You just went on a public forum and lambasted a perfect stranger for no good reason. What does that say about you?
    I think your whole "desperate" schtick is nothing but projection. What is it you're desperate for? A chance to insult people you don't know while you hide behind your keyboard? A chance to vent all that pent up frustration brought on by your own unfulfilling life? Or is it attention?
    And then you go on to recommend craigslist. So, that public forum is okay, but this one is not. Why? Because you read this one but not that one? That's doesn't make it yours, dear. People can still post whatever they want whether you like it or not.

I think it takes guts to post something like this. May the OP find her handsome man in the red shirt, and may they be happy together.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I won't stand for bullies. Be they cyber or not.
    Why don't you go over to craigslist and answer all those missed connections seekers and tell them the error of their ways. At least those insulting emails will be private so the rest of us won't have to look at your cynical bile splashed all over the BDC boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love your posts Pink : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it's a cool use of technology - life is too short not to try.  And, if I were the one being inquired about I'd respond for sure!  Why not?!

GL, Beck!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

@amber- thank you!

@kar- Amen! Life is too short to not take a chance!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Beck, just the fact you were going to collapse has me worried. You must be overweight. You should have at least walked another lap to see the guy. I am also tall, handsome and wicked hot but I was not wearing red.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

@pinkie

Um, there seems to be much confusion here. As you can read above I misunderstood the meaning of this board in the beginning. I thought it was for genuine relationship problems. THAT was the reason I pointed the direction to a more appropriate site. I was actually trying to be helpful. 
    In fact I had never really visited the "lifestyle" section of this website and the whole thing has now opened my eyes to a different mentality. Now I see what its all about I do think the post was indeed in the appropriate section. 

"What is it you're desperate for? A chance to insult people you don't know while you hide behind your keyboard? A chance to vent all that pent up frustration brought on by your own unfulfilling life? Or is it attention?"  

Honestly I doubt that. Randomly insulting people is not nice. That said, I wont hold back my opinions either....blah blah blah....pent up frustration...unfulfilling life.....attention? 
    Well look, I can turn the mirror back to you with that. Were we all to have 100% fulfilling lives none of us would be interacting on the internet with cyber-people we would be with real 3-D people. Its kinda sad in a way. So I would say my life is probably no more unfulfilling than yours. If I have a 5min break with a coffee, sure I check out the internet, who doesn't? 

Seems like I have inadvertantly touched a nerve with you in some way, which is too bad. But I don't like internet bullies either. So back down! 
    In fact if you look at my above posts you will see that my second one I acknowledge I made a mistake about the board. The 3rd one was to answer a direct question. And this one is to fend off an unprovoked attack by yourself. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Oops,
    Forgot to also quote these word right back at ya:

"Because you read this one but not that one? That's doesn't make it yours, dear. People can still post whatever they want whether you like it or not."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE] In fact if you look at my above posts you will see that my second one I acknowledge I made a mistake about the board.
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

But then you went on to trash the very purpose of the board and the intentions of those seeking second chances or missed connections, not mention taking public proposals to task and even concocting a ridiculous scenario where someone's psychotic controlling SO doesn't allow them to so much as smile at fellow runners. That really wasn't called for and still doesn't exactly explain why it's desperate to try for a second chance with the one that got away. And, I stand by my statement that your post says far more about you than it says about your subject matter.

So, back down yourself. I wasn't bullying you, I was standing up for the OP and intended purpose of this board to voice such requests. Cheers!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

It is on!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Sadly no.
    I have explained myself and my initial error, which was apologized for.

If I have touched a nerve then so be it. But as far as I am concerned everything has satisfactorily been explained in as much depth as I can since then.
    Time to leave the hornets nest methinks ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if you cannot understand why anyone might take exception to the manner in which you've expressed your shockingly negative opinion here, then I won't bother trying to explain.
    In the future you might keep in mind that if you don't have anything nice or constructuve to say, you shouldn't say anything at all. And if you do decide to be nasty or pass judgement, be prepared for others to get nasty and pass judgement on you.

an apology followed by a condescending statement is not an apology at all. don't be shocked when people don't take kindly to it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Ditto the above,No need to be snarky.(Is that really a word?) Anyway, like I said"All you need is love"b.g.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

We are all somebody.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Correction to self, It was Paul McCartney who said that quote. Or was it John?Or maybe George,Ringo? Oh well.{Just waiting for my coffee to kick in}b.g.