Grandview Flea Market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KEK. Show KEK's posts

Grandview Flea Market

Does anyone know if the Grandview Flea Market in Derry NH is open.  I was there at the beginning of the summer but I heard they were shut down.  My teenage daughter and some of her friends want to buy knockoff designer purses but I don't want to drive all the way up there if they are no longer in business.  Thanks for your help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Re: Grandview Flea Market

Know it well - I used to live several miles north on Island Pond Rd in East Derry.  
    An old neighbor emailed me 1st of June with a big splash that later made the papers - after a 2 yr investigation, 3 vendors were shut down by the US Attorney, Homeland Security, Immigration.  Heavy Charges, as it started with sale of counterfeit goods, but a few with a regular presence at Grandview, as vendors or behind the scenes suppliers, were  not only tied to counterfeiting, but smuggling of Asians in forced labor  (as in kept prisoner) in Queens and also a California shop. 
    NH state law kicks in Jan. 2010 making counterfeiting  (designer knock off with names, designs faked)  a serious state offense, every sale, for the purchaser not just seller.

Meanwhile, rainy weather hurt sales earlier in the summer, but not nearly as much as the Feds sitting on the place, regular inspection of tables.   They are confiscating goods ( no refunds, and misdemeanor tickets) from any customer they find making deals for some items.
        The most serious charges - purses and luggage.

For other legal business, they are in operation 7 to 3:30 weekends.  Call 603 - 432-2326

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Grandview Flea Market

I had the misfortune of going there a couple of week-ends ago.  A friend and I were invited to go to a flea market and thought it was a good way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon out in the fresh air.  We drove up from MA.  What a bunch of junk.  The week-end before they had been raided - we didn't even know what their main merchandise usually was.  Tables and tables of pocketbooks, watches, sunglasses, perfumes, with a couple of sweatshirt vendors thrown in.  Those were the ones that told us about the previous raid.  It apparently didn't slow the traffic down any - cops were outside directing parking.

Sections
Shortcuts