$25,000 Dessert? - Ridiculous

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

$25,000 Dessert? - Ridiculous

I am watching one of the wedding programs on tv and the bride just tasted a dessert that was supposedly priced at $25K!  Call me old-fashioned, but with all of the hunger and poverty in the world, is there any reason why anyone would need to make or purchase a $25K dessert? I guess everyone is entitled to what they want, especially if they have it to spend, still it just seems like such excess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: $25,000 Dessert? - Ridiculous

Let me guess, Platinum Weddings?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I don't think I could ever spend that much money on something that is just going to turn into pooop.  But, to each his own I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Platinum Weddings just blows my mind.  Usually, they spend more on linens than we did on the entire wedding and honeymoon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

For $25k, I hope that dessert can drive me to work when it's snowing...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyFrappy. Show HappyFrappy's posts

I think it was David Tutera's show. The bride got to taste 3 different desserts and I think the cheapest one was $1000. I didn't catch the end of the show, so I'm not sure which dessert he picked to serve at her wedding, but can you imagine serving $1000 sundaes at a wedding? That is ridiculous!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL that's what I say to DH when he wants to buy a pricey bottle of wine!

but $25k??? was it gilded with gold or something? I always feel weird that people eat gold leaf. I don't imagine metal to be good for your system.
    Or was it made with panda milk or soemthing weird like that?

In Response to Re: $25,000 Dessert? - Ridiculous:
    [QUOTE]I don't think I could ever spend that much money on something that is just going to turn into pooop.  But, to each his own I guess.
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GirlyGirl82. Show GirlyGirl82's posts

I just don't get it. I can't imagine the ingredients are any better than a normal wedding cake you or I would buy! The baker was just smart and found herself a niche. Hey, if she has suckers willing to pay money like that, may as well charge it right? I need to get myself a niche...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: $25,000 Dessert? - Ridiculous:
    [QUOTE]I just don't get it. I can't imagine the ingredients are any better than a normal wedding cake you or I would buy! The baker was just smart and found herself a niche. Hey, if she has suckers willing to pay money like that, may as well charge it right? I need to get myself a niche...
    Posted by GirlyGirl82[/QUOTE]

Maybe each serving comes with a bottle of Dom?

It could have gold leaf or some other expensive ingredient.  Does anyone put truffles in dessert? I just can't understand why anyone would pay that much for a dessert that doesn't serve, say, Delaware.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I'm serving donuts at my wedding....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13468807/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

the saddest part of that article is that, in the movie mentioned, they say the cake is $1,800, but the chef said that if she were to make that cake for a real client it would cost $5,000.

Talk about creating unrealistic expectations!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

That reminds me of Father of the Bride, when Steve Martin goes "Cake, Frank, is made of water and flour."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

Peonie - I know...my grandmother had a fit when she found out that the cupcakes we want for the wedding are $3.50 each.  She remembers the days when you could bake a whole cake for that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

OT-  but I LOVE the gray booties in your avatar!  Where might one purchase them? :-)

Sections
Shortcuts