Airing of Grievances!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

Re: Airing of Grievances!!

People who drive into a "handicap" spot in front of the store, and hang one of the handicapped signs on their rearview mirror and then have the nerve to just diddlybop into the store....no cane, not limping, no wheelchair involved ...absolutely nothing appears to be wrong with them. 

People who use a public washroom and leave without even going near the sink to wash their hands!  Drives me crazy.

Because they have no respect for others, I usually go after them and have something to say to them in a rather loud voice and in front of others. (Can't help myself.)  Of course, they could care less but it makes me feel better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

Love this thread!! Agree with all these and of course there are always more.

1. People who DON'T send their RSVP back.....at ALL!!! How obnoxious are you that you are that you think you are above sending back a RSVP. 
    2.  People who still drive like @ss holes when there is snow on the ground...either by driving TOO slow or TOO fast.  It's snow, we get it every year at least once yet everyone forgets how to drive in it.
    3. Any bride on Bridezilla, if you really get that upset over your wedding/with your fiance...maybe you shouldn't be getting married.

5 more days!!  I can't wait!! I'll post my reviews after the honeymoon!! Have a wonderful and Safe New Year's ladies!!! See you in 2011!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Best, NYE, as you cruise on in through the home stretch!  Hope this storm is the last of it until you're safely on your way!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

lol Northern, I always wondered how your DH manages to drive his car during winter here! 

--I saw five cars run the same red light today (the road was one lane). I couldn't believe it!

--When people who say, "I could care less." No, you couldn't. That's the point. 

--SUVs. Wretched things with their 47 blind spots that try to kill me on a daily basis. 

Oh, and this isn't a grievance--quite the opposite--but my SIL (DH's sister) got engaged yesterday! Her FI proposed with a gift under the tree. I'm soooo excited for them! I told her about these boards and I hope she checks them out. She's awesome and deserves great things. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

he doesn't drive it much Whirled :-)

One more to add to the list: My work, for calling me during my Christmas celebration with family, to ask if I wanted to be put up in a hotel to ensure I could make it in to work tomorrow. I told them I would do my best to make it in in the morning. Look, I understand it's year end and they want us all in the office but no, I was not about to drive anywhere but home this afternoon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, congrats to your SIL - have her join us!  My DH proposed on Christmas morning, too.  :)

Seriously, Northern, they asked you what?????!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I made in, with little to no problems because the trains were up and running on time. Nothing was really plowed at 6 this morning but I made it to the station and therefore made it to work only a few minutes late.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

My god I must have THOUSANDS of these!

-People who can't line up for things and jump ahead of others who were waiting there before them (buses, airports, shopping mall checkouts etc)

-Checkout staff (and other people in general) who respond "uh-huh" or "mmm-hmm" in response when you say "thankyou". They should be saying "you're welcome" or "no problem" or "its a pleasure" or "anytime" or basically something that does not read between the lines as "get out of my face, I can't even be bothered to answer you so I will just grunt instead". 

-Strangers who come up to you and just start "How do I get to XYZ", with no "excuse me please I was wondering if you can help me" or even a "Hi there" first. Those completely impolite people really annoy me. 

-People who chew with their mouths open. Yes people still do that as adults! Gross. Just want to punch their teeth right out. 

-People on bluetooth and you think they are either a crazy, talking to themselves, or even worse talking to you!

-People on the T who sit in a seat then place a bag on the seat next to them, and ignore the fact that the T is full. Also people who do not give up their seats for old/disabled/pregnant people.

-The words "like" and "you know", when used as every second word in a sentence, usually by teenagers. Makes them look really really dumb. 

-People who wear college-branded clothing as if to show-off. Who cares, you go/went to college - get over yourself already! No need to prance around like an idiot shoving it down everyones throats. 

-US gun-ownership laws

Ok that will do for now. Worked myself all up! Need a cup of tea. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

What did they expect you to say? "Yes, the minor ducets and thankless bs you spew at me has garnered indelible loyalty in the company and I would love nothing more than to shorten my Christmas with my family to spend a night in a hotel in anticipation for the joy of work tomorrow."

Seriously, I wouldn't do that for a job I like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, plasko, great list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Oh my most recent one:

-people who use the term "could care less" when they really mean "couldn't care less". 

("Could care less" implies hopeful situation as you still have some care left to be used up, while "couldn't care less" is hopeless as you have used up all the care and it can't possibly get any lower than the present time)
    I have noticed various people on these boards using this term. I figured that they had only ever heard it said, and never written down thats why they screwed up when they typed it. Very bad grammar that needs to be corrected as it has the opposite meaning to the real term!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I notice it every time, too, and wonder what they believe it really means...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

-People over the age of 14 who use skateboards!
    (Not really a grievance, just hilarious in a sad sort of way seeing a 20-something on a skateboard clinging to his youth with his fingernails dug-in, refusing to accept his maturity)

-Drivers who ignore stop signs

-People who wear saggy jeans, exposing their underwear, then have to walk like chimpanzees to avoid the inevitable pants-falling-down scenario. 

-Rude jaywalkers. If you are gonna do it then don't flip-off or swear at drivers when you get caught-out in the wrong, and get honked at. Accept the shame, hang your head, and move on. 

-People who claim to never have much money, yet spend a fortune buying their lunches at cafeterias or cafes and drink $5 coffees all-day-long. 

-Smokers in the summer when you want to dine on a terrace outside a restaurant/pub. Their foul cancerous stench just kills the outdoor dining-in-the-sun experience dead!

-People who can't see others points of views, even if it's the opposite of their own. Emotional-based arguements never win over logic-based ones. 

-Tattoos and piercings. Especially neck/hand tattoos. Some facial piercings also look like giant zits. Have done several double-takes!

-Overweight people squeezed into dresses that are clearly too small, and you can see the "flab-rolls"

-Overweight people eating. I know its bad but I can't help thinking everytime "you don't need that!" and internally chuckling. A bit evil, but I can't help it, and would never let on.

-Women who make bitchy-comments then can't themselves take any criticism whatsoever. 

Ah, the list goes on and on......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Okay, here are some of mine......

1.  People that take the escalator either up or down and then, take a step off and STOP.....HELLOOOOO You are going to cause a human pile-up!!!!!
    2.  Women that sit in my makeup chair at work and say to me...."now, I don't want to look like a clown"  OMG!!!! Really???? Too bad, because making you look like a clown is totally what I had in mind because I secretly recruit for the Big Apple Circus!!!
    3. Out of controll children and the mothers that ignore their behavior.
    4. People that think Michelle Obama is a fashion icon.
    5. People that ask you a question and then interupt you answering their question by asking you yet another question.
    6.  Back handed compliments......yes, I know I am overweight, you don't have to sugar coat it by saying that I have such a pretty face and then shake your head in disappointment.
    7. Women that are a size 6 and smaller that say they think they are FAT! Oh, please!!! Are we fishing for compliments or what?
    8.  Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan.....who cares!!!
    9.  When guys wear their pants (still...isn't this trend over yet?) to their knees and have their boxers sticking out the top.
    10.  People at the T Station that spit on the T floor...I see it all the time and practically gag!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA8221. Show CA8221's posts

People who don't clean the snow off the tops of their cars! Do they not realize EVERYONE behind them is getting pelted with the snow blowing off their roofs? I guess this leads to #2: people who are unaware of their surroundings and think the whole world revolves around them!

And seriously, someone said in an earlier post it annoys them when overweight people eat? Sure. I guess if someone is fat they don't need to consume any food ever again until they get back to a normal size.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!!:
    [QUOTE]People who drive into a "handicap" spot in front of the store, and hang one of the handicapped signs on their rearview mirror and then have the nerve to just diddlybop into the store....no cane, not limping, no wheelchair involved ...absolutely nothing appears to be wrong with them.  People who use a public washroom and leave without even going near the sink to wash their hands!  Drives me crazy. Because they have no respect for others, I usually go after them and have something to say to them in a rather loud voice and in front of others. (Can't help myself.)  Of course, they could care less but it makes me feel better.
    Posted by Obbieite[/QUOTE]
    With this one, though, you never know.  Sure, there are people who milk the system.  But there are also people who have disabilities (mental/emotional/psychological) that are not outwardly visible but require a tag as much as a physically disabled person does.  Or, in my case, I spend a lot of time with my disabled grandmother.  If she's someplace where I can't just live-park in front, I will get my car, use her tag to park in a handicapped spot, and diddlybop (love the word!) in and walk her back out.  I have gotten some nasty looks, but I have also seen those looks change when I come back out with Gram on my arm. 

I know I'm not exactly following the rules here, since I'm disagreeing, but I just wanted to point out another way of looking at it so maybe it will no longer be a grievance! 

Though as for washing hands, I totally agree!  (Well, except for the part about going after them, I don't have the guts for that.) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I also parked in handicapped spots with my grandmother who was in an electric wheelchair.  There were times she'd not be out of the store yet (I'd be warming up the van while she finished shopping) and people would see me get in alone and sneer.  If they were hanging around staring and sneering, it always was so satisfying to give them a sweet little smile and wave as my Gramma came out in her "buggy," as she called it, and I put down the lift for her.

People using them without a need, though, bug me, too.  However, sometimes it's not as it appears as spinningwheel points out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Just because people are not visibly handicapped [ie, need a mobility device of some kind] does not mean they are not entitled to a handicap sticker.  I have handicapped relatives so I bristle when I see some 'ablebodied' person park in a handicapped spot, but then remember that my grandmother had an "invisible" disability.  Those placards are not as easy to get as they used to be 10 years or more ago, so you can be 95% sure that the person is in fact entitled to use that spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitten1979. Show kitten1979's posts

Ok since this is the wedding board technically, I'll throw up my wedding grievances:

1)People who have a wedding 6 months before yours with the same guest list as you that steal details you told them about your wedding and use them for their own.
    2)Gaining 15 pounds from stress and not fitting in your dress
    3) $160 for a plate of flippin' chicken!! It's chicken! For a $160 that chef better have cut its head off and plucked its feathers right in that kitchen there because otherwise I can just call KFC and have them deliver and I bet my guests would be perfectly happy with that!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Where were you through your wedding planning days, kitten?  Congrats!  I like KFC...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

my biggest pet peeve??? where do I start?  i'm feeling particularly grouchy today, don't know why...probably because its too cold for my liking and would really love to be in a tropical climate with an adult beverage right now!  Laughing

waiting in line at a store is my biggest pet peeve.  hello???  i'm taking the time to do shopping at your store, please...have plenty of registers open and operating.  I shouldn't have to wait to make my purchase!

people who let their small children run out of control all over the place (in a public place) and expect everyone..except the parents..watch their kids.  I have several immediate family members who do this, and i really want to dope slap them upside the head.   

both parents were recently diagnosed w/health conditions...while mom never drove, dad had to give up the license.  according to state law, they do qualify for handicapped parking.  both have major documentation submitted to the state by their doctors, and we're having a rough time trying to get a handicapped placard for when we (one of their kids) need to take them to do basic errands, like shopping, banking, to and from doctors appointments, etc...is ready to go off on the state! Yell 

ok.  i feel better now that i've vented.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!! : With this one, though, you never know.  Sure, there are people who milk the system.  But there are also people who have disabilities (mental/emotional/psychological) that are not outwardly visible but require a tag as much as a physically disabled person does.  Or, in my case, I spend a lot of time with my disabled grandmother.  If she's someplace where I can't just live-park in front, I will get my car, use her tag to park in a handicapped spot, and diddlybop (love the word!) in and walk her back out.  I have gotten some nasty looks, but I have also seen those looks change when I come back out with Gram on my arm.  I know I'm not exactly following the rules here, since I'm disagreeing, but I just wanted to point out another way of looking at it so maybe it will no longer be a grievance!  Though as for washing hands, I totally agree!  (Well, except for the part about going after them, I don't have the guts for that.) 
    Posted by spinningwheel[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on that one, spinningwheel.  But that scenario doesn't happen too often.  I happen to have a friend who does this all the time and I won't ride with her to the store.  Either we drive in my car or we don't drive together.  There is nothing wrong with her.  She is using a handicapped sign from a neighbor of hers who died.  I won't have any part of that.  She won't ride with me because I park as far away from the store as possible not only to save my car from dings and dents but mostly for the extra exercise I get from walking (diddlybopping) into the mall. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my most recent one: -people who use the term "could care less" when they really mean "couldn't care less".  ("Could care less" implies hopeful situation as you still have some care left to be used up, while "couldn't care less" is hopeless as you have used up all the care and it can't possibly get any lower than the present time) I have noticed various people on these boards using this term. I figured that they had only ever heard it said, and never written down thats why they screwed up when they typed it. Very bad grammar that needs to be corrected as it has the opposite meaning to the real term!
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

Plasko:  Thank you for correcting my grammar.  I just googled the term and saw the different meanings and the origin of the term.  I will have to bone up on my English grammar before I post again.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!! : Plasko:  Thank you for correcting my grammar.  I just googled the term and saw the different meanings and the origin of the term.  I will have to bone up on my English grammar before I post again.  
    Posted by Obbieite[/QUOTE]

Wow, probably the first time I have been thanked here in a non-sarcastic way! I need a lie-down to recover, ;)
    Suppose there is a first time for everything!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

this list is just so fantastic! I have afew more after travelling for Christmas:

-People who stand up as soon as the plane touches the ground. Where do you think you're going? We're all stuck here til they opent he door, you might as well just sit comfortably until then.
    -People who insist on carrying everything they own onto the plane as opposed to checking it, and clearly are nto prepared or familiar with the rules. They take forever with their shoes and laptops and everything else. Just check your stuff! Put your damn laptop in a sleeve, wear slip-on shoes, and try to not have change in every single pocket on your person.
    -People who behave badly around their children and then get upset when their kids act out. You need to lead by example. if you b!tch and whine to get your way, why would your kids do any different?
    -People who rush the baggage carousel. The bags come out one at a time. When you see your bag, that is when you step forward to retrieve it. You don't stand there, blocking everyone else from their luggage.
    -People who let their kids stand right in front of the baggage carousel. Unless your kid is actually capable of getting their own suitcase, there's no reason for them to be there. I'm sure there's plenty of other entertaining things going on, they don't have to watch every bag come out.
    -Elderly people who cannot lift their carry-on luggage into the overhead bins, but still don't just check them. they stand there and look around sheepishly for help, but don't ask. most airlines no longer allow their flight attendants to put carry on items away for passengers. you cannot rely on the kindness of strangers anymore, I know that's a shame, but it's just the way it is. I was on a flight home the day after Mother's day this past May and I was literally the only person on the plane who wasn't a senior citizen or travelling with an infant. The flight attendants weren't allow to help with bags, so the one or two younger guys (travelling with infants) able to assist people had to help everyone before we could even taxi out to the runway.
    -Airport terminals with no food except pre-made sandwiches. Have you ever eaten one of them? they cost $8 and taste like they're 4 days old. Unacceptable.